• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So my son and I are finally going to do his AR 10 build. So I am 100% visual learner. Often if I can see someone doing something that goes a long way for me. So I was wondering if there were a any YouTube channels that might be of value. I am sure there are a bunch of them out there some better than others?

Anyone have a go to guy?

thanks

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Sootch00 on YouTube.
    I haven't watched anything of this kind of content there in quite some time and I've heard rumors that firearm assembly vids are verboten there now..................that's all I got.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You should build an AR 15, it's 5 better........
    Seriously, the AR-10 is an AR-15 on steroids.
    If you can find a good video on the AR-15, there's no reason it wouldn't translate to the AR-10.
    I assembled my first AR-15 lower in about 45 minutes sitting in my living room.
    I referred to a tutorial (I'm better with written text than a video that may get ahead of me) that I found on AR-15.com.
    It was a piece of cake and reminded me of my childhood playing with an Erector-Set.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seriously, the AR-10 is an AR-15 on steroids.
    If you can find a good video on the AR-15, there's no reason it wouldn't translate to the AR-10.
    I assembled my first AR-15 lower in about 45 minutes sitting in my living room.
    I referred to a tutorial (I'm better with written text than a video that may get ahead of me) that I found on AR-15.com.
    It was a piece of cake and reminded me of my childhood playing with an Erector-Set.
    Bring back the erector set.
    I got a starter kit for Christmas and saved up and bought the master. Between the 2 kits and what I got from friends who lost interest in theirs we could build anything.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    How important or is to stick to a single vendor for the components?
    With a .308? Probably pretty important, this is based on research that says there’s no real standards when it comes to components for the AR-10 like there are with the -15 I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell you I’m wrong :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With a .308? Probably pretty important, this is based on research that says there’s no real standards when it comes to components for the AR-10 like there are with the -15 I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell you I’m wrong :lmfao:
    No, you're right. There is the Armalite pattern and the DPMS pattern and the two are not compatible. The DPMS is more common I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How important or is to stick to a single vendor for the components?
    Good question.
    They mostly claim to be spec parts and will probably work just fine but to much budget/cheap shopping stacks up tolerances and you may end up with a rattle trap.
    Brownells offers a wide price range in parts. I used to start with them on a lot of items. Midwest sells a lot of the same bits.
    Just my personal experiences. Cheap means exactly that. Cheap.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Good question.
    They mostly claim to be spec parts and will probably work just fine but to much budget/cheap shopping stacks up tolerances and you may end up with a rattle trap.
    Brownells offers a wide price range in parts. I used to start with them on a lot of items. Midwest sells a lot of the same bits.
    Just my personal experiences. Cheap means exactly that. Cheap.
    ok I am hurt to the core…I most certainly am not cheap.

ok so maybe I am frugal and research things to the extreme. Still have not made that 1911 purchase. But this one is different it’s for my son. He ships out to October 1 so yeah I am taking every opportunity to spend as much time with him as I can.
    For the most part I have always had good luck with middle of the road stuff not the cheapest nor the most expensive.
    I am kind of partial to Brownells so I think we will try to get most items there If possible.

Top Bottom