• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I am also one of the lucky ones, my GF has been around guns all her life her dad was in the army and taught her how to shoot at a young age. She goes with me all the time, weither to the range or just to pick-up ammo. The other day we went to a local gun shop and she was trying to get me to buy an armalite AR50bmg they had used there for sale( she said " that would be fun to shoot stuff up with" lol) Biggest problem I have is being able to shoot what I got, she has to be the first one to shoot a new gun we get,lol. Best adive I seen would be to try and get her in contact with some of the lady shooters in the area. Probably be little easier to convince her guns are ok if she heres it from another woman rather than a guy.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Part of it is her upbringing (or history), part of it is her education, and part of it is her trust of you being around her with a gun.

Her comfort level...

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    You should do all of the above.... I started my wife off by taking her to watch me shoot. On the way home she was like ""that was cool"" ""I guess I wouldn't mind trying it"" And that was the start of a nice thing. shes even encuraged me to buy new guns and loves my AK!:patriot:

all of the above. take your time with her. its well worth it when you hear her say, hey "lets go to the gun show, i wanna check out some guns" :D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    My wife and I have been together for 19 years, and on occasion she has joined me at the range. She prefers to shoot .22's and light caliber handguns the most. I don't blame her, the older I get the less I like to be beat on by Mr. Recoil! I still cannot get her to get a CCW, but I guess that is her choice.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Get her to take an NRA BASIC pistol class, education is the best thing to show people that a gun is just a tool, and learning how to pick up a gun and clear it to make sure it is unloaded and will do no harm is the best way! Hope this helps!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Get her to take an NRA BASIC pistol class, education is the best thing to show people that a gun is just a tool, and learning how to pick up a gun and clear it to make sure it is unloaded and will do no harm is the best way! Hope this helps!
    Tried that route too, but no dice. Short of defending her kids, I don't think she would use a gun to take some moron out. Thanks for the input though.

JStark6213

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    Never want to force it on them... My ex-girlfriend hated the fact that I owned and shot guns. Every time I would go to the range I would ask if she wanted to come along. Finally I got her to come with, she said she would just sit and watch me shoot. Well I knew once she got into the range and experienced the atmosphere should would want to take a crack at, and on that hunch I made sure to bring an extra pair of earplugs and safety glasses with me, and now she is obsessed with shooting. So I guess what I am trying to say is, try a little reverse psychology on her and see if that will work!

Top Bottom