• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you CC where signs are posted if you feel in some degree of a danger.

• Total voters

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I will carry everywhere the law allows me to. A sign doesn't mean anything to me, but it means quite a bit to a criminal casing the place out for a potential robbery location.

I carry as much as I am able to.....as you can't always know where a threat will lie. Some lie in the most unexpected areas.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I technically could truefully saw that I didnt see the sign as most likely I saw it but couldnt make anything out on it unless i focused directly on it(being partly blind this is the truth). That and as stated the only gun free zone I wouldnt carry is possibly my workplace or school which if caught could be worse than just getting asked to leave. Which is the only reason I dont have my carry premit yet as I have to send 90% of my time in those zones and dont want to get kicked out of school(they do room searches) or loose my job(i am constantly moving, laying down or bending over to reach a computer or cable).
    Other places like the simon malls I would definitely carry

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    kjf40, I'm going to say this again.

:welcome: to :ingo:

Now it's time you got properly informed.

You run right out to your front yard and put that sign out there.

Having a "No Trespassing" sign is different than a no guns sign, because your intent of no trespassing has been stated.

Having a "No Guns Sign" is just that, a sign telling you no guns.
    It's only when a person that properly has a direct connection to the establishment or property tells you to leave is when this becomes trespassing.

Understand?

Correct. Here in Indiana, there is a specific legal penalty for violation of a No Trespassing sign. IANAL, but I have been unable to find a penalty for violation of a No Guns sign. I spent quite a few years living in South Carolina, where the license is for Concealed only, and open carry is not permitted. You could get hassled just if your weapon "flashed" while you were putting your groceries in the car. As far as I have been able to determine, as long as the location is not banned by state or federal law, the most that can happen is that you can be asked to leave. If you fail to leave when asked, gun or no gun, you can be charged with trespassing.

IANAL, YMMV :draw:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Not to intentionally confuse things after the "signs carry no weight of law" discussion, but ...while that's true in Indiana; it may not be true in all states. Know the laws in whatever state you find yourself; the state of confusion notwithstanding.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Since when do signs mean nothing to law?

If i put a no trespassing sign in my yard, does that mean someone can do it anyway with no regard?

There is a difference between a "no tresspass" sign and a "no weapons" sign. Why are you even comparing them?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I understand you fully here, but we are subject to laws.
    And we are given something that can be taken away...you need to put the question on a scale and think about it hard.

Should you take your chance on carrying in a no gun zone....risking your legality?

OR

Dont go in no gun zones...thus not giving them any reason to take your LTCH.

The contitution of the U.S gives us the right to bear arms.The rules of a left leaning,liberal,lawyer-fearing corporate entity mean nothing to me!

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Just as I expect someone to respect my rules when in my house, I will do the same when within theirs. Just the way I was raised I guess.

Amen! If you hadn't said it I would have. Private property rights are as important as the 2nd amendment and should be treated with equal respect.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Buckle-up...it's the law....speed limit 55 it's the law...and the lists go on and on.
    And everyone has broken some without thinking about it.
    But a No Guns sign is not...so why is worry about it if you CC

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't carry where it is illegal to carry. The signs just determine if I need to conceal if I chose to carry there. I don't think for a moment that there is some magical force field around places that don't allow guns. I'm guessing that law abiding citizens are not the only people to CC in places that have 'No Guns' signs.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    "No "OC Anyway" option?

Depending on what/where, I'll either conceal or go somewhere else. Only disarm when required by law.

Oh, and if I feel like I would be in danger - I WOULD NOT GOT THERE."

I agree with eldirector.

jimmyw86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I haven't taken my gun to any Broad Ripple bars but then again I was never sober and I take a cab there and back because of the muggings. I always carry it with me everywhere else.

Top Bottom