• ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think that's reaching, Stretch :dunno:
    Why is that perfectly safe for a cop? You don't see the irony in that? I've seen ISP do things on I-65, in heavy traffic that has almost made my heart stop! And all to pull over some guy going twelve over, even doing 15 over, it seems a bit crazy to me to risk your life driving 30 or 40 over to write a ticket. I wouldn't do it, no way in hell would I do it.

Did you see the video? the cop was flying! Why does that make sense to anyone?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think this was a commentary on how the driver was going 12 mph over the limit, but how fast did the officer have to drive to catch up with him? From the video it appeared the officer was moving along rather quickly.

I understand physics and I know the officer has to speed to catch up to a speeding vehicle. However, it does seem a bit hypocritical to stop somebody for 12 mph over the limit when you had to drive 20 or 30 mph over the limit to catch up to him.
    I don't expect all LEOs to get it.:D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why is that perfectly safe for a cop? You don't see the irony in that? I've seen ISP do things on I-65, in heavy traffic that has almost made my heart stop! And all to pull over some guy going twelve over, even doing 15 over, it seems a bit crazy to me to risk your life driving 30 or 40 over to write a ticket. I wouldn't do it, no way in hell would I do it.

:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Because the average copper, has been trained in EVOC. The average person has not.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ummmm that is a very well known training video done by a southern interdiction training team. It purpose is to show how NOT to act. Yea lets just pass it off as an everyday occurrence. Man some people!!:noway:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ummmm that is a very well known training video done by a southern interdiction training team. It purpose is to show how NOT to act. Yea lets just pass it off as an everyday occurrence. Man some people!!:noway:
    Given your past postings, you'll excuse us if we take your post with a hunk of salt. Do you have some proof that it's a training video? A link, perhaps? Or just your "word"?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

That does make more sense. Not that officers haven't acted this way before (Canton) but the whole thing seemed sort of odd. Either he was acting or has some very serious mental issues judging by the way he went from calm to psycho in such a short time. I haven't actually seen that video before though.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Because the average copper, has been trained in EVOC. The average person has not.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative. I understand EVOC. I know officers are trained to drive at higher speeds and to be able to handle their vehicle. However, let me relate an incident I'm aware of.

The local Sheriff's office has a camp every summer for children. They hold it in a county park. The park is also the location of the annual EVOC training. They were doing a scenario where one officer was the "bad guy" and another officer had to pursue him. They actually put the children in the pursuing car. The pursuit car got a little too close to the edge of the road and got into a little gravel. The pursuit car ended up wrecking into a tree. Fortunately, nobody was injured.

Fast forward a couple of months. The same deputy that crashed into the tree, left a bar drunk and crashed his uninsured pickup truck into a house.

My point, even if you are well-trained, accidents can still happen.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Training video? Really?

Hey, maybe this explains a lot in Canton, Ohio?!? :dunno:

No?!?

Well...... shucks.......

0511-1002-0704-5638_Sad_Boy_Kicking_a_Rock_clipart_image.jpg

Banshee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Wow that video is crazy. I seriously doubt kirk freeman's statements that it happens all the time. I denied an officer consent to search about 6 months ago and he just went on about his business.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    maybe all the videos we have seen are training videos. i just thought they was real. the way those actors seemed to be really mad when they kept yelling stop resisting. and the way those actors fell and screamed when they got tased and beat like it really hurt. those guys in hollywood are tricky. they sure had me fooled.

Top Bottom