• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my first rifle was a ithaca m49. i still have it, but dont shoot it. its one gun i would not sell for 10,000 bucks. it looks like somone drug it behind a truck but i defintally got my fathers moneys worth out of it. he bought it for me on my 4th birthday

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    My first rifle of my own was a Ruger 10/22. One of the first things I bought with all the money I was raking in from my first job, ha ha. Still have and love that rifle, and my son will get it after I'm gone. By that time he will have one of his own, in addition to mine and the one my father taught me to shoot with.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Not counting the daisy pellet gun; A Ruger mini 14. Bought 15 years ago and still have it. Haven't shot it in a while mainly because I don't have anywhere to take it. Belong to MCFG and mainly shoot pistols now.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My first rifle was an old (VERY old) Winchester model O2A bolt action single shot .22. It has a patent date on the barrel that says 1898. My dad bought it off a guy during the depression for $5 and it has "1928" carved in the stock. I still have it and it still shoots!

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Marlin mod. 25 bolt action. Still have it wating on my girls to take it over, 25 yrs old and still looking good ( the gun that is).

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    I love thinking back to the time of going outside and holding a "real rifle" for the first time and doing your best to out shoot the old man, just to find out that that he threw the match to make you feel like John Wayne.

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    I am so happy to hear from all of you, I cant wait for quitting time tomarrow I will have to pull it from the back of the box and shoot it again if for nothing more than to have my son beat me It will be a big day for both of us
    :)

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Marlin Model 25n bolt action rifle (.22LR). My mom bought it for me on my 14th birthday and I still have it 19 years later and it will be my son's first gun when he gets a little older (he's only 4).

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    My first rifle was a Ruger 10/22, I got it for my birthday with a box of 1000rnds I think I went through all of them in the first 2 weeks, it got a lot of use when I was younger squirrel hunting and shooting ground hogs. I shot a skunk once out back of out house and it did t die and it crawled u der the deck and died there I will never forget that because when I told my dad he said he knew before I told him because he could smell it I side lol, he made me crawl under and pull it out talk about smelly

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    My first rifle, A Marlin 795 that I bought myself 3 months ago at the young age of 29. My parents wouldn't let me own a rifle, not even an air rifle, even though I did well in Boy Scouts... oh well, I enjoy shooting 22lr and look forward to attending an appleseed at my home range in May

I fully intend on teaching my son and daughter how to shoot as soon as my wife signs off on it :)

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    My first gun was a .410 break action single shot. I cannot recall the brand name. As of a couple months ago, I passed the rifle down to my younger cousin who just started to develop an interest in hunting! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom