• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Dude. Double stacked .45 in that clunky frame... I can't (with a proper grip) reach the trigger safety.
    Gotta scootch my whole grip around just to send it. Dude that sucks donkey.

Well I ain' completely bias'd......:rolleyes:

An' I DID git ta fondle the Holy Grail recently.....:rockwoot:

'nuther member's enjoy'n the lil' Mustang now, tho.....:facepalm:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I carried an old school COLT officers model for years, until prices went crazy and a man wanted to give me an obscene amount of money for it. It was a comfortable pistol to carry SOB or 4oclock inside waistband. I felt the shorter and easier to conceal grip frame was worth giving up one round mag capacity.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The most carried gun I own is a Kimber Compact 1911. It's been a great gun and always goes bang when I pull the trigger. In the last 6 months or so, I've migrated to carrying a full size 1911 though because I just like shooting the full size guns more and I tend to shoot them better. I spent most of last year carrying a Glock 23 and it's a great gun, but once I let go of my fear of carrying a gun with less than 14 rounds, I realized that the 1911 is the best gun for me. When I do carry a 9mm, it's either a Glock 19 or a CZ 75 Compact. The CZ is about as nice a shooting platform as you can find but it's hard to beat a Glock for concern free carry. I do have a couple of beater 1911s that I don't sweat the dings and scratches on too much, but I don't worry about them on a Glock at all.

If you comfortable with having only 8 rounds of .45 on tap for instant use, then it's really hard to beat a compact 1911. If you are thinking of going with a 9mm, then you would probably be happy with the G19 since you already have a holster and are familiar with the feel of the gun from your G23 experience.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I'm going to 9mm and 45acp as my two handgun calibers. Doing away with 40 so I can shoot more at more reasonable cost. Since current ccw is a G23 and I'll be selling that, now I'll have to choose between 9 and 45 for ccw. I'm still a little skeptical of stopping power of 9mm despite bullet technology which has gotten a lot better. I'm thinking of sig p220 carry or p227 carry. Any advice on choice of weapon?

Hi! If I may share my experience. I had a P220 for a while and liked it just fine. It carried well and shot great, but I just never fell in love with it. I did the same thing you are doing and consolidated my ammo selections to 9mm and .45 a few years ago.

Finding a good midsized .45 that is reasonable to shoot and still reliable can be tricky. I tried a G36 and didn't like it, so I traded for a G26 and I am much happier now. For a mid sized .45 a Commander length slide 1911 on an Officer frame is very hard to beat IMHO.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    When I carried .45 it was always government sized 1911. I recently got a good trade on a G36 and I am surprised by how much I like it. I definitely shoot it better than any other glock I've shot. I'm not certain why yet, though.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Do you like the LTC. We had some bad luck with the one we had.

I have been very happy with mine. I purchased it used for a very good price. It has a little finish wear on the slide from being carried in a Yaqui slide type holster by the previous owner, but has functioned 100% with PMC Starfire 230 JHP's and with my cast lead practice hand loads (200gr and 230gr both). I don't know what the total round count for the gun is, but I've put about 400 down the pipe with no failures at all.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I would recommend the sig p250c in 45acp. Very comfortable in the hand. Very underrated gun. If you don't like dao pistols wait for the p320 c in 45 to come out later this year. I hear it has a nice trigger.
    The 250 is very affordable. I personally can't decide between cz75 p07, sig p250c, or cz 75BD.
    Looks like we both have decisions to make.

Top Bottom