• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe this is the problem. This sounds like you resent people who have no need for bikes, expressing their views. I think to you it's a big part of your identity. So you are offended by people who diss your thing. I think the world would be better off if humans learned to override the instinct for identity. It's an outdated trait. It causes people to be offensive towards whole identity groups, and and causes people to be offended on behalf of whole identity groups.
    No, I resent those that suggest taking cyclists rights away, those that designate them second class users, say they should get out of their way, and slur cyclists as playing in the road.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Certainly cycling has become more popular, but I don't think enough so that there are hordes of people begging legislatures to pass laws to give disproportional deference to them. If that were true I'd see a lot more people riding in downtown Louisville, for example. The bike lanes I see are mostly empty. And like I said, New Albany spent who knows how much money taking away a lane intended for cars to put in a bike lane. I don't think anyone uses it. So that bike lane did not get funded because of demand. It got funded because of ideological whims.
    Gee, I thought hordes of cyclists were on your road several times a day…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It would be easier for you to visit a bike super store and see it all first hand. It is as radical of a change there as at a gun super store. Just like gun stores had revolvers and a few other configurations of pistols, now technology allows one to buy or build a gun specific for a use, same with rifles.

Bicycle manufacturers now offer frames for being cool, frames for comfort, frames for mountain biking, frames for trail riding, frames for fitness, and of course frames for road use and every different style of racing, even many different frames for children besides just a bike frame. This is just a partial list of frame styles, construction design, materials, and weight available.

A lot of technological changes for both guns and bikes…

I don't know why don't you? Maybe they have been assaulted by those blowing diesel smoke at them too often. What importance is an anecdotal area?
    All you posted was available at that time, magnesium and carbon fiber is nothing new.
    Whither it be guns or bicycles.
    Even Schwinn had choppers with ape hangers and suspension.
    Nothings cooler than, Schwinn's "Crate Series"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    All you posted was available at that time, magnesium and carbon fiber is nothing new.
    Whither it be guns or bicycles.
    Even Schwinn had choppers with ape hangers and suspension.
    Nothings cooler than, Schwinn's "Crate Series"
    Much of what is available now was not COMMONLY available then.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Much of what is available now was not COMMONLY available then.
    Nope, thats very liberal of you change your narrative when you get put in a corner,.
    Plenty of bicycle stores in the metro areas of the United States that sold from kids bikes, beach bikes, tour bikes, road bikes,mountain bikes, track bikes, velodrome bikes along with equipment to go with each of them.
    Still have bicycle stores in the metro areas that serve the same services.

And if bicycles aren't toys whey do all the department stores that sell them have them with the rest of the toys?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No, I resent those that suggest taking cyclists rights away, those that designate them second class users, say they should get out of their way, and slur cyclists as playing in the road.
    Those views are represented by a trivial percentage of participants in this thread, which is why most of us participating struggle to understand the... degree of ire directed toward us specifically or in the thread generally.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope, thats very liberal of you change your narrative when you get put in a corner,.

Bless your little heart. I changed nothing.

“The technology has made bicycles far more specialized and useful than they once were. 50 years ago”. This is a fact, I stand by it.
    Plenty of bicycle stores in the metro areas of the United States that sold from kids bikes, beach bikes, tour bikes, road bikes,mountain bikes, track bikes, velodrome bikes along with equipment to go with each of them.
    Still have bicycle stores in the metro areas that serve the same services.

And if bicycles aren't toys whey do all the department stores that sell them have them with the rest of the toys?
    Department stores sell cars too…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Those views are represented by a trivial percentage of participants in this thread, which is why most of us participating struggle to understand the... degree of ire directed toward us specifically or in the thread generally.
    You don’t get how your posts are indicative of “suggest taking cyclists rights away, those that designate them second class users, say they should get out of their way,“. Wow!

A ton of posts that cyclists don’t pay taxes for roads, roads are not designed for bikes, but you don’t get why cyclists can see you are not for protecting their rights…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Bless your little heart. I changed nothing.

“The technology has made bicycles far more specialized and useful than they once were. 50 years ago”. This is a fact, I stand by it.

Department stores sell cars too…
    Sure you did, thats what you constantly do, you are the concept of a liberal paradigm shift.
    And when cars are sold in a dept store, they are not in the toy dept with the bicycles.

1932 track bike

273740-small.jpg
    ktts_raw_3q-6.jpg
    2024 track bike Yep, massive changes in those 90 years.. Massive
    I'm gonna guess that the pink spandex crowd now needs brakes on a fixed gear?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure you did, thats what you constantly do, you are the concept of a liberal paradigm shift.
    And when cars are sold in a dept store, they are not in the toy dept with the bicycles.

1932 track bike

View attachment 343131
    View attachment 343133
    2024 track bike Yep, massive changes in those 90 years.. Massive
    I'm gonna guess that the pink spandex crowd now needs brakes on a fixed gear?
    1711650187534.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Still laughing here. You post a bunch of sillyness but never seem to back up your claims.
    Again what are these "NEW" modern comfort bike features you posted about.
    Asking for “NEW modern comfort bike features” is not anything I said. You might ask the poster that said that. I said, “The technology has made bicycles far more specialized and useful than they once were. 50 years ago.” Then explained I further detail I post #2033…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I disagree with this reason. The technology has made bicycles far more specialized and useful than they once were. 50 years ago, even in the city few people rode a bike to work that did not have to. That has all changed now.

Those that call bicycles toys are just ignorant idiots, for an INGO type example though I have no road bikes I have quality transportation bicycles for recreation and as a prep. Including spare parts to keep them going and the tools to fix them.
    Newer technology would certainly add comfort. Anyone that thinks different is in your words in this thread, is an ignorant idiot.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You don’t get how your posts are indicative of “suggest taking cyclists rights away, those that designate them second class users, say they should get out of their way,“. Wow!
    My posts suggested nothing of the sort. You merely made extremely poor inferences from what I actually posted. In fact, what I actually posted directly refutes your poor inferences.

A ton of posts that cyclists don’t pay taxes for roads, roads are not designed for bikes, but you don’t get why cyclists can see you are not for protecting their rights…
    I can't help you reading into my posts things I never said, never intended to say, and don't think or believe - again, especially when what I actually posted directly refutes your poor inferences (and your straw man arguments).

That you continue to assert things that are demonstrably false really says a lot about your general demeanor in this thread. You're Big Mad at a caricature of me and my beliefs that you have created out of whole cloth in your head.

Top Bottom