• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm going to 9mm and 45acp as my two handgun calibers. Doing away with 40 so I can shoot more at more reasonable cost. Since current ccw is a G23 and I'll be selling that, now I'll have to choose between 9 and 45 for ccw. I'm still a little skeptical of stopping power of 9mm despite bullet technology which has gotten a lot better. I'm thinking of sig p220 carry or p227 carry. Any advice on choice of weapon?

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I carried a full size 1911 for awhile, but it was too uncomfortable and I'm a medium size build, so it printed on me. I got a Springfield XD45compact. I got a good crossbreed holster and a thick belt. It is easy to conceal. A little heavy with a full mag, but it does the trick.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The P227 is a big heavy pistol. If a 1911 government model is too heavy for you the P227 would be as well.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've packed around a full size Hk usp45 a couple times and it wasn't too bad. The weight didn't bother me at all. It's just a big gun. I'm thinking along the lines of a 4" barrel and 8-10rd capacity. I've looked and fingered a G30s but I don't shoot glocks near as well as sigs or Hk. Never shot an M&P. I think it's striker fired pistol that don't like me

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've packed around a full size Hk usp45 a couple times and it wasn't too bad. The weight didn't bother me at all. It's just a big gun. I'm thinking along the lines of a 4" barrel and 8-10rd capacity. I've looked and fingered a G30s but I don't shoot glocks near as well as sigs or Hk. Never shot an M&P. I think it's striker fired pistol that don't like me

That is a Polymer framed gun. Very light compared to full metal frame gun.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    P220 with Hogue grips (being a little bit fatter) fit your hand better. You can get a Carry conversion slide and then figure which one you like best. (Carry Slide or Full Slide)

Top Bottom