• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    If you come here on a visa to work as a waiter (which I really don't believe that)you work as a waiter, If you come here on a student visa or go to school on that visa, I would guess Visas have the amount of time you can stay here legally, then they expire....They might give you some extra time, but if you want to stay here legally you go back to your home country and apply or maybe get married to an american....then you still have to get another visa until you get your citizenship....you never said your friend became a us citizen.

People wait tables for years....in a good place you can take home 300 bucks a day. Better than 22 bucks an hour.

What? Do you think that it is necessary for a foreigner to leave the USA and get a new visa every time they get a new job? I genuinely don't understand your obsession with his friend. It sounds to me like this man came here for what we would consider a bad job, but it was still a step up for him. He later improved himself and moved up in the world. Now he is a financially independent and responsible guy with a good job. Isn't this what we should want our immigrants to do?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Some reading comprehension ability, and the knowledge to discern fact from belief would help this thread immensely. No amount of added cowbell can salvage it at this point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I've never asked him his residency status. You going to show me your papers when I ask for them?

I started as a laborer for this same company and 3 months later, I was a welder. Within 6 years, I was a maintenance trainee. In 13 years, I got into automation. Some people don't remain laborers or waiters for their entire lives while *****ing about the man or foreigners keeping them down.

Tell me more about these rich waiters living high on the hog.

Well then what if he is here illegally...is that ok with you. Go to any high end restaurant and you can see one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    What? Do you think that it is necessary for a foreigner to leave the USA and get a new visa every time they get a new job? I genuinely don't understand your obsession with his friend. It sounds to me like this man came here for what we would consider a bad job, but it was still a step up for him. He later improved himself and moved up in the world. Now he is a financially independent and responsible guy with a good job. Isn't this what we should want our immigrants to do?

I do believe if you come to the US to work for a company that visa is to work for that company...not come here and just get lost....but that seems to be the way it works. There are laws that say exactly what you need to do when you have a change. Waiting tables is not a bad job***I just don't believe people get visas to be waiters... plenty of them already here...even Moroccan waiters. You are the one who said it is hard to get a visa, even for your clients who want to expand their studies. I think you said PHD and doctrines...yet they just hand over visas to be waiters...don't all add up.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well then what if he is here illegally...is that ok with you. Go to any high end restaurant and you can see one.

I don't know if he's legal or not. I don't make it my business to ask every person I meet their residency status. Would you show anyone who asked your birth certificate to prove your citizenship?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know if he's legal or not. I don't make it my business to ask every person I meet their residency status. Would you show anyone who asked your birth certificate to prove your citizenship?

Well, if I were running for President I.......

wait......

nevermind......

that's no longer a requirement.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I do believe if you come to the US to work for a company that visa is to work for that company...not come here and just get lost....but that seems to be the way it works. There are laws that say exactly what you need to do when you have a change. Waiting tables is not a bad job***I just don't believe people get visas to be waiters... plenty of them already here...even Moroccan waiters. You are the one who said it is hard to get a visa, even for your clients who want to expand their studies. I think you said PHD and doctrines...yet they just hand over visas to be waiters...don't all add up.

I will try this AGAIN. There is a part of Epcot Center called the World Showcase where about 10 different countries are represented. Each of those countries has restaurants and exhibits representing the country. Disney recruits people from those represented countries to staff their respective countries. If you book a reservation to eat at the high end Japanese restaurant, do you want Cletus as your waiter?

I guess Walt Disney's purpose for the World Showcase was to export Moroccan terrorists to kill us all

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    That's strange because out of the 50 or so guys in my department, every single one of them is a white male except for the Moroccan. Last I knew, we were still looking for more and can't get anyone to apply. It's not a Cush union shop so maybe all of those poor downtrodden white male skilled trades guy don't want to work here.

What do you mean cush union shop? Not all union workers are slugs who sit around all day. I would like to know, what do you have against a union worker?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What do you mean cush union shop? Not all union workers are slugs who sit around all day. I would like to know, what do you have against a union worker?

There are those complaining my Moroccan friend is taking a skilled trades job from an American worker. We still have un filled maintenance jobs so whose job did my friend take? How are there skilled tradesman out of work when there are job openings out there? They too good to work at my non union shop?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    nor am i a member of any type of group. i am an individual

I can assure you 100% certainty that there are people out there who will happily assign you to a group labeled "gun enthusiast", and encourage their government to hunt you down and, if you refuse comply with their demands, lock you up or kill you or whatever else they choose.

Why you people can't understand that governments can't be allowed to have those kinds of powers ever, for any reason, I cannot wrap my mind around.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    There is a part of Epcot Center called the World Showcase where about 10 different countries are represented. Each of those countries has restaurants and exhibits representing the country. Disney recruits people from those represented countries to staff their respective countries. If you book a reservation to eat at the high end Japanese restaurant, do you want Cletus as your waiter?

It's not like Disney doesn't hire Cletus for their restaurants. When we dined at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom, the waiter was from Kokomo, IN, not an Ibo tribesman, but I get your point.

I guess Walt Disney's purpose for the World Showcase was to export Moroccan terrorists to kill us all.
    Since Walt died years before WDW opened, and Epcot opened years after that, I don't think he made many of the hiring decisions.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's not like Disney doesn't hire Cletus for their restaurants. When we dined at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom, the waiter was from Kokomo, IN, not an Ibo tribesman, but I get your point.

Since Walt died years before WDW opened, and Epcot opened years after that, I don't think he made many of the hiring decisions.

There are people from all over the country and world employed there. Their name tags say where they're from.

I've tried explaining umpteen times how a Moroccan gets a job as a waiter at Disney World and its not sinking in for some people.

How he got from a waiter at Epcot in Florida to a maintenance man in Lafayette, IN, I don't know. If Joe Schmoe asked me on the street to see my ltch because I was carrying, I'd tell them to get bent. As a culture, most of us believe that we are free to move about without having to show our papers. I feel that way and I won't do to my friend what I don't want done to me.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    What does it matter to you if they're an immigrant? If they come to this country, work hard, contribute to society, pay taxes, and go about legally obtaining their citizenship I don't see why anyone should have a problem with them. Trying to claim they're taking jobs from Americans is ridiculous. There are not enough skilled American workers out there to fill open jobs.

Even if they're here illegally, as long as they work hard and contribute to society I have no problem with them. Do I wish they would go through the citizenship process? Yes. Do I wish the citizenship process was easier so they would be more likely to go through it rather than hop the fence? Yes. At the end of the day, though, the immigrants in this country form the backbone of our labor force. Always have, always will. You would do good to read up on your American history.

Top Bottom