Why you dont play with guns (why idiots shouldnt have guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    So Wednesday morning I woke up to phone calls and text messages that my best friend had been shot. Luckily it was only in the ankle/foot but still a scary thing to wake up to.

I wont go into great detail, since i wasnt there i dont know the whole story anyways, just that he got shot by a negligent dumb ass (supposed friend) with an ar15 (assuming a standard pressure .223 fmj round). round went through his jeans, boot, foot, through the other side of his boot and jeans and then through the floor. happened at approximately 3-5 yards inside a house. To go along with the obvious flesh wounds he sustained two broken bones.

Heres a link to a few pictures

clicky

Be safe out there!

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    So Wednesday morning I woke up to phone calls and text messages that my best friend had been shot. Luckily it was only in the ankle/foot but still a scary thing to wake up to.

I wont go into great detail, since i wasnt there i dont know the whole story anyways, just that he got shot by a negligent dumb ass (supposed friend) with an ar15 (assuming a standard pressure .223 fmj round). round went through his jeans, boot, foot, through the other side of his boot and jeans and then through the floor. happened at approximately 3-5 yards inside a house. To go along with the obvious flesh wounds he sustained two broken bones.

Heres a link to a few pictures

clicky

Be safe out there!
    Guns are manufactured for one reason, and it's not playing games.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    and that is why they have safety rules. You can break them at your own peril. Heck, you can break them and be lucky, but what do you really win? However, usually you break them, and bad things happen, which is why they have it.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Major trauma to the human body has been documented to shorten a persons natural life. This is not insignificant trauma.

This is a significant incident that will always effect your friend in many ways.

I hope your friend enjoys fast and uncomplicated healing and recovery.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    and that is why they have safety rules. You can break them at your own peril. Heck, you can break them and be lucky, but what do you really win? However, usually you break them, and bad things happen, which is why they have it.

Well obviously multiple safety rules were broke at this time. the person who did this had always been bad about following them and this time it something bad did happen. I'm just glad the shot was low, for as bad as it is it definitely could have been worse, I'm just thankful I dont have to go to a funeral.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Mhmm. I think about that sort of stuff every time I go to a crowded range. I probably spend more time looking at other people (and how they are handling their firearms) than shooting my own....

Paranoid? Maybe. But I'd just as soon leave with as many holes as I came in with...

Hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Those are the type of people that should stick to airsoft rifles. Lucky it wasn't worse. You don't get to many second chances with a firearm mishap.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well obviously multiple safety rules were broke at this time. the person who did this had always been bad about following them and this time it something bad did happen. I'm just glad the shot was low, for as bad as it is it definitely could have been worse, I'm just thankful I dont have to go to a funeral.

As always, when an accident happens and someone is injured, multiple safety rules were broken. Glad that he was merely injured as well, and lets hope that he learned a valuable lesson as well. Breaking these rules don't really get you an award, but some people break them like it will.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    really? so the whole shooting sports world is?? :dunno:

I'd hope its being used for training. Firearms though are made for one purpose, to put a hole through something at a distance. Like any other tool, it can be used for a lot of other things, but better not to forget what its designed for. Just like a chain saw, can be used for many other things, but you better not forget what its designed for.

Top Bottom