With Current World Events, How Worried Are You?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    There are quite a number of people who carry at the church I go to. That’s over and above the officers who attend in full uniform before their shifts. And over and above the several officers who are tasked with protecting the children in Sunday school.
    I asked when I first started attending here a year ago if they had an armed security team? Was told we have “a security team” so…..I still don’t know. I’m actually pretty surprised neither anyone from the church officials nor people sitting around me have mentioned anything. It’s a Sig 226 so not exactly a tiny, easy to miss firearm. Three services so always new people tho pretty much the same people around us each week.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I asked when I first started attending here a year ago if they had an armed security team? Was told we have “a security team” so…..I still don’t know. I’m actually pretty surprised neither anyone from the church officials nor people sitting around me have mentioned anything. It’s a Sig 226 so not exactly a tiny, easy to miss firearm. Three services so always new people tho pretty much the same people around us each week.
    Id ask for more details if you have been there long enough. Sometimes when somebody claims they have something covered without revealing the details, they really dont.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Nice avatar

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There are quite a number of people who carry at the church I go to. That’s over and above the officers who attend in full uniform before their shifts. And over and above the several officers who are tasked with protecting the children in Sunday school.
    Our church has signs on all entrances saying that it’s ok to carry in church; and people do.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I asked when I first started attending here a year ago if they had an armed security team? Was told we have “a security team” so…..I still don’t know. I’m actually pretty surprised neither anyone from the church officials nor people sitting around me have mentioned anything. It’s an Sig 226 so not exactly a tiny, easy to miss firearm. Three services so always new people tho pretty much the same people around us each week.
    It’s a requirement to carry if you want on our church security team. We also do background checks first.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I am just worried about everything. Mostly about the white trash heroin/methheads but also worry about all the social justice retards that ya never know when or where they'll spring up. And of course all the illegals the our country seems to import

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Now that the Jihadis are all stirred up again, there will definitely be some attacks here. I am not too worried about it happening here in the Goshen metro area.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Now that the Jihadis are all stirred up again, there will definitely be some attacks here. I am not too worried about it happening here in the Goshen metro area.
    The only time I go to the Goshen area is to go to 3rd Horse Craft Beverage to get homebrewing supplies. Has Goshen gotten that bad?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The only time I go to the Goshen area is to go to 3rd Horse Craft Beverage to get homebrewing supplies. Has Goshen gotten that bad?
    No, that is why I said I wasn't really too worried about anything here. We have a lot more crime now than we did 20 years ago but that is related to other demographics, not jihadis.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Their response: We do now!
    That’s kinda my thought, I’m here and armed, I’m on the security team….

To advance that thought I’d like to know who else is actually on the team, and that they are all aware of me. (Probably are) Once/if the shooting starts don’t want to get shot by or shoot a good guy. Until I’m a little more involved I’m probably just reacting to something in my immediate area and not across the way until I see no one else is responding. Delaying response probably not a great thing either, but……

My main position is that I’m not generally defending people that refuse to defend themselves, other than my family and immediate party. Church is kinda an in between area. With 3 services and probably 500 plus people I doubt I could ever get to know every regular attender. And do I, and at what point, get involved in something you didn’t see the start of. Erring on the side of caution…..

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    While I am sure that we will see repercussions from the war in Israel in the form of price hikes on everything (that will be the excuse of the moment), I am far more concerned about civil unrest and localized violence here. Crime is on the rise and violence seems to be more commonplace than before. Thugs have little if any respect for the consequences of their actions and have become wolves preying on a population of sheep. I have seen evil in action and it is not pretty.

As for me, I CC anytime I leave the house. Going to the store, getting gas, even walking the dog. You do not get a text or email saying that "you are scheduled to be beaten and robbed at 2:45 PM today so be please be prepared. Have a nice day". One never knows when or where the wolf might strike, so it is best to ALWAYS be ready for the unexpected.

Top Bottom