• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The amount of people here that take a guy in a clown costume and huge Gallager style mallet smashing incredibly fake looking piles of water balloons obviously waiting for someone to show up and not "caught in the act" seriously is a little startling. Maybe you guys watch too many movies. :):

It all depends on what you think you are seeing. There's a lot of crazy in the world today.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't like clowns.
    I don't like mimes.
    But I do like poetry that rhymes.

The amount of people here that take a guy in a clown costume and huge Gallager style mallet smashing incredibly fake looking piles of water balloons obviously waiting for someone to show up and not "caught in the act" seriously is a little startling. Maybe you guys watch too many movies.
    icon_lol.gif

It all depends on what you think you are seeing. There's a lot of crazy in the world today.

This is why I mentioned just taking the low-ready stance, to give the clown the opportunity to convince me that it really is just a prank and that he's not really a threat to me.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Anyone who does use deadly force against a prank like this would be fully justified if they feared for their life or the life of another. We do not have a duty to ask if you are just pranking.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The amount of people here that take a guy in a clown costume and huge Gallager style mallet smashing incredibly fake looking piles of water balloons obviously waiting for someone to show up and not "caught in the act" seriously is a little startling. Maybe you guys watch too many movies. :):

Thats what I was thinking. It was too obvious to me. You can tell he's just waiting for someone to come along, then he looks at them to make sure they are watching before he smashes.

Now, what about that idiot movie manager some years ago who had a fake gunman come in during opening day of ________ movie? (I forget what movie it was)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

People often misinterpret what they see and hear. When you have scant seconds to figure everything out and your life is potentially on the line, I will never fault you for "better safe than sorry."

Sometimes people are, literally, Terminally Stupid.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    [video=youtube;4awVqRr1eCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awVqRr1eCo[/video]

How about that guy? Around he two minute mark, someone pulls a gun on him. At the end a group starts chasing him, and hopefully beat some sense into him.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    To all that replied to mine, I think the real point is the difference in posting about this on a gun forum where carrying a sidearm and thinking "tactically" are not only the norm but required to fit in vs. actually encountering someone like this in real life.

Top Bottom