• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I would be furious if anyone abused or killed my pet regardless of who it was or what their occupation is... What I would like to know, where are the stand up and be counted people that would say that they made a mistake instead of, "I felt threatened, the sun was in my eyes, my foot slipped, I got a cramp", etc.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    ^^^He's mocking another member.

Anyway, what a tragic situation. I would be pissed to no end if this happened to me.:xmad:

That really sucks that absolutely nothing is going to happen to this dog murderer...How can a dog be a "threat" when it's on a chain and out of reach of you?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    uh oh, more "cop bashing"

how is this cop bashing :dunno:...........i like good cops hate bad ones

cop bashing is saying all cops are bad and are the same ..........

am bashing this bad police officer and the policy it supports ... ( if thats was meant to be purple never mind)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The dog was found dead, still chained to a tree. The killer is still at large and is armed and considered very dangerous.

Nope, even better...The dog was chained up inside the garage, with what looks to be maybe 25 feet of chain that allows him to leave the house.

how is this cop bashing :dunno:...........i like good cops hate bad ones

cop bashing is saying all cops are bad and are the same ..........

am bashing this bad police officer and the policy it supports ...

See the first sentence of post #5. He was joking.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Puppycide is becoming a common occurrence in many locales. When a Jack Russell is a threat to a 200 Lb man, the man has the problem, not the dog. Training on man vs dog interactions is available for the cops from the Humane Society, if they would ever bother to take it. The USPS trains its people yearly in dog vs human interaction and has very few bad interactions. The gun should always be the last resort, not the go to first resort. Here's hoping a lawsuit is filed and a judge rules correctly.

Radley Balko covered this at Reason a while back.
    Cop vs. Dog - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    uh oh, more "cop bashing"

I think it's pretty safe to assume our friend NYFelon meant to "purple" this folks. Don't get bent. It goes back to another thread earlier today.

Addressing the thread--I'm against cop bashing--but, this is epic failure on multiple levels here though. IF everything is as reported, why is this dude back on the street???

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

:):

6a00d8341bf67c53ef01539176b7dc970b-800wi

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    ^^^He's mocking another member.

Anyway, what a tragic situation. I would be pissed to no end if this happened to me.:xmad:

That really sucks that absolutely nothing is going to happen to this dog murderer...How can a dog be a "threat" when it's on a chain and out of reach of you?

Nope, even better...The dog was chained up inside the garage, with what looks to be maybe 25 feet of chain that allows him to leave the house.

See the first sentence of post #5. He was joking.

This, though I wouldn't so much say I was mocking anyone. I believe that violates INGO rules. I was in fact, 'beating such persons as may be inclined to refer to this post as such, to the punch'.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Training on man vs dog interactions is available for the cops from the Humane Society, if they would ever bother to take it.

I took some online training from ASPCA on my own time. It gives a lot of good information about reading dog body language and such. I've encountered a lot of dogs and never had a problem. Who knows how this dog was reacting to the officers, but they were still at the wrong address regardless of how the dog behaved. The initial mistake was on their end and they should be accountable in some way. I just don't know what would make up for the loss...

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    it would seem like there would at least be some legal recourse? at least the officer should have to pay to replace the dog? i know that doesnt really make it better but its something.

we citizens are punished to a ridiculous level when we screw up, why is it not the same for police?

jake

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I took some online training from ASPCA on my own time. It gives a lot of good information about reading dog body language and such.

Where did you find this training? I'm interested. I went to the ASPCA website, but was not able to locate anything resembling a course.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Where did you find this training? I'm interested. I went to the ASPCA website, but was not able to locate anything resembling a course.

They don't make it easy to find:

Fighting Animal Cruelty : Training : ASPCA Professional

There are courses there for investigating animal cruelty, investigating dog fighting, and the one I mentioned regarding officer safety and bite prevention. All three have good info, the one I was referencing was the officer safety module. It's kinda cheesy in the way they present it, but it's got good info.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I took some online training from ASPCA on my own time. It gives a lot of good information about reading dog body language and such. I've encountered a lot of dogs and never had a problem. Who knows how this dog was reacting to the officers, but they were still at the wrong address regardless of how the dog behaved. The initial mistake was on their end and they should be accountable in some way. I just don't know what would make up for the loss...
    Kudos to you for at least seeking some training on your own. That's more than many will ever do. You'd think it would be mandatory, given the chances of dog/cop interaction on a daily basis. It would save a lot of dog lives.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Charges should be filed:

Trespassing.

Illegal discharge of a firearm in city limits.

Discharging a firearm within XXX feet of an occupied dwelling.

Animal Cruelty.

Animal Abuse.

Animal Neglect.

Some sort of threatening charges for threatening the home owners. Assault (or is battery).

Intimidation.

I'm sure there are at least half a dozen more charges that would qualify as well.

Completely unacceptable behavior and actions. You cannot justify this.

Top Bottom