• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you rather have a CZ branded AR or a Colt built by CZ?

• I’ll take a CZ branded one

Votes: 43 76.8%
    • I’d rather still take a Colt

Votes: 2 3.6%
    • Another AR? Ugh, bacon

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Now that CZ has acquired Colt, rumors they may launch some new AR platforms.

Would you rather own a CZ branded AR or a newer Colt by CZ AR?

personally, with the bad quality issues in the past I think they’d be better off releasing a CZ branded one, and I’d buy that one.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am going to say that regardless of roll stamp I expect CZ to produce a quality AR as opposed to the Colt which has been coasting on name recognition for a very long time.

Since I haven't seen a less than good quality CZ, I expect to be impressed regardless of what they call it

I woukd anticipate a stronger resale market if it carries the CZ brand which will make it immediately obvious where using the Colt brand would require some homework to determine what you are getting.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    CZ is keeping the management of Colt in place. I would not foresee ZIL doing anything differently, whatsoever.
    yeah, this was just mentioned on a you tube channel I watched as a "what-if" scenario. So I thought it'd make a good discussion.

CZ has not said anything about doing any of this whatsoever. Pure speculation on my part. :thumbsup:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    CZ is keeping the management of Colt in place. I would not foresee ZIL doing anything differently, whatsoever.
    I would not be so fast to form that conclusion. Sometimes you can do more by putting your foot to the asses you already have than to deal with the confusion that necessarily comes with decapitating your corporate management, especially when those asses are aware that continuing to press against the seats they now occupy depends on improved performance

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What "bad quality" issues at Colt do you speak of? The bolt issues from 16 years ago?

The last time Colt did anything new was, what, 2009?, with the M6960.

Colt has been eating its seed corn for so many decades now and given CZ's announcement that they are, for some unknown reason, keeping Colt management in place instead of: 1) blowing the Hartford plant in place, 2) firing Colt management and then rehiring them to carry on their backs the machinery from Hartford, CT to Arkansas, 3) firing Colt management again after rehiring then, 4) firing Colt management a final time.

CZ needs to tell Colt:

1) fire Colt management
    2) rehire them and then fire them again
    3) Move out of CT
    4) fire Colt management
    5) release a modern 9MM that complies with the MHS criteria
    6) fire Colt management every hour on the hour to ensure that they are gone
    7) invest in R&D at Colt instead of the insipid "bringing" back defunct guns which can no longer rise to the glory of cheaper labor that cares. Stop eating your seed corn.
    8) Release the COTS M5
    9) Stop relying on your Ring Knocker Connections at the E-Ring of the Pentagon and focus on the guns instead of politics.
    10) fire Colt management

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would not be so fast to form that conclusion. Sometimes you can do more by putting your foot to the asses you already have than to deal with the confusion that necessarily comes with decapitating your corporate management, especially when those asses are aware that continuing to press against the seats they now occupy depends on improved performance
    Let's hope so, but if I was COO at CZ I would fire Colt Management.

It is a passion of mine.:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I voted I’d take a CZ AR but I’m not giving up my Colts. I own numerous CZ pistols and rifles so I’d just like to have a CZ AR to join family.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I don't own anything CZ, so to answer the question, HELL YES!
    If I have any firearm regrets, it'd be never owning anything CZ. I've been obsessed with Ruger 10-22s since my youth, ARs, shotties and Beretta's since my miltary service and sub compacts for the last 20 or so years.
    Would love nothing more than to wrap up my firarm journey being a CZ fan boy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't own anything CZ, so to answer the question, HELL YES!
    If I have any firearm regrets, it'd be never owning anything CZ. I've been obsessed with Ruger 10-22s since my youth, ARs, shotties and Beretta's since my miltary service and sub compacts for the last 20 or so years.
    Would love nothing more than to wrap up my firarm journey being a CZ fan boy.
    One of my regrets is not buying the CZ75B that Bob Cheek had in the case for about $350 once upon a time.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Maybe a CZ branded one, but let's face it.
    This would be jumping into an already flooded market.

I'd say now would be a "year late, and $10k short"...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'll wait and see how quality control does. If they don't fire those in charge in the past they better give them a new understanding that crap being pushed out of the factory means you are fired.

Like Kirk says Fire Colt management.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Maybe a CZ branded one, but let's face it.
    This would be jumping into an already flooded market.

I'd say now would be a "year late, and $10k short"...
    ARs are still the hot ticket, probably will remain that way as long as they keep threatening to ban them. Even with a flooded market they sell like hotcakes. CZ has had a problem keeping up with demand on the models they have IMHO.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    One of my regrets is not buying the CZ75B that Bob Cheek had in the case for about $350 once upon a time.
    I bought my first CZ before they were allowed to be imported into the US. It’s a Pre B 75 and was around $1000!!! A couple years later they were bringing in the Bs for around $400. Well, my two Pre Bs are worth half what I paid for them but I’ll always keep them. One is in their typical black coating and the other is in the tropical parkerized type finish. I think I got the second one from Bob.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bought my first CZ before they were allowed to be imported into the US. It’s a Pre B 75 and was around $1000!!! A couple years later they were bringing in the Bs for around $400. Well, my two Pre Bs are worth half what I paid for them but I’ll always keep them. One is in their typical black coating and the other is in the tropical parkerized type finish. I think I got the second one from Bob.
    Form 6 from Canada?

Top Bottom