• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Spring kit LINK

My XDs isn't "stock".... it's the post recall trigger "fix" that, IMHO, is complete crap. I've heard many say that it averages around 8.5# of trigger pull and the quality of the recall repair seems to be based on who it was at the repair shop did the fix. Some seem happy with with their returned XDs and many I've seen were not.

I didn't own this XDs prior to the recall repair, so I don't know what the original trigger was like, but the owner wasn't happy when he got it back.

I bought it hearing that this $20 spring upgrade solved a lot of the problem and took a risk. I really hated the trigger, was gritty to the wall and felt like a ton of bricks trying to get the trigger to break.

Once I swapped out the springs... I have to say I'm very pleased with the pull now.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    I was interested in the xd s as well. I was at the gun shop the other day and was handling one and usually I have problems getting a smaller grip to feel comfortable in my big hand but this to my surprise actually felt very comfortable

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    The xd series from springfield is nice and i have owned and shot multiple handguns from that line. its all about personal preference, but for me i did not like the handguns grip safety. It would pinch my hand everytime I shot it and it got to the point were I did not like shooting it anymore. Now I have an fns 9 and I'm happy as can be.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The xd series from springfield is nice and i have owned and shot multiple handguns from that line. its all about personal preference, but for me i did not like the handguns grip safety. It would pinch my hand everytime I shot it and it got to the point were I did not like shooting it anymore. Now I have an fns 9 and I'm happy as can be.

That's very interesting. I've probably put 700 rounds through my full size XDm and have never had the grip safety pinch me.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife switched to the XDs 45 this year for her carry gun. Very light, easy to carry, and accurate. I have shot it very little, but the small time I have spent with it has left me contemplating trading in one of my officer models in on one. My only issue with them is the fiberoptic front sight that they come with, but even that has proven to be more durable than those I have dealt with in the past, so it might have even changed my opinion in this regard...

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ok, with all the positive feedback I am ready add this gun to my collection. thanks for all of info and insight.
    You won't be sorry you did! I've got almost 2000 rnds thru mine! Not one problem. As far as the post trigger problems, mine felt a little heavy after the fix. But after about 300 rnds it seems to be right where I like it. BTW mine is the .45!

Maddog1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    INGO has been great the short time I have been on the website. All the information I received on this thread has been great. I can't wait to get the gun.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    INGO has been great the short time I have been on the website. All the information I received on this thread has been great. I can't wait to get the gun.

I got mine today... You won't be disappointed.
    2014-02-23%2017.07.28_zpsznmjjrv4.jpg

Jhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    I have been eyeing one of these. After shooting a friend's, it didn't seem to fit my hand well. I still think it is a beautiful gun and you will love it.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Carried it for the first time since purchased, haven't had a chance to even shoot it yet. Holster is MDJ, very comfortable. Carried better then my glock 26 in a crosdbreed. I like it.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I had a XDS 45 and while it was accurate and fun to shoot it was a hand cannon with 230 grain self defense loads. I would look at the 9mm for a couple more rounds and lighter recoil. I found the size made it easy to conceal and the fiber optic front sight was a nice upgrade over a white dot.

Top Bottom