Wilson Combat CQB, where to buy / advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    easier to see, faster sight acquisition. The Wilson night sights are not particularly high visability. I have no intention of changing out my sights but after shooting guns with a bright front and plain black rear I can say I prefer them.

That makes sense.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Both of these came from Indiana Gun Club (Though only 1 is a Wilson). It's worth a trip there just to see all the 1911s. And I traded for both of these guns, and they were very fair IMHO. YMMV

attachment.php

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How does that gold-bead set up do in low-light?

Never tried one in low light. But I have plain white three dot sights on my other 1911. I blacked out the rears with a sharpie, leaving the white front. No problem seeing the sights. My dad replaced the tritium front sight on his revolver with a gold bead and it is even better. The trick is to shine the light across the sights. The gold really picks up the light. I do prefer night sights if using a weapon mounted light.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure I can change it, but if I can, what rear sight best with the Gold Bead front?

if you ordered it from Wilson I am sure it can be changed. Plain rear battlesite. Like I said you are welcome to shoot mine and see how you like the tritiums.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    iLike I said you are welcome to shoot mine and see how you like the tritiums.

Belated Thank You for the offer, my wonderful 6 day work weeks, & church on Sunday's kills my free time, wife takes rest. I do, luckily, drive right by Indoor Range daily, allowing me to feed my addiction.

Did not order directly, ordered from Gunslingers (recommended by another INGOer & then Wilson Combat referred me to same company today). Will send them email. If can't change, not big deal, I'll be dancing in fields of bacon either way!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I googled gunslingers. They have a CQB, omitted markings on slide, roundbutt Magwell, gold bead sight, medium trigger. Wow!!!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Wilson Combat CQB with Night Sights & Bulletprood Round Butt Magwell on order, now the wait, & "mad savings mode" begins.

I've wanted one for years, the 1911 talk in Bjenkins thread pushed me over the edge, not sure if I thank him or send him a bag of flaming poo.
    Not the Poo!:poop: Just send me one of those nice H&Ks you have down here to Jeffersonville.psyko

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    And cheaper than going direct. George was really helpful, & seemed like a stand up man. Very pleasant & easy order.

Is that the gun you are getting? I assumed you ordered a gun, but that website made me think that they had them in stock.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Is that the gun you are getting? I assumed you ordered a gun, but that website made me think that they had them in stock.

Sadly it was sold before I found out about them (Gunslingers). They've got several on order, the one they're working on for me has been on order since Aug. '14, so maybe not a horrible wait.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sadly it was sold before I found out about them (Gunslingers). They've got several on order, the one they're working on for me has been on order since Aug. '14, so maybe not a horrible wait.

That is how Bite the Bullet does it here locally. They keep guns on order but will put your name on one. Pretty sure you can change options up until the gun is built. I did not order mine but bought it the same day it arrived. In fact they were taking it out of the shipping box and asked if I wanted to see it. Either I did not pay full price or got a very good trade value for the guns I traded in. This was during the big panic when shops could not get guns. Market for Glocks and Sigs is soft right now. I will buy those now and wait until my next opportunity.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Never say never, but I would venture this will be my only "super expensive to me" handgun. Been looking at Useltons, Wilson Combat, Les Bauer, Nighthawk, etc. for a couple years, & always end up back at "Wilson Combat CQB". Not quality based, review based, etc. the CQB just seems to call me.

Put some cash aside for this purchase after both parents died in 2012, didn't inherit a bunch, but enough to set some aside. I'd give it all back & then some to have them back, but I digress.

Still going to go into "more save mode" & tap into that reserve as little as possible.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    PS: Just sent email for change to sights, after doing more research about (Gold Bead vs Fiber Optic vs Tritium), seems Gold Bead is best for mature (translated by me into Old) eyes. Still good either way, pretty excited, feels like Christmas of old!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Change complete/approved for sights to "Ole Man Gold Bead". Thank You Vert for suggestion, happy I researched more about sights, thought I just had to have tritiums.

I'll update with range review in X-months, years, future!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Kind of late to the party and from the sounds of it... the pistol has already been ordered? The CQB is a fine pistol (I own/have have owned over 6 of them). Wilson is also a very nice pistol in terms of semi-custom 1911's. As mentioned in previous posts George at Gunslingers can help you out and he ca kit anything you want (I bet 6 months wait or so). You can always give the guys at Tractus a call... he may even have the pistol you want in stock? Far cheaper than a retail outlet or getting direct from Wilson (with less wait time). Both those guys are awesome!

If you are ever near the NWI area, I am glad to bring a few Wilsons out for you to have a look at/Shoot!

Top Bottom