• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll tell you what, If I was a black man or a minority I'd be suing who ever came up with this ruling for discrimination. Because aren't they pretty much saying that if I'm a minority I'm not smarter than a white person? :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I'll tell you what, If I was a black man or a minority I'd be suing who ever came up with this ruling for discrimination. Because aren't they pretty much saying that if I'm a minority I'm not smarter than a white person? :dunno:

Funny isnt it? The perversion of these "equality" systems are nothing more than Big Government saying "Yeah, you could never compete with Whites on a equal footing, so we'll help you and discrimminate against them."

It's very sad that this occurs.

There are studies which show a veriances between IQ & Race.
    Some dispute it over "cultural/Enviormentalism" when it comes to White & Black; However, no disputes are given when it's compared to Whites and Asians <-------- Who score significantly higher.

Personally, I think alot of tests are crap. I was an A&B student (Except for Math) however, weirdly enough Standardized testing was never a strong point to a degree of which I would be satisfied with.

I say, if a man(Women, too) can do the job, then WTH.

Just another example of race being used against Whites, of which I am obviously against.
    I just wonder when the minorities take over America if they will be as fair, loving and humble as Whites have been.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Funny isnt it? The perversion of these "equality" systems are nothing more than Big Government saying "Yeah, you could never compete with Whites on a equal footing, so we'll help you and discrimminate against them."

It's very sad that this occurs.

There are studies which show a veriances between IQ & Race.
    Some dispute it over "cultural/Enviormentalism" when it comes to White & Black; However, no disputes are given when it's compared to Whites and Asians <-------- Who score significantly higher.

Personally, I think alot of tests are crap. I was an A&B student (Except for Math) however, weirdly enough Standardized testing was never a strong point to a degree of which I would be satisfied with.

I say, if a man(Women, too) can do the job, then WTH.

Just another example of race being used against Whites, of which I am obviously against.
    I just wonder when the minorities take over America if they will be as fair, loving and humble as Whites have been.

This is not a good policy and I'm not sure if I could hold my head high, knowing that I'm a token for the city. This is what Justice Thomas' entire argument is about concerning affirmative action. Now, although I may not agree with everything he has said, no one can argue the negative repercussions from this policy, for all concerned.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    If I was ever the benficiary of AA laws, then I'd probably question my worth a lot. As a guy of Indian decent (dot not feather), I probably could have fallen into a couple categories; but I choose Engineering as a path in life, and usually they don't need AA to add more of us.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This is not a good policy and I'm not sure if I could hold my head high, knowing that I'm a token for the city. This is what Justice Thomas' entire argument is about concerning affirmative action. Now, although I may not agree with everything he has said, no one can argue the negative repercussions from this policy, for all concerned.

It seems to me that the mindset of someone who would sue his employer to get a promotion, when he didn't come in at the top of the promotion process that he and his competitors went through,would be such that he wouldn't care much about holding his head high. I have seen this happen personally (at my wife's workplace) twice - with the same person. Both times after reviewing resumes and assessing interviews, the convening authorities selected (and announced) the persons to be promoted. This individual called the convening authority's political superior and had the convening authority promote this person instead.

If I thought I was getting screwed out of a promotion at work (and if it mattered that much to me), I'd find another job that would pay better, or with a better employer.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If I was ever the benficiary of AA laws, then I'd probably question my worth a lot. As a guy of Indian decent (dot not feather), I probably could have fallen into a couple categories; but I choose Engineering as a path in life, and usually they don't need AA to add more of us.

How do you know you were never the beneficiary of AA laws? Just curious.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    How do you know you were never the beneficiary of AA laws? Just curious.

Thanks for ruining it for me. now i'll be up all night...:nailbite:

I guess I really don't know; but I was close with the admissions folks at college and asked them. They said race never played a part. For grad school my scores and work experience matched up quite well.

As for jobs, I've been offered many over phone interviews (the last name might give me away, but is just confusing for people who meet my wife - she's white). But in the places i've worked, i've never seen race come up as a subject. I got promoted to project manager back in Nov, and my VP chose me because the team and customer chose me; no HR involved.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Thanks for ruining it for me. now i'll be up all night...:nailbite:

I guess I really don't know; but I was close with the admissions folks at college and asked them. They said race never played a part. For grad school my scores and work experience matched up quite well.

As for jobs, I've been offered many over phone interviews (the last name might give me away, but is just confusing for people who meet my wife - she's white). But in the places i've worked, i've never seen race come up as a subject. I got promoted to project manager back in Nov, and my VP chose me because the team and customer chose me; no HR involved.

I don't believe Asians and asian indians are considered 'disadvantaged' as a class. You can rest easy $mooth; nobody is promoting you to fill a quota.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Que,

To bring this back to the military a little, did you ever have to take a DA photo for your promotion packet? I'm not sure what rank you achieved. When I was in, to get to E7, you had to have your picture taken in your dress greens for your promotion packet.

