• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll be at the Zionsville Town Board meeting tonight - if anyone wants to say hello. (I'm the 6'4" bald guy.)

I hope we have a lot of INGO members and Second Amendment advocates there!

Guy
    Do you have any other distinguishing marks such as tattoos or scars so people can make sure they get the right 6'4" bald guy? J/K Wish I lived a bit closer as I would like to attend in support.

Good luck to all those involved that may be affected by this.

DennisTheMenace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Kudos to the speakers last night particularly Guy who set the record straight on what "safe" shooting is and that there are already more than enough laws on the books covering unsafe use. I hope that he does indeed attend the Safety Board meeting later this month and lend his expertise helping them towards a conclusion of a 'no action' recommendation!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thank you, Dennis. I think last night's meeting went well, but there is still a lot of work to do to make sure that rural Zionsville remains a place where individuals can lawfully exercise their Second Amendment rights. As previously mentioned, the Safety Board meeting is August 26 at 9:00 am - also at Zionsville Town Hall. The public is welcome.

Guy

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I attended the meeting last nite. I think the speakers addressed the issue in a fair and concise manner. Unless i misunderstood (I was sitting in the back of the room) I believe I heard Councilman Haak state he was in favor of rural residents being able to shoot. I'm not so sure about the other council members. I would welcome the opportunity to attend any brainstorming session that might occur prior to the safety board meeting on the 26th. If allowed, I would also like to add my comments at the SBM but would want ensure my comments are in concert with the message/agenda that is being promoted by rural gun/landowners.

DennisTheMenace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    I attended the meeting last nite. I think the speakers addressed the issue in a fair and concise manner. Unless i misunderstood (I was sitting in the back of the room) I believe I heard Councilman Haak state he was in favor of rural residents being able to shoot. I'm not so sure about the other council members. I would welcome the opportunity to attend any brainstorming session that might occur prior to the safety board meeting on the 26th. If allowed, I would also like to add my comments at the SBM but would want ensure my comments are in concert with the message/agenda that is being promoted by rural gun/landowners.

Yes, Councilman Haak stated that he supported Mr. Brooke's right to shoot on his property. Unfortunately he is not on the Safety Board. I did get a little annoyed at his challenging Mr. Brooke's statistics because Mr. Haak had indeed observed someone getting hit by a .22 bullet at high school, that came from some woods, back in 1977. Um, that would have been within the Town limits at the time and not in the rural area.

Top Bottom