• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Weight has little relevance with a good carry rig. BELT, holster and mag carrier balance and pull into the body to easily cover with a SS 1911.

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    I also have a XDM 3.8 (and 4.5) in .45. I can't say enough good about them. For the price, I dare say you can't buy a better gun. Match grade barrel, a smooth and crisp trigger, 13+1 capacity. I target shoot the 4.5 and now EDC the 3.8 with the compact mag in (9 rnd).

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Unless it's a Glock, right CM?? :stickpoke:

Actually I just went to the range Saturday with a friend. I thought my friend's full sized Glock in 45 ACP handled better than my Sig Ultra Compact 1911 in 45 ACP. Don't hate me though, I am just a girl. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The difference between the P220 carry vs full sized is negligible. I carry the full sized P220 routinely with no issues.

However, I question your logic of switching from a Glock you own to a Sig you don't in order to save money shooting. Figure in the cost of switching guns, holsters, magazines, etc. Then figure, unless things have changed, .45 is more expensive than .40.

If you really want to save money shooting, look into reloading.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just a thought...but why not just get a 9mm conversion barrel for your G-23 and a few mags? The 1/2mm thicker sidewalls will handle pressures better and the Storm Lake (which I have) makes the G-23 an incredibly accurate pistol!

As far as a .45 acp is concerned...I have a G-36 that will shoot the 'X' out of the target and leave the 9-ring intact with 25 shots at 21'/7m...witnessed and replicated! I have yet to see someone with a 5" 1911 do that! Thin, compact, accurate as heck...great little .45 acp pistol!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Due to my short & fluffy body, a 5" 1911 / Glock / H&K USPS just aren't comfortable to carry. I have been carrying a 4" Springfield Armory Champion for the better part of a decade, but have recently moved to also working a 4" 9mm into my EDC rotation. My rotation will include my Champion, an XD9 4-INCH, and a 4.25 9mm M&P...

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The difference between the P220 carry vs full sized is negligible. I carry the full sized P220 routinely with no issues.However, I question your logic of switching from a Glock you own to a Sig you don't in order to save money shooting. Figure in the cost of switching guns, holsters, magazines, etc. Then figure, unless things have changed, .45 is more expensive than .40.If you really want to save money shooting, look into reloading.
    I have 9mm pistols to shoot for fun to help keep costs down. Until a couple weeks ago all I had was pistols in 40 and 45. I'll shoot the 9's more often based on cost/round. Since I'm getting out of 40, I'll have to choose between 9 and 45 as my EDC caliber. I trust 45 much more. If I keep just 1 gun in 40 then I'll feel the need to stockpile for that caliber and I don't want to do that. Rather just stockpile for 9 and 45

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have 9mm pistols to shoot for fun to help keep costs down. Until a couple weeks ago all I had was pistols in 40 and 45. I'll shoot the 9's more often based on cost/round. Since I'm getting out of 40, I'll have to choose between 9 and 45 as my EDC caliber. I trust 45 much more. If I keep just 1 gun in 40 then I'll feel the need to stockpile for that caliber and I don't want to do that. Rather just stockpile for 9 and 45

I wish I knew what stockpile was. I have 3,000 rounds of nine on hand and that is all spoken for in classes alone in the next couple of months.

As far as switching to 9 and .45 from .40, I have done the same thing. What I wouldn't worry about though is any noticeable difference in effectiveness between the two rounds. If you want to carry a .45 because you want to, that is a-ok. If you are doing it because of some perceived advantage over the 9 in the street performance arena, you are just chasing your tail.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    As far as switching to 9 and .45 from .40, I have done the same thing. What I wouldn't worry about though is any noticeable difference in effectiveness between the two rounds. If you want to carry a .45 because you want to, that is a-ok. If you are doing it because of some perceived advantage over the 9 in the street performance arena, you are just chasing your tail.

This is just crazy talk from a non-believer. When God gave his devoted servant, John Moses Browning (note the middle name, heathens), the design for His gun (note the capitalization of His, heathens), the soul-taking, heaven-populating 1911, He specified .45ACP as the cartridge. Not some silly cartridge measured in metric silliness, the .45ACP. Thus. Endeth. the Lesson.

Amen.

Hallelujah.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I carry the best of both worlds... Commander slide on an Officers frame. 45acp representin'.

Not carry for sure. I did get "Caught" shooting Glumanz Glock at MCF&G much to my never ending embarrassment (Jagee you Biatch) as he posted up the pics.
    There may or may not be similar incriminating photos of me in someone else's possession.
    But I will cut a ho.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is just crazy talk from a non-believer. When God gave his devoted servant, John Moses Browning (note the middle name, heathens), the design for His gun (note the capitalization of His, heathens), the soul-taking, heaven-populating 1911, He specified .45ACP as the cartridge. Not some silly cartridge measured in metric silliness, the .45ACP. Thus. Endeth. the Lesson.

Amen.

Hallelujah.

Amen! :lol:

Top Bottom