• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yor Favorite rifle, Or The One You Want To Own!

• Total voters

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    What would some of your favorite rifle makes an models be and why or the one rifle you want to own thats on your high end rifle list?

Ill start out first, mine would have to be my dads Winchester Mod70 in .30-06, the rifle is older than me, but for a rifle that old its shoots like butter, the action is smooth as silk and has no problem at all taking out pop cans out at 400yrds. I want an older Mod70 one day ill have to get my own cause dad wont sell me his:xmad:.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Savage 10 FCP
    AllenM AR15 :)
    M1 Tanker
    custom 10/22

and a couple others are my favorite rifle

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    My henry 22 lever action. Its fun, cheap to shoot and I can hit what im aiming at. I have a colt ar, ssa 1911,h&r 44mag, ruger super blackhawk 44mag and others but really like my henry

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have built 10 model 70 based match rifles, two of them Palma rifles. They are rigid even when supporting a 30 inch barrel that only tapers to .920". All of them (late model, post 1964) were true, not needing to be trued before fitting a match barrel. The push feed extractor works very well. I never had a single failure during 100's of rapid fire events during my years shooting highpowder. There is plenty of metal in the rear receiver ring to mill the receiver for stripper clips when rapid reloading is desired. The flat receiver bottoms fit very well to the aluminum chassis in H&S precision stocks, making micro beding unneeded. The recoil lugs are built right in receiver bottom, no worries there. A small torque wrench set to 45 inch lbs is all that is needed to set when assembling the rifle after cleaning, so you have no zero shift problems. There are many great quality triggers that are easily installed. Since the action is very hard and smooth, stoning and lapping so that the bolt slides precisely is very easy, often needing no more than a quick lap and polish job to really make it perfect. Did I mention that I really liked working with and shooting Winchester model 70 actions?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    You're list is very limited considering how open-ended the question is. I expect to see over 50% other.

My favorite is my SKS.

Thats ok, tell us what you like and why. I like my SKS also, But dads Mod70 is a hands down winner for me action smooth as silk, and very accurate

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Gee, this is a tough one. I am one of the luckiest guys around, cause I own or have owned about all the different guns I have ever wanted to own. As far as a favorite rifle, I would have to say I like lever actions best. Maybe I was warped by watching too many westerns in the 50's and 60's. I also appreciate that they are an American invention and icon. They are always reliable, can be short and handy and are usually accurate enough to get the job done in any of their intended roles. I think my favorite is a Marlin .22 Century Limited that I bought from an individual at a Danville gun show about 1988 for $100. That is what he asked so I paid him and ran....It was almost mint. Have probably put more than 7 or 8 thousand rounds through it since. Everybody who shoots it, likes it. Just stick it in my casket when I go....John:ingo:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I guess I would have to throw my Marlin .22mag in the mix also. I love that thing its a tack driver for sure!

Maybe we can get one of the Mods to add a few more choices to the poll, I cant figure out how to do it, Thanks in advance

Top Bottom