• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I once took a round of Federal Champion .45 ACP, (the kind with the small primer pockets), and soaked it in a jar of WD-40 for a couple of weeks. I wiped it down and stuck it in the magazine with all the rest. It went bang in my Springfield Trophy Match just like all the rest. The myth of oil and water deactivating ammunition is greatly exaggerated. I'm not saying it can't happen. It's just not the given everyone claims it is.

The way Profire explained it to us in the reloading class is the the primary high explosive used as primer (modern formulas) is non-water soluble and should not be affected by water or humidity. Primer explosive is deactivated (decomposed) by oils though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    At least you guys only wash a round here and there. The last time I washed ammo was a spare mag for my back-up gun when I was washing some pants. The magazine was nice and clean, but I tossed the ammo just to be safe.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    My wife yelled at my since I married her. Well, due to my hearing loss, I do required to put a pair of hearing aids on when I go to work. But not so much at home. I don't need to hear her complaining about her work problems. But she would yelled louder for a few seconds until her throat hurt.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Many years ago I had a whole magazine of .25acp go through the washing machine. Worst part about that incident was it was still in the gun. That will teach people to do my laundry!

Top Bottom