• ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    :rolleyes:........Honda's version of a Dyna........:):

An' the Dyna's nuth'n more'na glorified Sportster......far's I'm concern'd......:):
    Sportsters where originally Harley's race bikes. Wasn't until the '80's that they took a image beating. But in the early '70's if you had a iron head 1000 , you were king if the streets. Till Kawasaki came out with the Z1's and later the KZ's

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sportsters where originally Harley's race bikes. Wasn't until the '80's that they took a image beating. But in the early '70's if you had a iron head 1000 , you were king if the streets. Till Kawasaki came out with the Z1's and later the KZ's

First factory bike to breach 150 MHP off the show room floor was the '73 Z1 900. Fun motorcycle history fact.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Ah, now don't get hard Richard, I'm just playing with you.

You know I'd call AAA for you when I find you broke down on the road side.

:):.......As well,dude.....hahahaha.....FWIW.......am a big fan of the Ilse of Mann.....:rockwoot:

On'a other.....long an' short.....:rolleyes:........was head'd to TN......batt light comes on,no biggy.......just roll'd off 65 ta dealer,105 bux later......on the rd...:yesway:......get ta TN (young'n lives in Murfreesboro....) On way back,bike starts act'n up,thought.....?......WTF?.....lost all power 15 mls N of Horse Cave/Cave city.....they did'n connect the da*n VR.........:):......prolly had 1/2 doz 'HD' riders jus'.......zooom on by........2 sportbikers STOP'd.......:):.......LOL!....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    407811005.jpg

Again, Harleyrider_50 please. Heed Chezuki's advice.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yup, ya still see 'em at the strip, ya know why they quit making 'em?

The last year of the Z1 model designation was 1975. The first year of the KZ designation was the 1976 model year. And the KZ1000 was followed the year after in 1977. I think that is right. It was way before I was born. The last actual production date for the KZ100P? 2002. Although there was a 2003 model year KZ1000P

EDT: Oh you asked why! I'm sorry I miss read. I thought you asked when. No, I do not know why they stopped the Z1 designation.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    The last year of the Z1 model designation was 1975. The first year of the KZ designation was the 1976 model year. And the KZ1000 was followed the year after in 1977. I think that is right. It was way before I was born. The last actual production date for the KZ100P? 2002.
    Correct, they took the 500 frame and stuck this insane fast 900 motor in it. But unfortunately , the death rate for young testosterone filled young men jumped 75% that year. So they took the engine, tamed it down, less horsepower, bigger cc's (1000) and put it in a bigger frame. But for the few years the KZ 900 was out, it started the horsepower war that still rages on today.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Correct, they took the 500 frame and stuck this insane fast 900 motor in it. But unfortunately , the death rate for young testosterone filled young men jumped 75% that year. So they took the engine, tamed it down, less horsepower, bigger cc's (1000) and put it in a bigger frame. But for the few years the KZ 900 was out, it started the horsepower war that still rages on today.

Oh yeah! Now that I think about I have heard that before. It's been a minute since Kawasaki clinic 1

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Nothing wrong with a nice Harley. But there is apparently something wrong with Harleyrider_50

I'm currently drunk and browsing with a concussion. It still makes no sense to me, at all.

This!

My first bike was a Suzuki Katana (affectionately pronounced "can-o-tuna"). I got shunned by Harley guys for it not being a Harley, shunned by cruiser guys for it being a sport bike, and shunned by sport bike guys for it not being a "real sport bike". Hell, even 2nd gen Katana guys shunned me for riding a 1st gen.

I shunned the crap out of those guys riding the DUI scooters though!!

Only if I could have seen you through my tinted visor and sunglasses to shield my hangover from the bright sun.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Enjoyed this talk immensely. I think we ran everyone out! I can do this all night, but gotta get up early. I smell a INGO run next year. And it smells like bacon!! We'll let chezuki be road captain with his 600, , ,bwhahahahaha, sorry. Good nite and RESPECT!

Top Bottom