• Will you go Back?

• Total voters

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My son was laid off at the beginning of this. He works in the tourism industry and the 2 attractions his company runs obviously had to shut down, eliminating their primary revenue stream. I think it's been over 3 weeks since he applied for unemployment, but so far, nothing. He has been told that he will likely be approved, but they needed information from another state. He originally wanted to get another job, but the mass layoffs made this a rather unfriendly time to find a job.

He is bored out of his skull and would love to get back to work ASAP. He knows very well that, if approved, he will make more money under these unemployment circumstances, but he doesn't care. He would prefer to work. He misses it.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have this ongoing list of projects. I work on that list every day when not doing other things for revenue streams. The list never seems to shrink.

And it is with the Kids:

Dad, since you are retired (And probably bored to death?), I thought that you would WANT to fix: my car, boat, sink faucet, drain, lamp socket......The list goes on FOR EVER!!

And then there is: Since you have a truck, I thought you would WANT: to move something??(Anything) for me?? That list goes on FOR EVER too??...HA.HA.HA...Bill.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And it is with the Kids:

Dad, since you are retired (And probably bored to death?), I thought that you would WANT to fix: my car, boat, sink faucet, drain, lamp socket......The list goes on FOR EVER!!

And then there is: Since you have a truck, I thought you would WANT: to move something??(Anything) for me?? That list goes on FOR EVER too??...HA.HA.HA...Bill.
    I'm going to need to replace my truck at some point. I've already decided that I think I'll rent a storage place to keep it in, and not tell anyone I have it. If people know you have a truck, you inevitably get the "Can you help me move _______" call. No. Screw that. I might let you borrow the truck, or I might drive the truck, but I'm 60 years old. I ain't moving :poop:! :):

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Still working (from home) but I can't wait to go back to the office and relax! The "honey do" book has grown to its 3rd volume. To top it off I am on reduced hours and have to use a vacation day every week! Please, please, please, let me go back to work!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There needs to be a rule (state law, you can look it up) that when it comes to moving someone, you must be young.:):
    Right?? :): Even when I was in my 40's I remember "helping" some 20-30 somethings move and it sure seemed like I was the only one trying to get it done ASAP. The young'ns would take a load up (2nd or 3rd floor apartment) and then take a half hour break. I just wanted to get it done and over with!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right?? :): Even when I was in my 40's I remember "helping" some 20-30 somethings move and it sure seemed like I was the only one trying to get it done ASAP. The young'ns would take a load up (2nd or 3rd floor apartment) and then take a half hour break. I just wanted to get it done and over with!

Had near the same experience. 1st break I got everyone moving again and did the 2nd load. 2 trucks 4 people. Got the 2nd load up the stairs and those 3 started drinking beer. Possibly 3 more loads to go. When the 2nd tabs were pulled the mouse rolled out and went home. Left them with 1 truck. I got a call when they finally missed me and did not answer the phone. I guess they got it as that is the last I heard until the next day.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I work in a dental office. It sounds like we MAY reopen on Monday if the governor says we can. Meeting tomorrow to go over new protocols/scheduling changes, etc. We've always been good at sanitizing in the treatment areas, and will be doing additional safety measures in the lobby and having patients wait in their vehicles until we are ready for them to go to the treatment rooms like we were for the last couple of days before we closed. We have not missed any pay but I will be glad to go back. We have a LOT of appointments that were canceled and trying to fit those missed appointments into our schedule is going to be challenging.

Top Bottom