• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why not profile the 100+ other WHITE people standing there?

Because whitey does not have a long and distinguished track record of blowing things up?:dunno:

Look, as a white guy, I understand that people who look like me have the market cornered on serial killings, mash shootings, hockey, etc. If I were of middle eastern descent, I think I would understand that people who bear a resemblance to me are known worldwide for their proclivity for blowing things up. While both cases only represent a tiny fraction of our given populations, the people who investigate the cases have to start somewhere.

This investigation has a limited number of resources. Those resources must be used in the most efficient manner possible to find those responsible as quickly as possible. Is rounding up a hundred random white guys going to be a productive use of time and manpower? Probably not. Is tracking down every person wearing a backpack before the explosion? Maybe.

When I get that list, and have to start rounding them up for questioning; guy #1 is Bobby O'Malley from South Boston and guy #2 is Muhammad Alawi Husain of Saudi Arabia, who should I look for first? Is that racial profiling? Should I be ashamed of myself?

Bobby could be the guy we are looking for. He could be a far right, white supremacist nut-bag who hates the fact that Kenyans dominate marathons. But like any number of other choices we make in our daily lives, you have to play the odds.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If an abortion clinic is bombed, I would look for a white Christian. If a cross was burned in a black person's yard. I would look for a white guy with ties to the Klan, skinheads, etc. If some Amish guy gets his beard cut off, I will look at the other Amishman in the area. Profiling is just common sense policing.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I get what you're saying and that makes sense, however my question is why is a Saudi at the scene of a bombing anymore suspicious than a white guy at the scene of a bombing? Timothy McVeigh blew up a building, he was white. Eric Robert Rudolph set a bomb in Centennial Park in 1996, he was white. My point isn't that the Saudi guys should be cleared and we should go after every white person there. My point is that we can't say that just because he was a Saudi, he was involved. I bet if you look at the route of the race, there were many middle eastern people there. In pictures around that area, I've seen about 6 middle easterners. Odds are higher that it was a white person, given all things are equal because there were more white people are there. Most people however want to demonize the few middle easterners there due to what someone else from the middle east did.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Like I said, it's fair to ask everyone around what they saw, but to label them suspicious just because they are Saudis where a bomb went off is ludicrous. You act like a white person has never bombed anywhere before and that it's only middle easterners that are bombing us. What was Timothy McVeigh again? Do I care about political correctness? No, but I do believe in equality of people. If they were spotted with a bag in one photo and nothing later, I would consider that suspicious. If they were photographed with nothing in any photos, they aren't that suspicious just because of their skin color. This isn't 1960.

FWIW:: I haven't seen one picture of him with a bag, let alone one of him or his friends with a bag and then without a bag.

Is it racial profiling, or common sense?

People that follow your train of though are the reason; we have the 7 billion dollar a year TSA, and grannies and children getting molested by them.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I get what you're saying and that makes sense, however my question is why is a Saudi at the scene of a bombing anymore suspicious than a white guy at the scene of a bombing? Timothy McVeigh blew up a building, he was white. Eric Robert Rudolph set a bomb in Centennial Park in 1996, he was white. My point isn't that the Saudi guys should be cleared and we should go after every white person there. My point is that we can't say that just because he was a Saudi, he was involved.

And we didn't say that. That's your strawman response along with politically correct douchyness and handwringing thrown in.

I bet if you look at the route of the race, there were many middle eastern people there. In pictures around that area, I've seen about 6 middle easterners.
    How did you determine that? Check their passports? Look who's "racial profiling" now.

Odds are higher that it was a white person, given all things are equal because there were more white people are there. Most people however want to demonize the few middle easterners there due to what someone else from the middle east did.
    All things aren't equal. Saudis have been involved in a disproportionate number of high profile terrorist acts. No one is asking to waterboard them.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    The Saudis may very well not be involved as they were with 9/11 and I certainly would not want anyone of any nationality to be falsely accused, but I would sure like to know the real reason that Obama's schedule was changed to include a meeting with the Saudi ambassador and the Saudi man whose apartment was search and whose family has strong ties to Al Queda was wisked out of the coutry for national security reasons. It could be as simple as sending him home for his own safety, but that would imply that we could not protect him from harm which is certainly not the case. Kerry seems to be acting a little odd too, moreso than usual. I think that they are just circling the wagons until they come up with some consistent spin on the situation that no one will believe except for the true Obamabots. Tim McVeigh's co-conspirator, Terry Nicols?, supposedly learned was funded by and learned to make his bombs by a person from the mid-east with terrorist ties when they met a couple of times in the Phillipines, if I remember correctly. There are some white guys out there with an axe to grind, but the signficance of the date does not fit with me for some reason for a white guy to do such a thing. Just my two cents.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    And we didn't say that. That's your strawman response along with politically correct douchyness and handwringing thrown in.

How did you determine that? Check their passports? Look who's "racial profiling" now.

All things aren't equal. Saudis have been involved in a disproportionate number of high profile terrorist acts. No one is asking to waterboard them.

Yeah? My douchyness? Thanks for showing that you don't care about other sides of the argument, just being correct and making others feel dumb for disagreeing. As you said, what I perceive to be sarcastically, why should Saudis hanging out be suspicious? I don't see any problem with them hanging out at the marathon. Some people around here are ready to go all Superman on these guys for "being Saudi at the scene of a bombing." I am what people perceive to be a "higher threat" for bombing an abortion clinic. So if I'm around an abortion clinic with 1000 other people, should I be looked at because I match some profiler's description of who he thinks may be behind the bombing? As a gun owner, should I expect being harassed by someone because I'm a white guy with a gun?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Undoubtedly those guys in the photos have seen the photos labeling them as persons of interest.