There was always talk of discrimination in promotions for senior ranks. The sentiment most people had when I was in was that they should do away with the DA photo and assign every candidate a number. That way those reviewing the packets would know nothing other than their achievements and qualifications for the promotion. IE, there would be no names in the packet to give away a person's race or sex. If you put the name Hernandez or Tyrelle, it's pretty much a dead give away a to the person's race. Take all that out of the equation and there would be very little room for discrimination in the process.
    ---------------------------------
    Another incidence regarding race in the workplace. I was at Methodist Hospital recently and there was a bulletin board with work stuff posted on it. There was a paper on there about how they are trying to reach a higher percentage of minorities on their staff. It made me think that if you were scoring applicants on their education, past work experience, references etc, they were giving extra points to minorities to give a higher score.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Que,

To bring this back to the military a little, did you ever have to take a DA photo for your promotion packet? I'm not sure what rank you achieved. When I was in, to get to E7, you had to have your picture taken in your dress greens for your promotion packet.

There was always talk of discrimination in promotions for senior ranks. The sentiment most people had when I was in was that they should do away with the DA photo and assign every candidate a number. That way those reviewing the packets would know nothing other than their achievements and qualifications for the promotion. IE, there would be no names in the packet to give away a person's race or sex. If you put the name Hernandez or Tyrelle, it's pretty much a dead give away a to the person's race. Take all that out of the equation and there would be very little room for discrimination in the process.
    ---------------------------------
    Another incidence regarding race in the workplace. I was at Methodist Hospital recently and there was a bulletin board with work stuff posted on it. There was a paper on there about how they are trying to reach a higher percentage of minorities on their staff. It made me think that if you were scoring applicants on their education, past work experience, references etc, they were giving extra points to minorities to give a higher score.

I don't know if Senior Enlisted promotion boards were like Officer promotion boards, but I've been told that, although they were only able to spend an average of some ridiculous number like 1 or 2 minutes on an individual promotion packet, that damned DA Photo was scrutinized for every detail. Were they looking for the attention to detail that seems to be the standard for an efficient Officer or NCO? Don't know (although that seems logical).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

I absolutely agree. It does detract from those who do honest, and hard working by the numbers and then robs them of they're honor by saying with out Government, they could not be successful.

I consider that to be more racist, evil than what a majority of those WS guys have ever said; Simply because it must obviously bare down on the psyche of the people, which again, perpetualates the inferiority/suprerority complex.

Alot of the communist ilk have done, has never been in serving the people, but the Elites, this just an example.

But watch what happens if you speak out against it, the Elitist will let the hounds after you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't know if Senior Enlisted promotion boards were like Officer promotion boards, but I've been told that, although they were only able to spend an average of some ridiculous number like 1 or 2 minutes on an individual promotion packet, that damned DA Photo was scrutinized for every detail. Were they looking for the attention to detail that seems to be the standard for an efficient Officer or NCO? Don't know (although that seems logical).

I remember the saying "if you look good, you probably are good". It was amazing how far a starched uniform and spit shined boots would get you. Nevermind the fact that cheesedick was worthless in every other aspect of soldiering.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    For our sake, we better hope not.

Quick comparison is required.

We can use Africa as an example which is readily available.

In various African Nations, Congo, Rhodasia, SouthAfrica.. All penicles of Civilizations, undoubtedly benefited black people, in terms of food, economy, education etc.

When the Nations were "turned" over to black, mainly by force, how were the white folks repaid? Genocide. Hatred. Terrorism.

We see this most availably in SouthAfrica, rape capital of the WORLD.

America, often touted as a Nation with a very evil past. But I ponder... Can Canada, any Nation of Africa boost the same number of rich Black people that America has given?

Sad fact is this, segregated America, Klan America, and dare I say Slave America, was better places than Africa was and is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Historic fact makes me question the future.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It is immaterial that the groups to which the country was turned over were Black, White, Asian, or Martian. What matters is that they were lawless hordes who had been powerless, suddenly given power, much like the child who, upon reaching his majority, decides to go celebrate the fact that he can no longer be denied entry to the bars. He promptly gets ragingly wasted and if he's lucky, only ends up at the ER, brought there by his friends, defecating upon himself because he is too inebriated to control his own body functions.

Just because we may or may not have the best record does not mean we should hope for the situation to occur to test its reverse.

My parents' home was once robbed. My apartment, many, many moons ago was robbed. In neither case was anyone injured, however I certainly felt less secure after my own home was the target than that where I lived but was not "invested".

Having been one of the people responsible for helping clean up the 21 year old lush, I would hope not to repeat any of the above scenarios again.

Blessings,
    Bill

In various African Nations, Congo, Rhodasia, SouthAfrica.. All penicles of Civilizations, undoubtedly benefited black people, in terms of food, economy, education etc.

When the Nations were "turned" over to black, mainly by force, how were the white folks repaid? Genocide. Hatred. Terrorism.

America, often touted as a Nation with a very evil past. But I ponder... Can Canada, any Nation of Africa boost the same number of rich Black people that America has given?

Sad fact is this, segregated America, Klan America, and dare I say Slave America, was better places than Africa was and is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

All you're really showing is that Man has an unbridled capability to be inhuman toward anyone who is perceived as "different" and we've been routinely enslaving one another since time immemorial. As individuals, we can all promote the concept of "equality" as opposed to "______ superiority" (fill in the blank with your favorite distinction). If enough of us truly believe that, we can have a group which holds to that belief and demonstrates it in our relations with other groups. If enough groups in our society hold to that belief, we have a societal more (moral) which holds that belief to be the standard. Sadly, every society of which I am aware has some area in which the "different" is perceived as the "inferior". Even today, in our "enlightened" society, we have folks who can't put aside the slights of 50 years ago and move on (I'm speaking of the Irish in New England, of course, and their distain for the British).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom