• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    it'd be outrageous for them to issue 'free speech licenses' to utilize your 1st amendment right
    Yeah, we would never have such things in this country...

D.C. Denies Permit To Patriotic ?2 Million Bikers To D.C.? Rally To Protest Planned Million Muslim March On 9/11? | Weasel Zippers

free-speech-zone.png

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nice!

I don't like being in 'the system' either, but I also didn't want to risk losing my right completely in the event I carried without being 'legal'. I also think its BS you have to pay money and have a record of utilizing a right. In my earlier example, it'd be outrageous for them to issue 'free speech licenses' to utilize your 1st amendment right, I think it's silly to issue 'carry licenses' for your 2nd amendment right. But it is what it is.

Enjoy!
    Your picture from your driver's license has you in the system. Facial recognition has become all the rage for identifying us.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

I was more thinking along the lines of a permit/license for me to say that I think so and so is dumb or that I think an elected official should shove it while walking down the street with a friend. I'm aware of the free speech zones and/or permits required for gathered group protests, which I also disagree with, but was simply implying it'd be ridiculous to need a license for 'general' free speech. Like if you and I were having a conversation in a coffee shop and an officer approached us to see if we had been issued free speech licenses because another customer overheard our statements.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Your picture from your driver's license has you in the system. Facial recognition has become all the rage for identifying us.

Funny enough, I recently got my expired drivers license updated and was thrown off by all this new crap. It doesn't matter, my face is in the system because I've got a passport for travel, but was taken back that the STATE required it too. Hell, in elementary school they finger printed me too to show us 'how it was done' or something, who knows?

On top of that, my drivers license has a 'star' on it that the lady at the BMV told me will soon be a requirement for all new issued licenses. More info on that here: Are You Seeing Stars on Your State Driver?s License? Say Hello to REAL ID | AxXiom for Liberty

Are you seeing stars?
    If you live in Indiana, South Dakota, Delaware, Connecticut, Utah, Alabama, Ohio, Florida and West Virginia you will be.

A gold star on your state drivers license means that you have yourself a REAL ID card.
    The Real ID Act of 2005 imposed federally mandated standards for state driver’s licenses.
    Under REAL ID licenses are to be
    •machine readable
    •contain biometric data (including facial biometrics)
    This and other information is to be shared nationally and internationally. REAL ID Facts

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am thinking about getting a carry permit. But, I am not real excited about doing that.
    1. I don't want my fingerprints in some national database (I have never been fingerprinted).
    2. I don't really want to advertise that I may have, or may eventually have a handgun. (Liberal newspapers printing lists of permit owners, public lists, etc).
    Anyone have any strong reasons why I should get one?
    If I had a handgun, I'm not really inclined to take it anywhere besides the range. It would be mostly for home defense and target shooting.

Do you use a credit or debit card? Do you have a drivers license? You are in so many databases the NSA can crack that it makes little difference if they have your fingerprints or not.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not 100% on this, but I think the fingerprints taken at the hospital are for internal use and for parental use in the event of a mix up or kidnapping. Babies look pretty similar and often don't answer to their own names. Finger and heel prints come in handy if you drop an arm full of babies and need to sort them back out. What I am 100% on is not everyone is in the database. I routinely have to take elimination prints from victims of carjackings, etc. because their prints aren't on file and the fingerprint guys will need to them to eliminate which prints are the owner's and which are the suspect's.

Anyway, life is a game of odds. What are the odds "something bad" will happen because your fingerprints are on file vs the odds "something bad" will happen because you weren't armed when confronted by a violent attacker.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd rather have my finger prints taken to run the background check for an LTCH, than have to have my next of kin come identify me in the morgue. Pretty simple decision.

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    54 years old and only time i have been fingerprinted has been for LTCH
    no birth ones either ( gee i hope that i went home with the right parents back then :) )
    I also figure that the Big Brother would not find my cell phone stuff and internet habits
    that interesting, except for this web site

Top Bottom