With Current World Events, How Worried Are You?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Locally, not much. I do have a vague concern with the Islamic center here in Plainfield. Not so much that they would be churning out terrorists, but might end up being a target of the radicals for not being radical enough.

I do think we will see sleeper cells awaken. ESPECIALLY if this amps up into a hot war with Iran. But I dont think Indy would be a very big target overall.

But i'm still staying alert and keeping my powder dry.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    All the prophetic documents I believe in says the last days will be pretty much uncivilized and horrific.

As we have seen all of our lives, the criminal element with nothing to lose has no fear of the law or the legal system. People that fear GOD or those that have stuff to lose, are law abiding without the law or legal system.

We, and most of the Western World has been indoctrinating the amoral scoffers for decades, while the communists continue their goals for wiping out freedom. Then you have a group that just wants to be in contention will all their brothers, always has, always will.

Yes, I see a bad moon rising, I see trouble on the way. I see earth quakes and lightning, I see bad times today.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Locally, not much. I do have a vague concern with the Islamic center here in Plainfield. Not so much that they would be churning out terrorists, but might end up being a target of the radicals for not being radical enough.

I do think we will see sleeper cells awaken. ESPECIALLY if this amps up into a hot war with Iran. But I dont think Indy would be a very big target overall.

But i'm still staying alert and keeping my powder dry.
    Sleeper cells are pretty hard to see. they are good at it. In the early 2000's Logansport memorial hospital had a islamic Doctor that was running a sleeper cell from the hospital, using the hospitals IT and other resources. The Feds, locked the place down, all staff had to stay and no new staff was allowed to come in and relieve the others. They took control of all functions and they investigated the whole place. As far as I could tell, it never made the news, by design. All staff that was there knows it happened, even though they were commanded not to talk about it.

I cannot believe that was an isolated case and believe similar things are going on today, all over the nation, much of it funded by our tax dollars through dirty politicians getting kickbacks.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Worried...not really!
    Concerned...Yes!
    Alert / Aware...definitely more so!
    More 'defensive' (careful) in my approach to different things...Yup!
    There are definitely some things going on in this world that are of increased concern,
    not that there's much that one can do against much of it except to plan for survival!
    Dad's farm...definitely a place to fall back or retreat to, if necessary!
    Most important thing to keep in mind...
    Do my part, but God's got this?

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Be aware of your geography and demographics. Author Matt Bracken wrote an essay about how the threat level can change depending on what neighborhood you're in and what demographics compose your surrounding area. This can be achieved by doing an Area Study of your region.

An example. You live in a neighborhood that fly Palestinian flags and throw parties on September 11th? Yeah, I would be peering though the blinds and drinking Yuengling in my level IV plate carrier. You live in a neighborhood that has a bunch of Gadsden Snake and Come And Take It flags and has happy and peaceful BBQ's every weekend during the summer? I wouldn't be heading for the bunker yet.

In reality, it's much more nuanced than my comedic examples. Downtown the Wednesday after Oct. 7th, we had people marching down the streets with Palestinian flags shouting "kill the joos". ANTIFA has attempted to block traffic on several occasions in the past three years. We have an inner city population that is becoming increasingly violent. However, I live in the county, where people stalk deer within five yards and march around at night with thermal and NVG's for fun. It's not unusual to hear automatic fire or a large explosion in the woods. I know several people who if you get within 100 yards of their house in some sort of TEOTWAWKI scenario, you'll have an IR laser dot on your chest. Keep in mind the distance between these two places is around 5 miles.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Be aware of your geography and demographics. Author Matt Bracken wrote an essay about how the threat level can change depending on what neighborhood you're in and what demographics compose your surrounding area. This can be achieved by doing an Area Study of your region.

An example. You live in a neighborhood that fly Palestinian flags and throw parties on September 11th? Yeah, I would be peering though the blinds and drinking Yuengling in my level IV plate carrier. You live in a neighborhood that has a bunch of Gadsden Snake and Come And Take It flags and has happy and peaceful BBQ's every weekend during the summer? I wouldn't be heading for the bunker yet.

In reality, it's much more nuanced than my comedic examples. Downtown the Wednesday after Oct. 7th, we had people marching down the streets with Palestinian flags shouting "kill the joos". ANTIFA has attempted to block traffic on several occasions in the past three years. We have an inner city population that is becoming increasingly violent. However, I live in the county, where people stalk deer within five yards and march around at night with thermal and NVG's for fun. It's not unusual to hear automatic fire or a large explosion in the woods. I know several people who if you get within 100 yards of their house in some sort of TEOTWAWKI scenario, you'll have an IR laser dot on your chest. Keep in mind the distance between these two places is around 5 miles.

Just think... If Jesus had the right skills and equipment, he'd still be with us today...

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

On the county road I live on has Whites, Mexican, and Amish people. Oh yeah and a drug infested meth head former stripper that's been off the pole for about 30 years. lol A lot of hunters and 2nd A supporters in the county. Houses are somewhat spaced apart. About all the Arab people in this county owns most of the gas stations. I for the most part feel safe but always on the lookout for meth heads and the Michigan pot heads. There are quite a bit of woods and corn fields around also. Strategically I feel like I would have time to rock n roll if stuff got real serious.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My concerns at present:
    OPSEC
    Expanding the MSG
    Reloading more
    Reading "A Failure of Civility"
    Thinking of dipping bullets in bacon fat to give any jihadis a surprise - plus I get to eat the bacon!

Everything else pretty much done, but always more practice needed. Praying frequently. We don't know how many evil plots have been foiled due to divine intervention and we were unaware.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My concerns at present:
    OPSEC
    Expanding the MSG
    Reloading more
    Reading "A Failure of Civility"
    Thinking of dipping bullets in bacon fat to give any jihadis a surprise - plus I get to eat the bacon!

Everything else pretty much done, but always more practice needed. Praying frequently. We don't know how many evil plots have been foiled due to divine intervention and we were unaware.
    Oooh. Good idea. switching from lanolin to bacon grease for case lube on the reloading bench.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Avoid gun free zones.
    Terrorists, like most cowards, prefer unarmed victims.
    The "courageous" fighters of Hamas are most effective against infants, children, women, and unarmed civilians.

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I started open carrying to church, the last place basically where I wasn’t OC, due to not having a NM conceal carry license and no plans to get one. Been 6 weeks now and not one mention of it from anyone. I have seen two others OC in the past, but not regularly.

Started really as a protest of our .govs ban on all carry in Bernalillo County, tho our church is in Santa Fe county. Then just continued due to the crazy. I personally think a Christian church is one of the more unsafe places to be these days. I was concealing under a vest, sport coat, or Hawaiian shirt, but not thrilled about the illegality of it, altho only a misdemeanor here.

I have an issue paying a fee to the .gov to exercise a Right, and here it’s a 16 hour class and about $400.00 for everything. Imagine if you had to take a test and pay a fee to attend the church of your choice, vote, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, or stand on a street corner and discuss politics?

I’ve been mostly OC since 2008.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I started open carrying to church, the last place basically where I wasn’t OC, due to not having a NM conceal carry license and no plans to get one. Been 6 weeks now and not one mention of it from anyone. I have seen two others OC in the past, but not regularly.

Started really as a protest of our .govs ban on all carry in Bernalillo County, tho our church is in Santa Fe county. Then just continued due to the crazy. I personally think a Christian church is one of the more unsafe places to be these days. I was concealing under a vest, sport coat, or Hawaiian shirt, but not thrilled about the illegality of it, altho only a misdemeanor here.

I have an issue paying a fee to the .gov to exercise a Right, and here it’s a 16 hour class and about $400.00 for everything. Imagine if you had to take a test and pay a fee to attend the church of your choice, vote, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, or stand on a street corner and discuss politics?

I’ve been mostly OC since 2008.
    When I got my permit in TN. I had to take a 6 hr class and qualify with a handgun before I could get the permit. There was a Sheriff there to do the qualifying. I ended up spending around $400 to get the first one, then it was almost $200 to renew it. Other than the overpriced bill to exercise a right. I have mixed feelings about the experience. The class mostly covered laws and etiquette. I did not feel like I wasted my time with that. And the qualifying. Well let's say I saw people that had never touched a gun before that almost didn't pass standing next to me firing their guns for the first time.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    When I got my permit in TN. I had to take a 6 hr class and qualify with a handgun before I could get the permit. There was a Sheriff there to do the qualifying. I ended up spending around $400 to get the first one, then it was almost $200 to renew it. Other than the overpriced bill to exercise a right. I have mixed feelings about the experience. The class mostly covered laws and etiquette. I did not feel like I wasted my time with that. And the qualifying. Well let's say I saw people that had never touched a gun before that almost didn't pass standing next to me firing their guns for the first time.
    I’m all for training, as much as you want and can afford. Just not at the tip of a Roman spear…

NM CCL has to be renewed at two years, can be done online. Then at 4 years you have to start all over again like you’ve never held a gun in your life. I’m pretty sure I could spend my $400 on something a little more helpful than a NRA Basic Pistol class?

We do have unlicensed Open Carry and your vehicle is like your home so I can carry concealed in my vehicle, or it is not considered to be concealed if it’s in my vehicle, as it is in Wisconsin anyway. I did have my WI CCL, mostly due to this one point. Otherwise, would have had to disarm and put in the trunk or locked container every time I got in a vehicle.

New Mexico is not the Wild Wild West, but instead the Wild Wild Repressed. I refuse to participate. Our class is 16 hours, 8 on a Saturday and 8 on a Sunday. I’m. Sure it’s chock full of useful information. Apparently the overpriced bill to exercise a Right sticks in my craw a little more than it does yours. That’s ok. I just said what I’ve done.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    There are quite a number of people who carry at the church I go to. That’s over and above the officers who attend in full uniform before their shifts. And over and above the several officers who are tasked with protecting the children in Sunday school.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Meh.

I switched to the Glock platform some years ago, abandoning the 1911. Terror threats were more apparent then, with Islamic terrorists taking action. The emphasis then was precision under pressure with your high capacity firearm.

While the apparent terrorists may have changed, the threat really hasn't.

Islamic terrorism could happen again. Doesn't really matter though. Nor does it matter if the threat is a Nashville or Maine nut job or even groups of them. The mentally challenged that wish to take out inocents during their suicide is something to prepare for. Be it terrorism that is self-centered or for some silly-assed "cause."

The most of the preparation is the training to effectively use the tools you can carry daily. So while smart picking of the best tools for the job at hand is paramount, also is the training of how and when to use them. Use them with the precision necessary to not be more of a threat yourself than a savior to you and yours, along with others.

Another factor that is a consideration is how one carries effective tools so descretely, as to not be caught. You can't use it, if you don't have it, or if it's not adequate for the job at hand.

Snub noses and really small pistols are great for unarmed or under armed threats, but not what you'd want to effectively stop a threat with a long gun or even a modern high capacity service pistol. Let alone multiple threats.

:twocents:
    You beat me here so I won't resay what you already said. I will say though it is to the point when talking about training and earnest practice we are just pi**ing into the wind talking to most gun carriers. C'mon man its all about S.A. , especially since that is not measurable. As if you don't have to diligently practice that and can just turn it on when needed.

Don't get me wrong, little old ladies can and do defend themselves often with firearms with little to no training, but they sure won't be performing the Walter Mitty heroics that we as a gun carrying "community" so often pontificate about.

Top Bottom