• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I will agree with the majority of these posts. Don's Guns will sell you a hi-point pistol for 500 dollars, and then you can go to Bradis Gunshop and find the exact same gun for 150 dollars. I think what the lady did was wrong, but at least she didn't have to pay that ridiculous price>.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A while back I was in Southern Indiana and purchased a High Point 995 (9mm) with laser for $225. When we got back to the area, my wife and I wanted to shoot it and Don's was the only indoor range we knew of at the time.

We went in there and saw the exact same gun hanging on the wall--sans laser--for $399. (Keep in mind that this is the first time/last time we ever crossed the threshold of Don's Guns.) When I asked the guy why the price was so much higher than what I paid, it drew some attention--first time I had actually saw sheeple in a gun shop I guess.

Anyway, let's say his response was less than courteous.

So..... What was his " less than courteous" response?

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    What are the real prices he has there, lets say for simple Glock?

I went in there one time when I first moved to indy to look at their prices on a glock 22 gen3 with standard sights. $825 was their price. But since it is so close I still will use them if i want to just hold a couple different guns because then I know I won't end up walking out with a new gun. :D

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    She was a Rahm Emanuel staffer hired to keep guns off the Chicago streets... She figured the best way to do it would be to deplete Don's inventory one at a time....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    She was a Rahm Emanuel staffer hired to keep guns off the Chicago streets... She figured the best way to do it would be to deplete Don's inventory one at a time....

From what i hear Don doesnt need any help... He seems to be doing his part in keeping guns off the streets

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Let me start by saying,

I don't like Don either. I think he's pretentious, obnoxious, and a bore. He is, however a businessman. I wouldn't buy from him, and neither would most anyone here.

That said, he's been in business for 40 YEARS!

P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute." Evidently he was right.

I don't agree with Don's methods, pricing or advertising. He leaves a bad image on both fronts.
    If he were breaking any laws, don't you think the powers that be wouldn't LOVE to shut him down?

I think the guy is an idiot, but until he breaks a law, I say he has every right as an American citizen to be that idiot if he so chooses.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Let me start by saying,

I don't like Don either. I think he's pretentious, obnoxious, and a bore. He is, however a businessman. I wouldn't buy from him, and neither would most anyone here.

That said, he's been in business for 40 YEARS!

P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute." Evidently he was right.

I don't agree with Don's methods, pricing or advertising. He leaves a bad image on both fronts.
    If he were breaking any laws, don't you think the powers that be wouldn't LOVE to shut him down?

I think the guy is an idiot, but until he breaks a law, I say he has every right as an American citizen to be that idiot if he so chooses.

He is not the idiot....its the people who buy a gun from him that are idiots!!! But, seriously, he is still an idiot too!

Top Bottom