• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    USPSA scoring system is out of balance favoring speed and that is where the emphasis is for USPSA shooters. I think some did not develop proper fundamentals. Look at the scores of the classifier and the distance and look at penalties. We don't take the practical part of the name very serious at all. How many major matches do not require any SHO and WHO? Both very practical but not fun for most people. Sort of like having and new division with carry in the title but limiting the magazine capacity.

We don't have to have extreme distance or a ton of it but we need some. Same with one handed shooting, prone, and so forth. We want to pretend and refer to USPSA as if it were major league baseball, but in fact it is closer to fat old man's softball.

QF-mufuggin-T right here. :yesway:

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    USPSA scoring system is out of balance favoring speed and that is where the emphasis is for USPSA shooters. I think some did not develop proper fundamentals. Look at the scores of the classifier and the distance and look at penalties. We don't take the practical part of the name very serious at all. How many major matches do not require any SHO and WHO? Both very practical but not fun for most people. Sort of like having and new division with carry in the title but limiting the magazine capacity.

We don't have to have extreme distance or a ton of it but we need some. Same with one handed shooting, prone, and so forth. We want to pretend and refer to USPSA as if it were major league baseball, but in fact it is closer to fat old man's softball.

On the long bay; More movement and multiple shooting positions/areas/options.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I'm with you on this one Coach. I watched the videos, and some of the shots looked enticing to me. I would think a lot of the problem with the distance would be exacerbated by people never getting a chance to encounter it...so when they go to a place that has some, they crash and burn. I Hope you won't give up on the distance stuff...surely, a couple long shots mixed in somewhere could be a teaching moment, and give people a chance to evaluate their weaknesses without totally ruining their day?

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm with you on this one Coach. I watched the videos, and some of the shots looked enticing to me. I would think a lot of the problem with the distance would be exacerbated by people never getting a chance to encounter it...so when they go to a place that has some, they crash and burn. I Hope you won't give up on the distance stuff...surely, a couple long shots mixed in somewhere could be a teaching moment, and give people a chance to evaluate their weaknesses without totally ruining their day?

Just about everyone can make those shots without time pressure. The lesson lies someplace between knowing your limitations and seeing what you need to see to ensure an exceptable result on target. Most pistol bays in this area dont allow for shots longer than 25 or 30 yards so shooters don't see shots at that distance on a regular basis. I would argue that closer partial targets are just as difficult. A head shot at 12-15 yards is a tough shot at speed.
    Riley now has some distance and I think it should be used,at least once in a while.

Top Bottom