If one of those guys was me, I would certainly come forward and say "Hey that's me in the photo but I didn't have anything to do with it." Just to help the investigation.

Why haven't they done this?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yeah? My douchyness? Thanks for showing that you don't care about other sides of the argument, just being correct and making others feel dumb for disagreeing.

If the shoe fits, wear it. It's for the children.

As you said, what I perceive to be sarcastically, why should Saudis hanging out be suspicious? I don't see any problem with them hanging out at the marathon.

Unless they're at the scene when it blows up.

Some people around here are ready to go all Superman on these guys for "being Saudi at the scene of a bombing."

Because Saudis are never at the scene of bombings?

I am what people perceive to be a "higher threat" for bombing an abortion clinic. So if I'm around an abortion clinic with 1000 other people, should I be looked at because I match some profiler's description of who he thinks may be behind the bombing?

I don't know, did the clinic blow up while you were there?

As a gun owner, should I expect being harassed by someone because I'm a white guy with a gun?

I don't know, did you have a gun while at the scene of a shooting? You don't think that should prompt any questions?

And how, again, did you figure who was Middle Eastern in the photos?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'll just leave this here.

Exclusive: Saudi National Once Considered

1. One source at the FBI and another at the Saudi Embassy referred to the student as connected to an important Saudi family.

2. An "event" was created on this guy three days ago. An event is a file. The file contains his deportation record and the reason he is being deported. According to ICE the reason is under section 212 3B -- "Security and related grounds" -- "Terrorist activities"

3. His visa has been revoked.

4. The FBI said a file was started "just in case he was found to be connected to the crime," however, the file shows he was scheduled to be deported. This was not a precaution, it was in "orders."

5. One source said they believe a "voluntary" departure has been signed -- that means the Saudi Student could be out of the country as early as today.

6. The file was immediately classified. We believe the deportation order will be classified as well -- requiring a FOIA to get it.

7. The story was going to be "he wanted to go home," however he was actually being deported.

8. Our source said the FBI believes the Saudi student is tied to 2 to 3 more people.

9. Our source said this "looks like they were trying to make this a 'lone wolf' crime so, the Saudi government would be spared embarrassment and the U.S. would avoid explaining how a terror cell was active when we had AQ on the run."

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Undoubtedly those guys in the photos have seen the photos labeling them as persons of interest.

If one of those guys was me, I would certainly come forward and say "Hey that's me in the photo but I didn't have anything to do with it." Just to help the investigation.

I'd lawyer up, if it were me.

No matter how bad the investigators want to solve it, they wouldn't be dragging me and my family through the mud without an experienced legal representative documenting everything.

Richard Jewel wanted to help, too.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    That is the most hilarious claim yet. If the inventor and current practitioner of Manifest Destiny doesn't blow stuff up, no one does.

:D

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they're still in shock from everything that has happened. Maybe they did it. Maybe they don't surf news websites, I know I didn't until recently. I avoid a lot of news on purpose. Maybe they are busy with school or work. I don't know, it could be a whole list of reasons.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Because whitey does not have a long and distinguished track record of blowing things up?:dunno:

Whoah tiger, white people in fact do have a tremendous long and distinguished track record of blowing things up. Us crackers might not be perfect, but if you want something blown up good and proper, call casper. :yesway:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If the shoe fits, wear it. It's for the children.

Unless they're at the scene when it blows up.

Because Saudis are never at the scene of bombings?

I don't know, did the clinic blow up while you were there?

I don't know, did you have a gun while at the scene of a shooting? You don't think that should prompt any questions?

And how, again, did you figure who was Middle Eastern in the photos?

The children are always the most important, even above individual liberties and God given rights. Amidoinitrite?

So were a lot of other people, what makes them more suspicious than any other person there?

Yep, only Saudis are at the scene of bombings. Right?

Yep, along with numerous other people.

Doesn't matter, we are criminalized for the fact that we carry guns, which is what James Holmes (a white guy) and Adam Lanza (a white guy), used to commit mass murders. We are still criminalized because we match the description of people who took innocent lives. These guys match the description of people who took innocent lives, and you are criminalizing them. You, sir, are no better than the anti-gunners.

Of course, I believe they should be questioned. Not because of their skin color, but because they were at the scene of a bombing, everyone there should be questioned as to what they saw, not what they were doing there.

Not profiling them, just guessing as to what general region they are from. Could I be wrong? Absolutely, but I'm not criminalizing them, just guessing what region they are from.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The children are always the most important, even above individual liberties and God given rights. Amidoinitrite?

So were a lot of other people, what makes them more suspicious than any other person there?

Yep, only Saudis are at the scene of bombings. Right?

Yep, along with numerous other people.

Doesn't matter, we are criminalized for the fact that we carry guns, which is what James Holmes (a white guy) and Adam Lanza (a white guy), used to commit mass murders. We are still criminalized because we match the description of people who took innocent lives. These guys match the description of people who took innocent lives, and you are criminalizing them. You, sir, are no better than the anti-gunners.

Of course, I believe they should be questioned. Not because of their skin color, but because they were at the scene of a bombing, everyone there should be questioned as to what they saw, not what they were doing there.

Not profiling them, just guessing as to what general region they are from. Could I be wrong? Absolutely, but I'm not criminalizing them, just guessing what region they are from.

Now degenerating into disjointed, illogical rants? You're more like Holmes and Lanza than just being "white."

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Nope, I'm saying anyone in there could have done it, but a lot of people here are insisting that the Saudis did it because they are "Saudi in the vicinity of a bomb." Would that be the appropriate charge?

Top Bottom