• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    So after looking through the INGO forum, I head over to my Vulcan motorcycle forum. I see a thread titled Vaquero review, which peaked my interest because I own one, wondered what this guys thoughts were even though I have owned mine for 2 years and 20k miles. Open the thread and realize it is none other than the James Yeager LOL. Just kinda humored me coming across it.

The review Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero - Part 1 - First Look! - YouTube
    Unfortunately I couldn't get through the video, I wanted to hear about the bike, too much cutting to video of riding it

On another "cross forum" deal, I had posted an item for 2004-2008 F150 for sale on an F150 forum. Had zero bites in a week. Put the item on INGO and sold it in about a week. The day after selling it I finally got a PM from the F150 forum asking about it, told the guy I sold it on a gun forum, he responded with "that makes sense, kinda" LOL

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :):
    He bought a 'wannebe' bike........:):......match's his agenda.....'wannebe' a bad-azz.......:):......LOL!......puzzie......

HA ha ha ha!!! Lets see here. Kawtech is my name what do you think is my game? I am a certified Tech for Kawasaki and Yamaha but I work on just about anything and everything.

You call the Vulcan Vaquero a "wanna be" bike? Wanna be what? It out preforms the HD in every single category they compete in. It is better engineered, easier to work on, and is running current (2013-2014) technology. HD was "state of the art" yeah in the 50's.

Wanna be bike.... I tell you the only wanna be riders I see anymore are riding an HD. Go talk to some adventure touring riders if you want to talk to some guys who really put miles on the road with their bikes. Most HD riders I see on the road are weekend and sunny day riders. I don't know anyone who rides an HD all year round. I know people who's only means of transportation is a Kawasaki KLR-650.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    HA ha ha ha!!! Lets see here. Kawtech is my name what do you think is my game? I am a certified Tech for Kawasaki and Yamaha but I work on just about anything and everything.

You call the Vulcan Vaquero a "wanna be" bike? Wanna be what? It out preforms the HD in every single category they compete in. It is better engineered, easier to work on, and is running current (2013-2014) technology. HD was "state of the art" yeah in the 50's.

Wanna be bike.... I tell you the only wanna be riders I see anymore are riding an HD. Go talk to some adventure touring riders if you want to talk to some guys who really put miles on the road with their bikes. Most HD riders I see on the road are weekend and sunny day riders. I don't know anyone who rides an HD all year round. I know people who's only means of transportation is a Kawasaki KLR-650.

:):........Hit'a nerve,huh dude?........:):

You miss the whole point of 'BIKE'........:):........I'a let'cha think 'bout 'at 1 for 'while.......:):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

You miss the whole point of 'BIKE'........:):........I'a let'cha think 'bout 'at 1 for 'while.......:):

I would be interested in learning the lesson, but it's kind of hard following your posts. Can you just type normally and post the differences between someone who rides either style bike? I've always wanted a HD, just to own some American history, but it's hard to beat what you get for the money, considering the metric bikes. I have always owned metric bikes and may get something next summer, if the finances work out.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I would be interested in learning the lesson, but it's kind of hard following your posts. Can you just type normally and post the differences between someone who rides either style bike? I've always wanted a HD, just to own some American history, but it's hard to beat what you get for the money, considering the metric bikes. I have always owned metric bikes and may get something next summer, if the finances work out.

This is going to be quite similar to the 1911 debates.

You'll have die hard supporters who refuse to acknowledge anything else exists/compares, nostalgic owners who enjoy owning them for the history, and actual riders who acknowledge the history but realize there are better modern options for daily use.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Best Harley ever made. ^^^ Because at least you can pedal it home WHEN it breaks down.

No you really did not hit any nerves on my part. But I know plenty of people who would take offense to your comment by essentially calling anyone who rides a metric bike a "puzzie" as you put it. I know people with literally Millions of miles under their belts. People who I guarantee have spent more time in the saddle than you have on your feet. And guess how many of them ride HDs?

NONE! Not a one. Just ask them what they think of HD and you will most likely be laughed at. Mind you most of them have owned an HD at one point in time and they all say the same thing. They do not hold up over time. They cost more up front and cost more than any other bike to have serviced and they need service more often than any other bike.

I have seen plenty of HD riders in my time. I know how they are and the stubborn way they think. I have noticed one trend. The more leather, the more HD branded stuff they wear, the more chrome on the bike, the shinier it is. The less miles on the machine. I recently did a tire change on a '98 Ultra Classic. Pristine bike, looked like it just rolled off the show room, owner was covered head to toe in HD gear and the bike front to rear with HD custom chrome. He ordered the HD branded Dunlop tire (even though I tried to tell him that is the cheapest crap tire that Dunlop makes he still wanted it because it said HD on it) he would've had a better tire for less money with the Metzler. Bike had 12,000 miles on it. 12,000. He was no biker. 15 year old bike with less than 1,000 miles a year on it. Poor machine sat more than it was ridden.

And this is typical in my experience with HD riders. Its all about the image of being a "biker" and not actually about being a rider.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Best Harley ever made. ^^^ Because at least you can pedal it home WHEN it breaks down.

No you really did not hit any nerves on my part. But I know plenty of people who would take offense to your comment by essentially calling anyone who rides a metric bike a "puzzie" as you put it. I know people with literally Millions of miles under their belts. People who I guarantee have spent more time in the saddle than you have on your feet. And guess how many of them ride HDs?

NONE! Not a one. Just ask them what they think of HD and you will most likely be laughed at. Mind you most of them have owned an HD at one point in time and they all say the same thing. They do not hold up over time. They cost more up front and cost more than any other bike to have serviced and they need service more often than any other bike.

I have seen plenty of HD riders in my time. I know how they are and the stubborn way they think. I have noticed one trend. The more leather, the more HD branded stuff they wear, the more chrome on the bike, the shinier it is. The less miles on the machine. I recently did a tire change on a '98 Ultra Classic. Pristine bike, looked like it just rolled off the show room, owner was covered head to toe in HD gear and the bike front to rear with HD custom chrome. He ordered the HD branded Dunlop tire (even though I tried to tell him that is the cheapest crap tire that Dunlop makes he still wanted it because it said HD on it) he would've had a better tire for less money with the Metzler. Bike had 12,000 miles on it. 12,000. He was no biker. 15 year old bike with less than 1,000 miles a year on it. Poor machine sat more than it was ridden.

And this is typical in my experience with HD riders. Its all about the image of being a "biker" and not actually about being a rider.

If I pull up to a restaurant and see a Harley in the lot, I guarantee you I can pick out the owner within 30 seconds of entering.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Que. Look into the new Indian line. They are owned by Victory which is a subsidiary of Polaris but are not in any way shape or form a Victory. They are pure Indian with the same classic Indian style and an all new power plant that is really something. And they actually have a reasonable price point this time around with an actual powersports company backing them for warranty or service work. Polaris has been making huge strides in the powersports industry and are currently one of if not the biggest powersports company in the US and closing in on the World market.

Polaris already owns Indian. My prediction, within 10 years they will own Harley too. And maybe then Harley will get a much needed update in technology and performance.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeager bought a new motorcycle

MrGarrison.gif

Polaris already owns Indian. My prediction, within 10 years they will own Harley too. And maybe then Harley will get a much needed update in technology and performance.

Harley bought out Buell then shut him down "to focus on the Harley brand". How is that for forward thinking?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You'll have die hard supporters who refuse to acknowledge anything else exists/compares, nostalgic owners who enjoy owning them for the history, and actual riders who acknowledge the history but realize there are better modern options for daily use.

If you dig into Harley's racing history you will find it stained with bribes and damn near out right extortion of the AMA so they would change the rules and allow Harley to run bikes that were twice the size of the competition in the races.

The really funny thing. After all the money HD spent cheating and changing the rules in their favor. THEY STILL LOST RACES! They couldn't even win by cheating!

Even today. A 2003 HD V-Rod the highest performance motorcycle that Porsche ever built for Harley. And it still looses to a stock 1983 Suzuki GS1100. HDs top of the line at the time VS a 20 year Japanese machine. And it LOOSES.

[video=youtube_share;5eBpkA4XX58]http://youtu.be/5eBpkA4XX58[/video]

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It amazes me how many Harley riders can't go to the ice cream stand without having a group. I got to the point I despise riding with others.

I have an 07 ultra with 44,000 miles. It's nasty dirty because I have to ride a half mile of gravel to get to asphalt. I don't see the point in trying to keep it clean. I've never actually waxed it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que. Look into the new Indian line. They are owned by Victory which is a subsidiary of Polaris but are not in any way shape or form a Victory. They are pure Indian with the same classic Indian style and an all new power plant that is really something. And they actually have a reasonable price point this time around with an actual powersports company backing them for warranty or service work. Polaris has been making huge strides in the powersports industry and are currently one of if not the biggest powersports company in the US and closing in on the World market.

Thanks for the info!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Harley bought out Buell then shut him down "to focus on the Harley brand". How is that for forward thinking?

They shut down Buell because Eric Buell wanted to build a genuine American sport bike but was limited by Sportster 883 and 1200 engines they gave him to use. Even after being highly modified by Eric and his crew they still were getting spanked in AMA sanctioned races. Even pulling Harley's old tricks and running a 1200cc machine in the Sport (600cc) class they still were getting their asses handed to them on a platter by Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, KTM, BMW. Eric Buell got fed up and wanted to build a bike that would actually preform so he started using Austrian made Rotax engine for the Buell 1125R. and low and behold an American superbike was born! But the powers that be at HD wouldn't stand for being snubbed by Buell and dropped them like a bad habit expecting to watch Buell twist in the wind and die. Instead he gave HD the finger and Started building bikes again under his own name. And they are better than they ever under the HD banner. It just sucks that they cost 30K.

Top Bottom