Why the Four Rules Are So Important (Graphic)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    For all the horse thief talk above, I believe killing a man for stealing a horse wasn't about the $$ value of the animal itself. It was about the consequence of stealing the horse to the person left behind apparently now on foot and perhaps many miles from civilization. At least a tremendous hardship, if not a defacto death sentence itself. Now I could be dead nuts wrong on this but I think it's correct.

Scooped dagnabit!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My website tracks incoming visitors and a boatload were/are coming in from your forum, so I figured it'd be rude not to take part. The discourse over my "right" to shoot the guy is kinda null since I'm glad I didn't regardless of the circumstances, but Texas' legal interpretation of lethal force and home defense varies wildly against other states, though federal law intervenes of course. Every other older gentleman I meet who knows of my hobby as an amateur shotgun surgeon says something like "You shoulda killed the bastard!" or "Assess the situation, drop the threat, call the police!" or "Shoot first, ask questions later!" (If I sound better as Boyd Crowder, read those lines as Phil Robertson) Yes, I could have, but since I'm apparently one long-functioning bad decision I not only messed up there but all over the place. We were talking about woulda/coulda/shoulda on another board and I have to decline trying to decipher my colossal foul-up personally, since you're only going to drive yourself crazy living that way. End of the day, killing a man is not an easy or snap decision- but it counts, believe me. I am curious as to just how hard the Internet can bodyslam me for shooting myself :P

As for the quality of my writing, it speaks for itself. Poorly. No guarantees there!

Thanks so much for posting, it all goes down in a second and everyone is a armchair quarterback...

I just got back from rural East Texas and one thing I can tell these Indiana guys is life is different out there, there are no cops for miles, maybe hours. Scrape metal and junk everywhere and the men don't take so much crap and the cops don't ask so many questions, that's just the way it is.

Sorry to hear you got shot in the leg and thanks again for posting!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Like I've said elsewhere, I am a prime and graphic example of poor gun handling, bad enough to horrify viewers into rethinking that sweet-ass Mossy 500 PGO cruiser they have for HD/zombies/e-penis ratings. In situations like these you gotta own up when you **** up, and no one ever got anywhere by hosting a pity-party for themselves, so laying it all out with the disclaimer of "don't be me" attached is the only honest way to turn this stupid accident into something people can perhaps learn from. If I saved one like-minded idiot the stress of picking lead shot from a limb, then I've contributed something besides gory photos and a rambling narrative. My mother told me growing up "you can be a wonderful example or a terrible warning," and I like to think I'm pretty good at the latter. And to the guy who complimented my pharmaceutical knowledge: that's two years of psychopharmacology classes at work. Not quite Breaking Bad-level interesting, but enough to know that morphine isn't a long-term solution.

Welcome to the forum...Love the e-penis comment. Lots of those guys around.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    It could of been worse, you could of shot yourself with an actual mossberg. Now that would of been embarrassing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I knew we were in for a "good" story just based on Kirk's description, then when I saw that a pistol-gripped 12ga was involved...I knew all sorts of "win" was right around the corner.

Anyhoo- no I wouldn't kill someone for taking stuff. I have more respect for life than that, even if the perp doesn't seem to. I hope this cautionary tale is indeed cautionary for us.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I came to look for the graphic images, but I found none.

pie_graph.gif

bargraph.gif

There. Graphic images.

Top Bottom