Why is this hobby so expensive... Or not s it just me???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You have to spend your money on something. When I was a kid, there was a really odd man that worked at the Post office. He lived alone in a little apartment built in an attic about a block away. He didn't own a car and had a very old bicycle. You never saw him wearing anything but his Post Office uniform. They said he died with millions, and with no family, where did the money end up? After taking care of all my responsibilities and benevolence, I don't mind spending some of what is left on recreation.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I started shooting more this year because its cheaper than woodworking:spend:
    I hear that. Materials have gotten crazy expensive...and you still can't find a decent sheet of hardwood ply.
    If you know how many guns you own, you don't own enough guns.
    This is my problem. Apparently, I have a collectors mentality when it comes to guns.
    Pretty much everything that is fun is expensive, although sometimes the expense isn't money or it's not obvious.

Guns and shooting are less expensive than a lot of other activities such as golf, auto racing, airplanes, marriage, etc.
    Marriage. QFT
    Especially when you add kids to it.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Semantics possibly, however, this is no "hobby" for me. Just like hunting white-tails, this gun thing is a way of life for me. It`s me exercising my Second Amendment rights as a free citizen in the greatest nation on the earth. It`s me protecting myself and my family. It`s me simply enjoying the shooting, handling, and cleaning of my beloved guns. It`s a lifestyle, a way of life that is the envy of the world, because it both represents, and is an extension of my freedom as an American. And yeah, it`s expensive, but then, freedom always is.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Some guys drink a six pack every night and smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. Throw in a round of golf on the weekend and they're spending a lot more than I do on shooting. But that's only because I can't afford to shoot as much as I want :ar15:

Top Bottom