• Status
    Not open for further replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Well just watched on the news that a court ruling has said New Yorks Fire Department doesnt have enough blacks. They had a captain on being interviewed and he said the city knows that blacks or minorities dont do as well taking the test because probly from educational deficiencies (the same old holding the black man down arguement). SO WHATS THE ANSWER??????

you probly guessed it: If your too dumb to pass the current test, then NO PROBLEM, we will dumb it down for you until it meats your level of retardation that way you can scoot on into a job, so the court can parade you around and show that they fight for minorities.

THE CITY IS APEALING!!!! Thank Goodness.

Talk about a crock of crap. Risking good fire fighters lives so that retarded ones can be hired just because of skin color. worry but I dont want a special olympics case watching my back if i ran into a burning building.

This pisses me off!!!

take race out of this. its a mater of making sure the best are out there doing the best!! I dont care what color you are, NO TEST should be dumbed down so you can pass it. either be the best mentaly too or you dont deserve the job. you dont think you got a fair crack at schooling growing up? well your an adult now, watch the reading effing rainbow show and pick up a da*n book stupid!

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well just watched on the news that a court ruling has said New Yorks Fire Department doesnt have enough blacks. They had a captain on being interviewed and he said the city knows that blacks or minorities dont do as well taking the test because probly from educational deficiencies (the same old holding the black man down arguement). SO WHATS THE ANSWER??????

you probly guessed it: If your too dumb to pass the current test, then NO PROBLEM, we will dumb it down for you until it meats your level of retardation that way you can scoot on into a job, so the court can parade you around and show that they fight for minorities.

Talk about a crock of crap. Risking good fire fighters lives so that retarded ones can be hired just because of skin color. worry but I dont want a special olympics case watching my back if i ran into a burning building.

This pisses me off!!!

Yep. I can tell you that I would be the FIRST person filing suit against the city and the fire department as well as the minority firefighters if there was a fire and my house burned down. :n00b:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton

This pisses me off!!!

take race out of this. its a mater of making sure the best are out there doing the best!! I dont care what color you are, NO TEST should be dumbed down so you can pass it. either be the best mentaly too or you dont deserve the job. you dont think you got a fair crack at schooling growing up? well your an adult now, watch the reading effing rainbow show and pick up a da*n book stupid!

The irony of this is amazing.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    This is a bad deal for everyone. The guy with the better score that gets passed over gets screwed. A minority that gets appointed forever has to contend with those that believe he/she didn't "earn" the position, regardless of what they actually scored. If it is indeed true that the police force, firefighter battalion, Congress, what have you, should be "reflective of the community to which they serve", then I would suggest that the NYFD engage the local schools to design an "apprenticeship/mentor" type program that would engage kids of ALL races prior to high school (which is too late for "at risk" kids) and help them prepare for a career as a firefighter. That would give plenty of time to weed out those who should NOT be trusted with the lives of the public and give those who want to serve adequate time and the attention they may need to achieve success. I don't care what color a firefighter/policeman is, but I want a dedicated, trained person in the job.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The irony of this is amazing.

Grammar+Time.jpg

If those are the only spelling and grammar mistakes you caught, I won't be asking you to proofread any papers I write either.

He still has a point. This "diversity" :poop: is ridiculous.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Based on the typical mindless prattle I see in the "General Political Discussion", I figured I better just stick with the obvious.

A lot of the stuff you missed was obvious.

I'm just saying, if you are going to be a grammar Nazi, point out everything or it just makes you look stupid. :twocents:

BTW, was E5 spitting off "mindless prattle" because he doesn't think it is right to dumb down a test for uneducated morons who can't pass it?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This is a bad deal for everyone. The guy with the better score that gets passed over gets screwed. A minority that gets appointed forever has to contend with those that believe he/she didn't "earn" the position, regardless of what they actually scored. If it is indeed true that the police force, firefighter battalion, Congress, what have you, should be "reflective of the community to which they serve", then I would suggest that the NYFD engage the local schools to design an "apprenticeship/mentor" type program that would engage kids of ALL races prior to high school (which is too late for "at risk" kids) and help them prepare for a career as a firefighter. That would give plenty of time to weed out those who should NOT be trusted with the lives of the public and give those who want to serve adequate time and the attention they may need to achieve success. I don't care what color a firefighter/policeman is, but I want a dedicated, trained person in the job.

The problem is that many people who apply for these jobs have absolutely no idea what the job requires - all they see is that firefighters work a particular shift and get paid well. The FD my wife works for recently had a hiring process. Over 500 people got applications; about 350 turned their applications in (about 270 turned in their applications _properly_ e.g. everything filled out, documents included, NOTARIZED) about 105 took the written test, and only about 48 took the PFE. Most of the rest couldn't hack the preliminaries; Lord help them if they had had to complete the actual recruit training.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    It was what, just a few years ago that this happened on the upper East coast? One of the firefighters had dyslexia and worked his butt off to pass the test and the city failed all of them because of PC diversity. This should not have a darned thing to do with skin color.

If this logic carried over to everything else, we'd have 400 pounders trying out for Ranger school and getting accepted! Then he would have to pay for two seats when jumping out of planes. Ohh, the irony....

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    A lot of the stuff you missed was obvious.

I'm just saying, if you are going to be a grammar Nazi, point out everything or it just makes you look stupid. :twocents:

BTW, was E5 spitting off "mindless prattle" because he doesn't think it is right to dumb down a test for uneducated morons who can't pass it?

What he said. And if you start correcting people's grammar on this forum, you'd better not get caught making any mistakes of your own. Unless, of course, you like being corrected in red.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It was what, just a few years ago that this happened on the upper East coast? One of the firefighters had dyslexia and worked his butt off to pass the test and the city failed all of them because of PC diversity. This should not have a darned thing to do with skin color.

If this logic carried over to everything else, we'd have 400 pounders trying out for Ranger school and getting accepted! Then he would have to pay for two seats when jumping out of planes. Ohh, the irony....

That was the case in Mass. (because I can't remember how many "s") and our Wise Latina Woman Supreme Court Judge either ruled against them in the case or refused to hear the appeal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom