• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    that was awesome. he was like oh you shot me. you shot me again, and again and again. Stop shooting or im about to break dance. you made me do this

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Worthy of a cleaner kill! Hey, things happen, I understand. But, that could have ended much sooner with the right gun and shot placement.

I agree! This was a very poor hunt on many levels and i find it upsetting!

Where's the rifle for the follow up shots? Judging by his pistol work, i'd guess his rifle shot hit the back leg!

Not only that, he should have never left that animal squirming around! He should have kept shooting until it stopped twitching! I'm also willing to be he was not using proper ammo in the pistol.

He should respect the animal enough to kill it dead as quickly as possible!

Something about this video makes me think he intentionally wounded the pig just to film the pistol shots.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I'm all for makin bacon but that was brutal!!
    Definitely poor shot placement it didn't even look like he knew where to shoot to put an end to it.
    I have watched several you tube videos of guys hunting them with handguns and for the most part were clean kills but maybe that was just super pig!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    With the amount of red coming out it looks like he got at least one lung.
    Might have had good placement but poor depth- due to cartridge/bullet choice.

Even in deer hunting, some animals just plop down dead, others go a ways, even with comparable shot placement.

IMHO a lot depends on the critter's attitude.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Even with bigger stuff, and proper shot placement and bullet performance......sometimes they just don't give up the ghost as fast as you'd like.

Pops clipped both shoulder-blades on a decent boar, it made 3 steps and went down, but not out. It was on its way to porky heaven.......but not as fast as my dad liked, so he hit it again in the head, and again. That stopped the squealing.

Squeamish dude, he would lament over the sounds when he was cooking chops. Too funny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Even if everything ... shot placement, bullet performance, etc. were all perfect, there are no guarantees whether your assailant has four legs or two. Sometimes critters just won't stop even though they should be dead.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Whoever the A-hole was that made that video just gave all hunters and gun owners a bad name. That was cleared staged on a wounded animal just so he could play his little games with his video recorder and conduct his 45acp hog experiment. If he'd have kept both hands free and made well placed shots this would have been over quicker for the animal. Instead nows there's one more video on the internet of a gun owner out "hunting" and showing off his new pistol while an animal is laying there bleeding to death and getting misplaced mag dumps put in it. Whoever made this video is a complete A-hole.

I'd love to go hog hunting some day, but I'd be ashamed of myself if I let an animal suffer just so I could get it on tape. I'm not against video taping hunts, but I am against irresponsible people who don't show the animal enough respect to give it a proper and clean kill.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even with bigger stuff, and proper shot placement and bullet performance......sometimes they just don't give up the ghost as fast as you'd like.

Very true. I've had to put down numerous animals that didn't want to go easy or b/c of a poor hit and it is never pretty. As a hunter you have a duty to put them down as quickly and painlessly as possible. I don't think that is what this video is showing however. I also think they had a hog that had both back legs broken down and suffering. Instead of using the rifle and putting one in it's earhole to finish it quickly they decided it would be an opportunity to film a charge (again knowing it's back legs weren't working.) I feel they deliberately prolonged the animals death to get a "cool" video. Poor form :noway:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Very true. I've had to put down numerous animals that didn't want to go easy or b/c of a poor hit and it is never pretty. As a hunter you have a duty to put them down as quickly and painlessly as possible. I don't think that is what this video is showing however. I also think they had a hog that had both back legs broken down and suffering. Instead of using the rifle and putting one in it's earhole to finish it quickly they decided it would be an opportunity to film a charge (again knowing it's back legs weren't working.) I feel they deliberately prolonged the animals death to get a "cool" video. Poor form :noway:

Well said.

I wouldn't regard the guy who made this video as anything other than a piece of trash. I'd love to have an opportunity to just chew the filmaker out in public and shame him the way he should be. This wasn't hunting. You don't do mag dumps while holding a video camera when you're trying to kill something you intend to eat. This A-hole is trying to be cool with his new 1911 45acp.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Whoever the A-hole was that made that video just gave all hunters and gun owners a bad name. That was cleared staged on a wounded animal just so he could play his little games with his video recorder and conduct his 45acp hog experiment. If he'd have kept both hands free and made well placed shots this would have been over quicker for the animal. Instead nows there's one more video on the internet of a gun owner out "hunting" and showing off his new pistol while an animal is laying there bleeding to death and getting misplaced mag dumps put in it. Whoever made this video is a complete A-hole.

I'd love to go hog hunting some day, but I'd be ashamed of myself if I let an animal suffer just so I could get it on tape. I'm not against video taping hunts, but I am against irresponsible people who don't show the animal enough respect to give it a proper and clean kill.

QFT big +1

Top Bottom