• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You'll wish you had been finger printed to get your LTCH if one day you're sitting at McDonalds and see someone march in with a rifle slung over their shoulder.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am mooning the government as we speak, they may now kiss it.

I want to sincerely thank you for the vivid image I now have of you....pants down, bent over shining a full moon in a random fashion. I hope the mind bleech I am pouring on my head will remove said image so I may go about my day. Again, much appreciated.......:):

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    #1 Reason: The Lifetime license is going away at the end of the year.**

**(The above statement may have been spoken by one or more mall ninja's/gun shop workers/Kool-aid sippers/holster sniffers and is NOT true, but I had to post, Its State Law, Randy! Besides, his could never be considered a proper INGO LTCH thread without it)

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Because if you ever get in a position where the cops are asking you for prints you will wish you had been printed sooner...

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Given all the NSA is doing, fingerprints should be the least of your worries.

To me, it seems more likely you could find yourself in a legal entanglement carrying in a way you may have thought was legal, but turns out is not. From my point of view, one gets far more utility out of their handgun(s) by having a LTCH, and there are fewer legal compliance issues to worry about.

All depends on your relative perception of risk and priorities I suppose.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I understand OP's concern completely. I am also a very private person and don't like being fingerprinted like a common criminal. I always imagined they might find my fingerprints at a crime scene randomly, and then frame me in a crime I didn't commit or something lame like that. But I've never heard of that happening. Fingerprints had to be made separate when I purchased my suppressor, and those were sent directly to the feds, which sucks even worse. But the bottom line is that you should have nothing to fear if you are clean, which of course is the whole point.

Do NOT let them intimidate you into giving up your rights! If another Hitler becomes president and starts hunting gun owners down based on some database, then we will fight that battle as one. But until then, exercise your right in any legal way you see fit, and let the government have their paperwork.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    By publishing the list of Permit/License holders in whatever state that was (NY or NJ, I think), they did a great job at deterring/scaring people into not getting them. Luckily, I don't believe we are at any sort of reasonable risk of something like that happening in Indiana. But when we let them scare us, we let them win. I'll refrain from posting my true thoughts on the process of exercising our rights, but it could always be worse.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I can not post exactly how I feel about the Gov. as it exists today. Big brother is most definitely watching this forum.

I understand that..But we must promote the idea that Government answers to us...Big Brother only exists as long as the majority tolerate intrusion.It is time to show up at the polls in record numbers,and throw the bums out,who love big Government.I get tired of hearing people worry about their rights being taken away...Purpose within your own mind to resist anti-constitutional regulation by any means that become necessary.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm 25, was printed in grade school so we could see 'how the police finger print people'. (Or something.) So I didn't really mind the finger printing process for my LTCH. If you're worried about prints, get a revolver so you don't have to pick up your casings.

Joking aside, what I dislike, and I think we can all agree on this, is that we have to pay a fee to utilize a RIGHT. Would you pay $125 for a lifetime free speech license? Would you go get printed for that, go visit your local PD and deal with the awkward interactions while someone runs your background check? Well, I would... but that's besides the point. I'd hate it, but I'd not want to be walking down the street and say, "Damn, I think our [government official] is full of [bodily waste]" and have a cop overhear me and say, "Son, you gotta a license to free speech on you?"

What I'm trying to get at is Indiana, and all states (Well maybe not California. But I'm okay with putting up a fence) should have constitutional carry.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    In a way, we do. We have "a right to bear arms" not a "right to bear all arms". I do not agree with this. I feel we should have the right to arm ourselves with any technology we are able to afford, be it a 1911, ar15, tank, howitzer, nuclear weapon, etc etc. I also feel you should be held accountable for the use of that weapon. Back to the carry of arms. I carry a handgun, and do not have a permit. I carry a "cap and ball" revolver, which is exempt from the carry license. I am NOT a felon barred the use of modern firearms.My principle is that I refuse to turn a Natural Right" into a "regulated Privilage". I have the Right to keep and bear arms for my defense in this manner.If you think you might EVER wish to carry a modern firearm, I'd say get the license. Or get a cap and ball IF your comfortable with that.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Wow. That sure lit a fire. I am 60. There are no prints on my birth certificate, neither fingerprints or footprints.
    Thank you all for your opinions, even possum_128. There is no tin foil.
    My concerns are pretty similar to netsecurity.
    But I will consider it all. I guess I will "get over it" and get the LTCH.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Applied for a lifetime on 11/5. Received the license today. The system is working pretty well.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Applied for a lifetime on 11/5. Received the license today. The system is working pretty well.

Nice!

I don't like being in 'the system' either, but I also didn't want to risk losing my right completely in the event I carried without being 'legal'. I also think its BS you have to pay money and have a record of utilizing a right. In my earlier example, it'd be outrageous for them to issue 'free speech licenses' to utilize your 1st amendment right, I think it's silly to issue 'carry licenses' for your 2nd amendment right. But it is what it is.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom