• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    An innocent man at the cinema was tackled into a concrete wall and given irreversible brain damage after cops thought he was a suspect who had caused a disturbance.

He was 29 and had a wife. He's been in a coma for 2 years and his wife is suing the town for $25 million. It will never be enough to make up for what was done.

Innocent man has catastrophic brain damage after sheriff's deputy tackle | Mail Online

YouTube - Innocent Man In Coma After 'Hard Shove' By Police Officer

Take it easy out there cowboys. We all aren't murderers and terrorists. :n00b:

image_9add601a9b.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Accident? That was an accident?:D

I like the "probable cause" part. If we say probable cause twice that legitimates excessive force.:D

Even if you have fair probability to arrest the innocent, Chief Wiggum, you still cannot teach your officers that a body check into concrete is a reasonable seizure.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Wow. Talk about brutal, what happened to talking him or tazer. now since he got close enough to push him into the wall with such force, I would think he could have just grabbed him & detained him. Oh well again I wasn't there, but it still seems a bit too much.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I like how they said he was running....yeah.....I saw a lot of running there. Amazing how its an accident when the police do it....if I were to check someone into a wall without provocation causing irreversible brain damage, I get arrested. But I had probably cause!!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Accident my arse. Causing someone to trip inadvertently is an accident. Bum rushing a defenseless man and slamming him into a wall is assault.

That cop is an a-hole and I hope she wins her $25m suit, then uses that money to go after that cop in civil court thereby wrecking his life as he has her family's.

Such brutal force is not warranted because you *think* someone was involved in a, *gasp*, fight.

I can only hope karma catches up to that cop.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Accident my arse. Causing someone to trip inadvertently is an accident. Bum rushing a defenseless man and slamming him into a wall is assault.

That cop is an a-hole and I hope she wins her $25m suit, then uses that money to go after that cop in civil court thereby wrecking his life as he has her family's.

Such brutal force is not warranted because you *think* someone was involved in a, *gasp*, fight.

I can only hope karma catches up to that cop.

its even more sickening to hear the chief sticking up for his actions by calling it an accident.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    its even more sickening to hear the chief sticking up for his actions by calling it an accident.

That's the default response of any department. About the only time you won't see a city or department come out swinging on the cops side is if there is video showing an obvious illegal act.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    IMHO,

That wasn't an accident, that was over zealous use of force.

The dept is being sued under a 1983 suit, and the individual officer should be sued as an individual also.

And there should be some criminal charges for the officer, if it were Joe Citizen trying to affect an arrest for a criminal violation and he over reacted and did this that is one thing.

Officers are trained and should have better control of their use of force, especially for a minor offense like the one the man was suspected of, it would have been different if the man was combative or had just killed someone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You call that RESISTING?????????

I think he was being sarcastic.

Without knowing how the entire event unfolded, I can't make a judgement other than the shove. Any reasonable innocent man would answer questions and not move away. Was there contact made before they came into view of the camera? Was the guy even aware something had happened, the cops were there, and he was their prime suspect? If I saw a Leo approaching me as though he were about to tackle me and I had no idea why, I'd move away from him as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The video said the cop weighed 19 stone.

19 stone = 266 lbs.

That takedown looked like Brian Urlacher tackling an infant.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well HELL is about to freeze over again.:rolleyes: I agree with Rambone on this one. Totally uncalled for. It would be a shame for his family to suffer, but he should be sued for everything he owns, or would EVER own. Like OJ has been. And then for the guy to say it was just an accident.... accident my a**! :twocents:

Top Bottom