Woman who called IMPD on husband wants answers in his fatal shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    "INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis woman who called police to stop her husband from attacking her now wants to know why the encounter ended in his death."

"Heather Hicks called 911 around 9 p.m. reporting that her husband Kevin Hicks was beating her."

"IMPD says the officer attempted to deploy his Taser on Hicks, but it was knocked from his hand."

"The fight then continued, with both Hicks and the officer falling to the ground. Witnesses reportedly told police it appeared Hicks may have attempted to grab the officer's gun."

:rolleyes:

Woman who called IMPD on husband wants answers in his fatal shooting - TheIndyChannel.com

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Knock an officer to the ground during a fight, don't be surprised if you end up with extra holes.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Knock an officer to the ground during a fight, don't be surprised if you end up with extra holes.

From the video: But why did he have to shoot him in the head? He could have shot him anywhere else?

I swear I am going to buy a cabin in the middle of WY and just disappear, why do I have to share this planet with these people....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the video: But why did he have to shoot him in the head? He could have shot him anywhere else?

I swear I am going to buy a cabin in the middle of WY and just disappear, why do I have to share this planet with these people....

Assuming you like turnip greens, boiled peanuts, and can root for the Auburn Tigers, my hometown (Enterprise, AL) would take you in. Lots of land, lots of guns, lots of retired vets.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    "INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis woman who called police to stop her husband from attacking her now wants to know why the encounter ended in his death."

"Heather Hicks called 911 around 9 p.m. reporting that her husband Kevin Hicks was beating her."

"IMPD says the officer attempted to deploy his Taser on Hicks, but it was knocked from his hand."

"The fight then continued, with both Hicks and the officer falling to the ground. Witnesses reportedly told police it appeared Hicks may have attempted to grab the officer's gun."

:rolleyes:

Woman who called IMPD on husband wants answers in his fatal shooting - TheIndyChannel.com

Things like this are one of the side effects of domestics. You never know the mindset of all those involved. The "victim" may suddenly decide they are not the victim and change their story. From what she said in the article it sounds like this isn't the first time something has happened with him. At least she is only being verbal about it after the fact. She very well could have decided she didn't like her husband being 'attacked' by the officer and joined in the fight against him. Nothing like being shot or stabbed in the back by someone you thought you were helping. This applies to police and non-police as well. The next time you see a guy yell at or grab his girl keep in mind that it may be normal procedure for the couple and you have no idea how she will react to a third party involving themselves.

By all means, don't let her get seriously hurt or worse, but keep in mind she is just as much an unknown factor as the other person.

Those who say this need to be handed a simunitions gun then pummeled without warning. Let's see how well they react.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Assuming you like turnip greens, boiled peanuts, and can root for the Auburn Tigers, my hometown (Enterprise, AL) would take you in. Lots of land, lots of guns, lots of retired vets.
    No offense, but it would probably be hard to deal with all the "beam me up Scotty" jokes to be had? Add to that, he would never be safe wearing a red shirt!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Her attitude/statements are different now than they were the day of....

I was just talking to a friend about this. How long did it take before a lawyer got her on the phone and explained:

A. If you say your husband beat your ass, then he beat a cops ass, bit him, etc etc then you have a dead husband.

B. If you say he did nothing wrong and the cop executed him for no reason, then you have a dead husband...and a million dollars!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I need more fingers and toes to count all the times I've been mother-****ed by a "victim." If she was going to ***** about the outcome of involving the police, she shouldn't have called.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If there is only one thing that my son has listened to while I was raising him, I hope that it was when I told him to NEVER even consider becoming a cop. This kind of **** right here is exactly why.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I was 2 years from retirement when this happened.

Besides flying I was now part of management. The woman was in the military and her husband was a civilian.

He was beating and trying to kill her weekly. Some examples; just as in the cartoons her entire body outline was in the drywall from a fight. At 2 am on a Sunday I go to the local police station. The police tell me he tried choking her to death. I walk over to her and she lifts her chin. OH HELL NO, you could see his thumb prints from where he chocked her. I hope she never saw my reaction. She happened to be black and I could very clearly see the black and blue marks on her throat.

I was in shock for a long time before anger set in. I used every resource available to help her. Doctors, counseling, women's groups, financial and twice I hid her in a hotel room under my name.

After the choking incident I banned him from the base and orally and on paper ordered her not to contact her.

The end of the story is this. She went to see him while she was on duty. She was gone for 3 or 4 hours. The entire time I am thinking I will find her dead in the trunk of the car. When she does show up I EXPLODED. I only raised my voice twice in the AF. This was bad. I let loose in front of 10 or more people. For 2 to 3 minutes I used every bad word. I used them as nouns, verbs, adverbs. The Squadron Commander walks in and calls my name. I didn't know it was him. In front of everyone I told him to F off. Yeah that went over big.

My time span with this woman was 8 months or so. I will never, ever understand the dynamics of domestic violence.

He hit me, he tried to kill me, he raped me but I love him.

For the police, I don't know how you guys walk into those situations. Love, hate, rage, fueled with alcohol or drugs and you answer the call.

God bless you.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let's see: domestic abuser walks away from work release program. Same domestic abuser is beating his wife while she's driving, continues after she stops. Domestic abuser/work release program AWOL assaults a police officer who responds to him beating his wife. Domestic abuser gets shot and killed while assaulting police officer. Spouse who was being beaten complains publicly about how officer shot abusive husband during the assault on the police officer (who was there because spouse was being beaten). Is that about right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need more fingers and toes to count all the times I've been mother-****ed by a "victim." If she was going to ***** about the outcome of involving the police, she shouldn't have called.

Watched this on the news last night.
    Spouse and I both had to regroup after listening to that idiot.

If someone is revved up enough to come after LEO then he is to be treated as such.
    The world is light 1 more idiot today.

My heart goes out to the LEO who will have to bear this burden of taking a life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's see: domestic abuser walks away from work release program. Same domestic abuser is beating his wife while she's driving, continues after she stops. Domestic abuser/work release program AWOL assaults a police officer who responds to him beating his wife. Domestic abuser gets shot and killed while assaulting police officer. Spouse who was being beaten complains publicly about how officer shot abusive husband during the assault on the police officer (who was there because spouse was being beaten). Is that about right?

Pretty much covers it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

it's the mindset of domestic abuse victims, I know you know that. I am sorry it's that way for you guys. YOU (collective you) don't deserve it.

As far as this scumbag goes, he got what he deserved and it will come out that way in the end.

Top Bottom