Why you dont play with guns (why idiots shouldnt have guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    I know the guy that go shot and have met the one who shot him. Idiot lets just say i wouldnt be as calm as the guy the got shot. The one who sho him desrves every ounce of punishment possible f$&@&"! Idiot. He Is lucky i know i would be thinking twice about who i hang out with

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Several years ago, I was helping a friend clean out his parents' house after his father died. Another guy who came to help brought his 6 or 8 year old daughter and parked her in the living room with a book.

One of the relatives was alone in the master bedroom and found a rifle in the closet. The only thing he knew about guns was where the trigger was so he pulled it. The round went through the two layers of drywall around the closet, across the living room and through the drywall on the exterior wall, and was stopped by the brick veneer.

From looking at the holes in the walls, we estimated that the round missed the little girl's head by about one foot. I still get cold chills when I remember that.

jevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    What happens when something like a 5.56 FMJ goes through either the hand or foot? There are a lot of tiny bones in there that, I would imagine, get blown apart. How do doctors heal those bones? Lots of little metal rods? I hope the small, relatively un-gory exit wound means that your friend didn't sustain too much damage! Be safe, everyone!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Lucky....

I have shot predators with 5.56 at 100 yards and beyond and the wound damage was much worse than this. Lucky guy! I am wondering if having the boot on made a difference.

I hit a shoulder blade of a coyote at 125 yards and the exit wound was massive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lucky....

I have shot predators with 5.56 at 100 yards and beyond and the wound damage was much worse than this. Lucky guy! I am wondering if having the boot on made a difference.

I hit a shoulder blade of a coyote at 125 yards and the exit wound was massive.

75 gr. Hornaday .223 out of a rugger bolt gun. About the same distance give or take a few and the round went through just behind the rib cage on Coyote's left side. Not much of a right side with exposed ribs. Vicious pink mist hit.
    I can not imagine taking a round like that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Several years ago, I was helping a friend clean out his parents' house after his father died. Another guy who came to help brought his 6 or 8 year old daughter and parked her in the living room with a book.

One of the relatives was alone in the master bedroom and found a rifle in the closet. The only thing he knew about guns was where the trigger was so he pulled it. The round went through the two layers of drywall around the closet, across the living room and through the drywall on the exterior wall, and was stopped by the brick veneer.

From looking at the holes in the walls, we estimated that the round missed the little girl's head by about one foot. I still get cold chills when I remember that.

Did you jack slap the idiot. He should have left it alone and gotten help. Jack slapping would seem minor for such an idiotic act.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't thinks he's lucky at all. He's not out of the woods yet. Ankle wounds are notorious for going south quickly, especially when bones are impacted like that. They've got to make sure he doesn't get major infection. You tell that boy to take every last one of the anti-biotics he gets exactly as prescribed. Once infection gets set up in that area, it can be bad, bad, bad.
    If he makes it, he's going to probably have trouble with that ankle the rest of his life, especially when he's an old man like me ....
    Not lucky at all, I'm afraid.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I don't thinks he's lucky at all. He's not out of the woods yet. Ankle wounds are notorious for going south quickly, especially when bones are impacted like that. They've got to make sure he doesn't get major infection. You tell that boy to take every last one of the anti-biotics he gets exactly as prescribed. Once infection gets set up in that area, it can be bad, bad, bad.
    If he makes it, he's going to probably have trouble with that ankle the rest of his life, especially when he's an old man like me ....
    Not lucky at all, I'm afraid.

Its been over a month now and he is healing well. cant walk on it yet but is getting there. He definitely got lucky, I would much rather get shot in the foot/ankle than the chest or head. I agree that he probably will have trouble with it the rest of his life, that is why I pushed so hard for him to get a lawyer.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    They have never shot anything with one. It will change how you look at the little round that could.

Depends on a lot of factors for the 556. Bullet weight, type of round, way too much to go into. Just like the 9mm, there are good rounds for it, but you have to be a little more picky (and I am a fan of both the 9mm and the 556)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I hope your friend recovers quickly and everything goes well. This why I always tell people "it's always loaded, even if it's unloaded it is still loaded."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depends on a lot of factors for the 556. Bullet weight, type of round, way too much to go into. Just like the 9mm, there are good rounds for it, but you have to be a little more picky (and I am a fan of both the 9mm and the 556)

This holds true for all ammo.
    I still do not want to be shot by anything including a pellet gun. Safety, safety, safety....always

Top Bottom