• Status
    Not open for further replies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Atterbury is a very nice range. Also, it's $6 per hour per lane, not per person. Only $4 if you are a Veteran. Which is nice if you take a friend or family member. It is very clean, and a great place to take you family. Buzz the lead RO is a member here.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Atterbury is a very nice range. Also, it's $6 per hour per lane, not per person. Only $4 if you are a Veteran. Which is nice if you take a friend or family member. It is very clean, and a great place to take you family. Buzz the lead RO is a member here.

Thats good to hear. I am a vet and it's only a short drive from my house. I talked to the guys at Beech Grove Firearms last week and they told me about there range coming in May. Im looking forward to that. Its always good for a cold wet day.

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    when remodeled atterbury first opened, I did not care for the way the range officers treated the shooters. I know they have to deal with all sorts and have to keep the range safe, but they do not need to treat people like they are inferior.

I know a lot of respectful, courteous, safe shooters who quit going there for this reason.

How were your recent experiences under the new management?

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's been a long time since I've been there. Are there still multiple length ranges?
    Do you need to bring your own targets? It used to be free and pretty random, kind of a free for all.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    when remodeled atterbury first opened, I did not care for the way the range officers treated the shooters. I know they have to deal with all sorts and have to keep the range safe, but they do not need to treat people like they are inferior.

I know a lot of respectful, courteous, safe shooters who quit going there for this reason.

they still have some scronny guy there with facial hair, mid 40's, that is a deusch bag. he can kiss my ass. he likes to finger **** your guns. i told him to stop last time i was there with another INGO member and friend of mine.

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    The RO's are great if you follow the rules. I thought it was done very well. And most helpful when learning to skeet shoot. One actually came out and shot along side us to help us learn. I can't stand the a-holes who dont understand that when the firing line is cold and your moving down range DONT GO TO THE FIRING TABLE. Its not cool. Take a second and gather everything you need before you move behind the yellow line. You think there strict and make you feel inferior, try a military ran RO. They'll tear you a new one. They cant please everyone.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I've been meaning to make a trip down to Atterbury one of these times I'm home on the south side but haven't yet. I've heard good things.

And I'll second the comment about try a military range. I hate to give anybody "ammo" to insult Midshipmen, being one myself..but I've been to the range at Camp Lejeune with some pretty stupid ones who like to flag people with loaded M-16's for instance..and well...it wasn't pretty. You can cut the people running ranges some slack, they probably have to deal with stuff like that more often than you'd think. Just like anybody else, they'd like to go home tonight too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I did not like the previous owners. It was a guy, can not remember his name. That had a shop in Greenwood, and the ATF shut him down. Now that the new owners took over, I go quite often when it's nice out. Everyone knows my name, and they treat me well. The only time I have seen buzz get ****ty, is when people do not follow the rules. He says them over the intercom at every cease fire. Most people like to touch the benches, when others are down range. We all know that is a safety violation. Yet some people just do not get it. As long as you follow the rules, you will have no problem.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    they still have some scronny guy there with facial hair, mid 40's, that is a deusch bag. he can kiss my ass. he likes to finger **** your guns. i told him to stop last time i was there with another INGO member and friend of mine.

You were a bit more polite than I would have been. Some people need a swift kick to the groin region. :n00b:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Compared to the old management, which was so full of itself it wasn't funny, this new management team is like a dream come true.

We've fired there many times since the new guys took over and we have always been treated with respect, and fairness on pricing. I was very glad to see the old guys go.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    The RO's are great if you follow the rules. I thought it was done very well. And most helpful when learning to skeet shoot. One actually came out and shot along side us to help us learn. I can't stand the a-holes who dont understand that when the firing line is cold and your moving down range DONT GO TO THE FIRING TABLE. Its not cool.

wrong!!!

it is cool to go to the firing table on a cold range,,,and the ro-s are pricks for saying otherwise

gun owners are going to grow up with stupid habits for thinking that this stupid rule is the way its done

you dont touch guns on a cold range,,,but you do get targets,,,pasters,,,stapler,,,ears,,,etc,,,out of your box,,,and you look through your scope at targets...

lots of clueless shooters with clueless rules who never shot a match trying to pass off stupid and bad rules as if they know what theyre talking about

atterbury sucks,,,bunch of range nazis who dont know what real shooting is....

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

How do you really feel?

I LOVE firing at Atterbury, so I'll be spending more than enough to make up for your absence. <grin>

To each his own.

I remember the old days of shooting down there, it's a miracle a dozen people didn't get shot every week. I am very happy with the new management and the rebuilt facility.

BTW...can you describe what "real shooting" is? Just curious and always willing to learn from an expert.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    wrong!!!

it is cool to go to the firing table on a cold range,,,and the ro-s are pricks for saying otherwise

gun owners are going to grow up with stupid habits for thinking that this stupid rule is the way its done

you dont touch guns on a cold range,,,but you do get targets,,,pasters,,,stapler,,,ears,,,etc,,,out of your box,,,and you look through your scope at targets...

lots of clueless shooters with clueless rules who never shot a match trying to pass off stupid and bad rules as if they know what theyre talking about

I would respectfully disagree. Atterbury is well run and a great place to take the family. The rules there are for everyone's safety and I appreciate them. Would I like to draw from a holster, sure. But there are are other places for that. For safe basic target practice, as well as nice folks, Atterbury is great. If you think they are tough, try a Marine Corps range.:patriot:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    "you dont touch guns on a cold range,,,but you do get targets,,,pasters,,,stapler,,,ears,,,etc,,,out of your box,,,and you look through your scope at targets..."

Not while I'm down range, you don't. I'm glad they call you on it. Hopefully, they tick people who want to do that off enough that they won't return.

I don't like having my back turned while someone is handling his junk!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom