Not open for further replies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    wrong!!!

it is cool to go to the firing table on a cold range,,,and the ro-s are pricks for saying otherwise

gun owners are going to grow up with stupid habits for thinking that this stupid rule is the way its done

you dont touch guns on a cold range,,,but you do get targets,,,pasters,,,stapler,,,ears,,,etc,,,out of your box,,,and you look through your scope at targets...

lots of clueless shooters with clueless rules who never shot a match trying to pass off stupid and bad rules as if they know what theyre talking about

atterbury sucks,,,bunch of range nazis who dont know what real shooting is....

I'm just going to come out and say it. The rules are to keep people like you away. When people are down range. You should be no where near the shooting bench. Why you ask? If you allow people to do so. That's when you get some moron, that decides too toy with their guns. Then someone winds up getting shot, or there is a negligent discharge, etc. Do you want people near the shooting benches when you are down range? You take your targets and stapler with you behind the yellow line. You want to look at the targets. Wait and you can go downrange and do so. Or take you binos or spotting scope behind the yellow line. The last time I was at Ceraland. There was some moron, who, without making sure the line is clear. Would just walk down range. After that, unless the range is only full of competent shooters that I personally know. Even then mistakes happen. I will no longer use a range that does not have RO's. Guess some people will never get it. Atterbury is in fact the safest range I have been too. You think they are strict? Try qualifying on a Military range. It makes Atterbury look like a episode of Barnie. If that offends you, so be it. You have a right to your opinion. However, the RO's have the right too run a safe range.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    How do you really feel?

I LOVE firing at Atterbury, so I'll be spending more than enough to make up for your absence. <grin>

To each his own.

I remember the old days of shooting down there, it's a miracle a dozen people didn't get shot every week. I am very happy with the new management and the rebuilt facility.

BTW...can you describe what "real shooting" is? Just curious and always willing to learn from an expert.

Yes, I myself would like to learn what real shooting is!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    wrong!!!

it is cool to go to the firing table on a cold range,,,and the ro-s are pricks for saying otherwise

gun owners are going to grow up with stupid habits for thinking that this stupid rule is the way its done

you dont touch guns on a cold range,,,but you do get targets,,,pasters,,,stapler,,,ears,,,etc,,,out of your box,,,and you look through your scope at targets...

lots of clueless shooters with clueless rules who never shot a match trying to pass off stupid and bad rules as if they know what theyre talking about

We all hope that you'll be more comfortable going somewhere else to shoot. :rolleyes:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You were a bit more polite than I would have been. Some people need a swift kick to the groin region. :n00b:

you probly thought I was gonna eat his children didnt you? :laugh:

Patriot Pride was standing right next to me when this happened. I think he saw my face change into different shades of red before I finally told the guy to "quit finger ****ing my ****!" there was no reason for it other than the fact he wanted to touch my rifle. i liked atterbury when it was just a dirt backstop and a wooden shack there.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would respectfully disagree. Atterbury is well run and a great place to take the family. The rules there are for everyone's safety and I appreciate them. Would I like to draw from a holster, sure. But there are are other places for that. For safe basic target practice, as well as nice folks, Atterbury is great. If you think they are tough, try a Marine Corps range.:patriot:

+1+ :yesway:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    How do you really feel?

I LOVE firing at Atterbury, so I'll be spending more than enough to make up for your absence. <grin>

To each his own.

I remember the old days of shooting down there, it's a miracle a dozen people didn't get shot every week. I am very happy with the new management and the rebuilt facility.

BTW...can you describe what "real shooting" is? Just curious and always willing to learn from an expert.

:):

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I'm just going to come out and say it. The rules are to keep people like you away. When people are down range. You should be no where near the shooting bench.

im just going to go ahead and say it...apparently you aint never shot real a match in your life...thats why you say nonsense like you do and why you dont have the first clue about what the rules are

enter the next 2700 match at mcfg so you can see how a real firing line is run...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    im just going to go ahead and say it...apparently you aint never shot real a match in your life...thats why you say nonsense like you do and why you dont have the first clue about what the rules are

enter the next 2700 match at mcfg so you can see how a real firing line is run...

So do you promise not to shoot at Atterbury anymore? I'll promise to never shoot at MCFG. Deal?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana

You're comparing apples and oranges. A pistol competition with some of the best shooters in the state compared to open shooting at a public range, at varying distances with every imaginable class of weapon are two completely different things.

If you don't like the rules, you're more than welcome to go someplace else to shoot. Nobody at Atterbury will miss you or your BS.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    wrong!!!

Their range,their rules. Don't like their rules? Don't go there to shoot,you will NOT be missed.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    You're comparing apples and oranges. A pistol competition with some of the best shooters in the state compared to open shooting at a public range, at varying distances with every imaginable class of weapon are two completely different things.

range discipline is range discipline,,,no matter where you go...

im old school,,,so i know how a real line is supposed to be run... line cold,,,hands off guns and mags you can still chalk,,,adjust your scope,,,arrange your point,,,change lenses,,,and do prep lots of reasons to be going in and out of your box

If you don't like the rules, you're more than welcome to go someplace else to shoot. Nobody at Atterbury will miss you or your BS.

cept i paid for it,,,so im also more than welcome to complain about it and get it fixed...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Their range,their rules. Don't like their rules? Don't go there to shoot,you will NOT be missed.

wrong,,,my range...that thing is public,,,

and we can all do it my way,,,and YOU will sure not be missed

as for missing me,,,the last time it went broke...because they were jerks they need all the customers they can get...

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    wrong,,,my range...that thing is public,,,

and we can all do it my way,,,and YOU will sure not be missed

as for missing me,,,the last time it went broke...because they were jerks they need all the customers they can get...

The rest of us will take a chance on Atterbury going broke without your business. You go shoot with your fellow "professionals" at whatever-the-Hell MFCG or MFGC is, and we amateurs will continue to march with the "jerks" at Atterbury. (We'll be sure to watch for you on "American Marksman".) :laugh:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    How do you really feel?

does that make any sense from a bookkeeping view??? if your going to shoot how much you shoot,,,thats how much YOU shoot... you dont add to how much YOU shoot... you are you... you being you dont help a business cover for me not coming...

I remember the old days of shooting down there, it's a miracle a dozen people didn't get shot every week.

oh yeah,,,a miracle every day... millions of rounds and nobody ever got hurt... some miracle... low bar for miracles these days... it was much better the way it was...

if you live in columbus and your a real shooter your already a member of hhrp... check your match calendar...

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN

You are comparing apples and oranges. A match is totally different than a firing line 75 yds long (guesstimate only) with one RO. If you touch your weapon at a match not at a cold table or under the direct supervision of the RO you are DQ'd.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    So everyone has to be a member of a club or shoot competition to be a real shooter?
    You a very funny person with the "all about me" syndrome.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

You are correct, I have never shot competition. Somehow that makes you think though, that I do not know about range rules. The same rules apply in the Military as they do at Atterbury. If people are down range, you do not touch a thing. Unless you are adjusting gear in a designated area. It only takes one person to start fooling with their firearms during a cease fire too ruin it for everyone. I love how some think because you do not agree with them, that they are full of non sense or clueless. I know for a fact that at the local ISPA matches. There is a designated area for you to adjust your weapon etc, not doing it on the line when others are shooting. I know Hickman and others can vouch for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom