En masse, Connecticut gun owners defy registration law.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nice to know that the sheep are still out-numbered in CT. Not much the politicians who passed that law can do to look good at this point. Maybe it's still a risky business to be a communist in CT after all.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    What's next, will the ruling class respond to defiance by sending out their "heavies"? Lexington &Concord aren't far from there

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    What's next, will the ruling class respond to defiance by sending out their "heavies"? Lexington &Concord aren't far from there

11 miles from me. The town wouldn't allow guns at a planned 2nd ammendment rally. So apparently no one went. I am pleasently shocked by the CT folks. No way MA would respond that way. Some people would would move north, further isolating law abiding owners.
    Wow still surprised by CT. I have never met anyone from CT that was pro 2A.

Maybe collective punishment pisses people off?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unpopular laws often do not get obeyed. If the disobedience is widespread, the cops are not able to enforce the law. They may make a show of it but it means that the law is worthless.

To elevate this up a notch, there is civil disobedience where people openly disobey the law, forcing LE to arrest them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I posted this in another thread, but it seems appropriate to put it here, too.

I really wanna feel for gun owners in Connecticut, but I wonder how many off them got off their fat asses and called their legislators when the bill was being debated. If they had been involved when the time was appropriate, they wouldn't be felons now (and unjustly or not, they ARE felons). We keep saying that "this is a wake up call for the politicians", but somehow it's not a wake up call for the voters.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Personally, I think it is great, and is proof of what happens when legislators we elect do not listen to "We the People". They just made (Conservative estimate) 150,000 law abiding citizens criminals with the stroke of a pen..........if thats not Tyranny, I don't know what is.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a solution in search of a problem. And they're not felons until tried and convicted.

One of the reasons that civil disobedience works is that you can overwhelm the system. If the people have to arrest thousands of people who openly disobey the law then the courts can not deal with it. There is not enough jail space nor prisons. When it is your neighbor, some who is seen as a good guy, often there are others who call the political leaders and demand that the laws be changed.

The secret is being organized. And disciplined.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Once the state starts arresting people it's a win-win for the lawyers, so I'm watching to see how long it goes before judges issue the first search warrants.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once the state starts arresting people it's a win-win for the lawyers, so I'm watching to see how long it goes before judges issue the first search warrants.
    again scare tactics. pick off a few in hopes that the rest fall into line.

Not so easy if people are organized and do organized protests. Also have a call system so that others can show up to a house if the police arrive. Make every situation get out of control.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Personally, I think it is great, and is proof of what happens when legislators we elect do not listen to "We the People". They just made (Conservative estimate) 150,000 law abiding citizens criminals with the stroke of a pen..........if thats not Tyranny, I don't know what is.

They did listen to the people, the people wanted something done, it looks like the gun owners didnt talk to their reps in CT

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They did listen to the people, the people wanted something done, it looks like the gun owners didnt talk to their reps in CT

That or they got out voted or they voted for these guys with this being low on their priority list. Many "conservatives" back east are still quite liberal.

Top Bottom