• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I picked up a pound of winchester WST super target powder today. The problem is I cannot find any load data on this particular powder. The guy I bought it from said it was very similar to winchester 231 and to use that load data for that. The 231 is listed in my data book. I'm wanting to load .357 with a jacketed 125 grain hollow point. I have looked on the winchester web site and they don't list it too but the 231 is listed. My question is do I use the 231 load data? Is this a replacement for the winchester super target? I'm just wanting to load for some plinking not really for hunting. Im planning on shooting them in a lever action rifle and handgun too. Also I am new at this reloading deal and don't want to get off on a bad start. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Go to Winchester web site, they will have the most to up to date data. My Lyman book does not list W231 for 357 mag 125gr JHP, just 110gr JHP. It does list W231 and WST for 45acp and they're not that similar. Looks like WST is faster with a smaller min to max difference.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I'm not seeing the WST listed anywhere. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place on that link. Il do some more looking tomorrow its been a long day but from what I can see the WST isn't a good choice for .357 jacketed 125 gn hollow point but the universal looks possible. Thanks for the advise I'm open to all suggestions.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    I'm not seeing the WST listed anywhere. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place on that link. Il do some more looking tomorrow its been a long day but from what I can see the WST isn't a good choice for .357 jacketed 125 gn hollow point but the universal looks possible. Thanks for the advise I'm open to all suggestions.

Click on the reloading center link in the middle of the page. There is the info for all the powders Hodgdon makes (Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester). If the powder is not listed, then it's not a good choice for the caliber you are loading. I believe these people really know their products.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Yea I did some more looking on their web site and decided its not a good idea for .357 for my application. Il just get what I need to do the job and use it for something else. Thanks for the comments

Top Bottom