• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's possible that NHT3 is right, the solution is something other than an xD. I'm a big fan of the xD line, but after handling an xDs I bought a Shield. Doesn't mean they're bad, just didn't work for me.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Without any of us being able to witness your handling of the firearm, we're trying to explain what we've found to be the issues with other we've helped in person. You asked for the Internets to help, but honestly you asked us to remove the vast majority of the possible fixes from the table. Most of us aren't trying to get snarky with you, so understand, without photos, videos, or one of us witnessing your shooting the firearm, we will believe that the issue (most likely) is software. It isn't personal, nor are we trying to make it personal... We're explaining what we've experienced.

i can't even envision the grip change being described.

Ive fired a few xd. Never noticed any issues.

As mentioned above, pics would be helpful.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guess that stipulation was thrown out the window pretty fast. I was looking for hardware solutions, not software. I should have known better than to ask the Internets.

Here's a good hardware solution. Trade it or sell it. A grip safety has no business on a modern striker fired handgun used for defensive purposes.

Glocks don't have them.
    Sigs don't have them.
    HKs don't have them.
    M&Ps don't have them.
    Walthers don't have them.
    Kahrs don't have them.
    Rugers don't have them.
    FNs don't have them.
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Pick a brand and model in common use amongst professionals and leave the rest alone.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Just an FYI... I'm done with this thread. I'm not posting links, pics, or any more replies. If you guys want to continue talking about it, have fun.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Here's a good hardware solution. Trade it or sell it. A grip safety has no business on a modern striker fired handgun used for defensive purposes.

Glocks don't have them.
    Sigs don't have them.
    HKs don't have them.
    M&Ps don't have them.
    Walthers don't have them.
    Kahrs don't have them.
    Rugers don't have them.
    FNs don't have them.
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Pick a brand and model in common use amongst professionals and leave the rest alone.

And the striker springs in those guns aren't fully compressed like the XD either. And if the sear slips for some reason the gun won't go bang. The XD will. Hence the grip safety.

Bottom line: if you don't like the XD the way it is, don't defeat the safety; buy something else.

I like the "single action" XD trigger better than anything on the list above.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    M&P or Glock would be a solution.. :) One of the things you find out shooting a pistol VS just holding it.

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Definitely S&W, M&P ..... JMHO .....

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I have had a couple XDs/XDS. I have never had a problem with disengaging the safety nor have anyone else that has ever shot the guns. The grip safety takes very minimal effort to disengage. Honestly I don't see how it ISN'T disengaged with even a weak grip.

Hold the damn thing and its disengaged. One's grip should not have to change to cycle the slide. If it has to than the grip is ALL WRONG. Either that or the hands of the user are too soft and weak. Gain some strength.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Could be your technique........

arrow-through-hand.jpeg

Top Bottom