• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Perhaps it is a bit of juvenile if-I-can't-have-one-no-one-can.

BTW, they've relaxed the rules about expungement. He should look into it.

The dude's Irish. Eloquence is genetic. :)

Braggard. :D

He did check about expunging back when Indiana had that program a few years ago, but it only applied for people with up to C felonies.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Because it's such fun to make them eat every silly morsel they attempted to dish out. ;)

I just don't get any satisfaction from it anymore. With this issue especially, it is far too easy to destroy the opposition, but they never cede a single point because they aren't even there to discuss gun rights. Their purpose isn't to offer solutions, nor is it to debate the philosophy of human rights. Whether they are aware of it or not, they target gun owners in order to spew their recycled lies and hate to defend the state in its pursuit of stealing the power, wealth, and property of its citizens.

It's like playing Battleship. You can bomb the crap out of them, but if their boat isn't even on the map...

I can see ATM having TONS of fun playing Battleship by himself, though :laugh:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just remind him that the AR-15 is the great, great grandchild of the M16, and while much has been changed cosmetically the basic function remains the same.

Which means that, "Get a grip! The rifle was designed to WOUND as many people as possible, not kill! Sheesh! If we wanted to kill ya'll we'uns woulda stuck with the M1 Garand or the M14. Get your facts straight before ranting on a topic about which you know nothing."

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Regards,

Doug

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I know a guy at work that is extremely liberal. The only people that are right are Democrats. I use to like to debate with him, not anymore. I actually quit talking to this guy. Unless its work related, I refuse to speak with him. I have simply decided that you can't fix stupid. I own firearms, and I keep my carry weapon close at all times. I don't ever want to have to use it, but if need be, I will. Does this make me twisted and sick? Does this make me a coward? I do to them I guess, but I like to call it being prepared.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You won't change their minds.

But you might (in addressing these fools) educate those on the sidelines.

Remember your real audience.

What matters is who gives up first. That's what's important. If we stop trying, they will continue and that is how they will win.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Because it's such fun to make them eat every silly morsel they attempted to dish out. ;)

Well, my once and future airborne friend, two things:

1. I have no desire to dominate anyone. It's a waste of precious time that I can't spare for such people.
    2. Even if you do make them eat, they still win because their real goal was to get you to react. You may not be dancing the steps they want you to dance, but they're still making you dance. I choose to not participate.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash

1. I have no desire to dominate anyone. It's a waste of precious time that I can't spare for such people.
    2. Even if you do make them eat, they still win because their real goal was to get you to react. You may not be dancing the steps they want you to dance, but they're still making you dance. I choose to not participate.

Honest question Rhino. How do you NOT participate. It just seems counter productive. No disrespect implied, just very curious. Thanks for your time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Honest question Rhino. How do you NOT participate. It just seems counter productive. No disrespect implied, just very curious. Thanks for your time.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but when faced with a situation similar to that described by the OP, I ignore them and move on. When there is no truth or merit in the rhetoric and the person is apparently trying to get a response, I have no interest. I don't care what they think, nor do I have anything to gain by engaging them.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I'm not sure I understand your question, but when faced with a situation similar to that described by the OP, I ignore them and move on. When there is no truth or merit in the rhetoric and the person is apparently trying to get a response, I have no interest. I don't care what they think, nor do I have anything to gain by engaging them.

I understand now, I misunderstood what you said. When I read it, it sounded like you stay away from the debate completely. Thanks for the clarification.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

You believe that my motivation is to dominate people? That would be rather out of character for me - something you really should know better. That motivation is more commonly associated with folks compensating for some lack of genuine confidence. Does that really sound like me?

People are one of the few, most important things to me that I am always willing to spare my time for.

2. Even if you do make them eat, they still win because their real goal was to get you to react.

Nobody beats me at my own game, you know this. If I can't maneuver around their initial goals to achieve my own (typically, winning some larger audience or just having fun with the exercise), I'm having a rather off day.

You may not be dancing the steps they want you to dance, but they're still making you dance.

Nobody needs to make me dance, I love dancing. Getting me to stop when the music's done is the challenge. :):

I choose to not participate.

Of course, you and I are wonderfully different people. Despite our generous agreement on a great many topics, I suspect that arguing, whether for sport or some underlying purpose may still tax, rather than energize you. Doesn't mean you're bad at it when you choose to, indeed you can hold your own on a wide variety of topics, but you likely find other things even more enjoyable and relaxing.

I'll bet you're still puzzled. If only you were intrigued... ;)

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    (note: I don't disagree with your statement above) But aren't we supposed to be a democratic republic specifically to prevent mob (majority) rule? That is the weakness of democracies, once 51% threshold is met it is almost never able to be overcome.
    This country has swung back and forth on various issues many times. The 18th and 21st Amendments are a good example of this. In both cases, the majority ruled.

Yes, the majority has to pay attention to the minority opinions otherwise the minority will turn against them. And, no matter what, the minority has rights. I do get concerned, though, when the direction of the country is changed in order to cater to a minority opinion. I don't know the statistics, but my gut tells me that there are more gun owners than there are LGBTs. This makes me wonder why we have to legalize gay marriage, but we can't have guns.

All that said, I think that we, as gun owners, are going to have to learn the art of compromise. The NRA keeps saying "we should be able to have all the guns we want". The gun control advocates keep saying "we want all your guns". Somewhere in between those extremes has to be a workable solution.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I suppose it wouldn't be right for me to share what a sick, twisted person you are as an AR-15 owner. It has one and ONLY one purpose, for killing and maiming as many people as quickly as possible. Not only should it be illegal to have one, it shouldn't need to be because anyone who'd want one must have something terribly wrong with them.
    Just words from our liberal "friend". Or how you carry a gun around because you fantasize about getting in a gun battle and shooting a "bad guy"

I was going to buy an AR-15, but dang... if this is the kind of people that have them...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom