• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I'm sure everyone is clamoring for your educated and well thought out opinion.

yeah,,,and im taking it easy on you... all over the internet,,,everyone is saying a lot of truthful and insulting things about cops... this place is a cakewalk for cops compared to most other sites...

nobodys waiting around for the opinion from your side,,,not any more... weve waited a long time for you to clean up your act and it dont work... things are only getting worse...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    yeah,,,and im taking it easy on you... all over the internet,,,everyone is saying a lot of truthful and insulting things about cops... this place is a cakewalk for cops compared to most other sites...

nobodys waiting around for the opinion from your side,,,not any more... weve waited a long time for you to clean up your act and it dont work... things are only getting worse...

:rolleyes:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Should it make sense that the actions of a crazy person in Arizona should impact what accessories I can legally purchase for my rifle? Police Sheriff Dupnik thinks so.

This officer deserves life in prison. Sorry for your mistake, that measure would ensure a mistake like that could never be carried out by that criminal again.

+1 on this post. Would rep you but have to spread it around a little first.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

whats this all about,,,your missing all the intelligent and reasoned responses,,,everyone hates cops cuz they done messed up too much...,,.the whole internet nows it..,.,,.,i no how much cops care about,,.,.,what a guy on the internet,,,,with no le experience thinks about police tactics..,,,,...,,,..,

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    How's that?

Ill take a stab at what I think it means.

I am not by any means a cop-basher, I have great respect for those of you in this field and know the dangers involved in your line of work.

With that said, i think cops have to easy. What I mean by this is when they do make a mistake, they seem to get off either entirely free or with a minor slap on the wrist PAID suspension. Take the IMPD fiasco over the drunk officer and the excessive force complaint a while back. Didnt a merit board clear the officer in the excessive force act and reinstate him? Weren't charges initially dropped then refiled just recently.(i'm not following the IMPD cases very close, someone correct me if i'm wrong) This has been going on way too long. I'm sorry, but whatever happened to the old saying "No one is above the law?"
    Seems to me that cops(SOME NOT ALL) are abusing their powers, violating peoples rights and welfare and are getting away with it because of legal sounding terms like probable cause or the suspect was resisting law enforcement. The punishment for these officer is definitely not fitting the crime here. Until cops that chose to exceed the boundaries of their powers are brought to justice and held accountable for their actions, then this will continue. Sure, you say the department will pay in the end because of the suit. But how is that justice when the department's fund come from the taxpayers????!!!! basically the taxpayers are getting screwed twice. 1st, they have a lousy abusive cop on their hands plus now they will be footing the bill for the man injured by this officer. And he gets to keep his job?! This is not right by any means. The officer himself needs to be fired, his certification from what ever law enforcement academy he went through needs to be revoked and he should at the minimum be charged criminally with assault and battery. Until these types of cops start realizing that they cant do whatever they please just cause they have a badge, then innocent people will suffer as a result and us taxpayers will continue to pay out the legal ramifications of their actions.

Now, I am by no means saying that all cops act in abusive ways. As with any job, there are bad apples. But as have been pointed out, police are designed to protect and serve the community. Actions by officers such as this, the officer who held ATFconsumer in cuffs for no reason, officer who abuse their power and officers who do not know the very laws they are to enforce are causing just as much of an issue as convicted felons and other criminals who assualt innocent people. My point is that innocent people are having to worry not only about criminals harming them, but those who are supposed to protect them from the criminals as well. Surely, there is a way for LEOs to protect us without harming us innocent people in the process or abusing their power.

So in answer to the question of "that remains to be seen"
    how are we as the public to trust the police when situations like this are becoming more and more frequent?

Rant over :patriot:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A bit of an update to this story. Nothing was ever done to the officer in this case. His superiors said they were OK with his actions, as did the prosecutor. Even though it cost the taxpayers $10 million. A local station filed a freedom of information request and got the cops files. Seems like he has a history of complaints and use of force. And the department isn't prepared to do anything about him. Maybe after he paralyses or kills someone else they'll be obliged to get rid of him.
    Video of the news piece at the source.

Cop who paralyzed man for life continues to be violent | Cop Block

Last edited:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Wow, overuse of force.

Phylo, there are more good LEO's than bad, but guess who gets the press. Plus it seems to be increasing all across the country and the standard department line is either "it was an accident" or "officer safety was a concern". Departments all across the country need to take a step back and figure out how to put a stop to all excessive force before it becomes a true "us vs. them" scenario. If the activity continues at current levels or increases I fear that a public reprisal will occur at the scene and escalate terribly.

Departments need to start holding negligent officers accountable, drop the blue line defense of these officers who overstep their authority at the cost of human life. In this case, even though the man is alive, his life is over. Put him with the wood whittler who is dead and that is two cases of an officer being judge, jury, and executioner of innocent men. Add all the others and you should be able to see why LEO's are being held in a bad light.

For all the Officers doing their job correctly day in and day out, I thank you. For the Officers who abuse their authority because they wear a badge, the time has come and passed for you to be put in with the rest of the people caught breaking the laws.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    It must be nice to have no consequences for your actions, and when something like this happens somehow it is always "justified" or "within policy".

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    If I haven't done anything wrong, and ANYONE physically attacks me like that, I have "probable cause" to defend myself. Cop or not, nobody has the right to assault me that way.
    If I'm guilty of something, all bets are off.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A bit of an update to this story. Nothing was ever done to the officer in this case. His superiors said they were OK with his actions, as did the prosecutor. Even though it cost the taxpayers $10 million. A local station filed a freedom of information request and got the cops files. Seems like he has a history of complaints and use of force. And the department isn't prepared to do anything about him. Maybe after he paralyses or kills someone else they'll be obliged to get rid of him.
    Video of the news piece at the source.

Cop who paralyzed man for life continues to be violent | Cop Block

Wow. Beating up jaywalkers. This guy is the definition of a jack-booted thug. He's a ****ing delinquent sociopath that gets off on power and sadistic use of force. Listening to his superiors make excuse after excuse for this piece of trash criminal really makes me lose my faith in the system.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Wow. Beating up jaywalkers. This guy is the definition of a jack-booted thug. He's a ****ing delinquent sociopath that gets off on power and sadistic use of force. Listening to his superiors make excuse after excuse for this piece of trash criminal really makes me lose my faith in the system.

So you're saying you still have some faith in the government?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So you're saying you still have some faith in the government?

Yes, a little. I actually like to think that not everybody employed by the state is a sadistic freak. But Seattle is apparently a cesspool of sadistic freaks.

That dimwitted sheriff is enabling them and making excuses for the criminals on her watch.

We have Ian Birk, the woodcarver slayer.

2014000402.jpg

These idiots made national news for beating up a 15-year-old girl in a jail cell.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNUDffgRxs[/ame]

Then there were these thugs stomping on an innocent man's head yelling racial slurs at him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-aCVrG-M_0[/ame]

And there's more where that came from. Seattle needs to be cleaned out. Get these Gestapo bastards locked up and quit terrorizing the public. Get somebody interested in justice to watch over these animals.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom