• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was asked that question once and answered "bad luck". When you consider the size of the ship and the iceberg and the size of the ocean, the odds are probably better of hitting the lottery than the two things hitting one another.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe they had to hit the iceberg to sink the Titanic to put the fire out. Did you ever think of that?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I remember back shortly before my grandfather died, in the late winter/early spring of 1972, we had gathered at his home because we knew the end was near. One of the stories he blessed us with was how, as a young man of 15 in 1912, he recalled reading on the internet of the horrible tragedy of the titanic striking an iceberg and sinking. If my grandfather says he read on the internet that it struck an iceberg, then by god, it struck an iceberg!

the biggest issue is they chose the route that was uphill, both ways :dunno:

Not a direct spoof thread as it's a legitimate news article, but posted AS a spoof thread, so... I dunno the actual ruling

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    the biggest issue is they chose the route that was uphill, both ways :dunno:

Not a direct spoof thread as it's a legitimate news article, but posted AS a spoof thread, so... I dunno the actual ruling
    We'll allow it.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I understand the first remote interior pictures revealed the swimming pools were still full of water ! What does that mean ? They could have used the pool water to put the fire out ? Definite negligence.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Passenger Liners are NOT armored. Fire or not, if it runs along an iceberg and rips a hole out of the side, it's going down.

The fire didn't need to make it more brittle, it would have peeled anyway.
    The steel back then wasn't even near as strong as it is today.

If you run the side of your car along a vice on a bench, don't be surprised that it punctures the wall of your car.
    Doesn't matter if you had a fire in your seat or not.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Passenger Liners are NOT armored. Fire or not, if it runs along an iceberg and rips a hole out of the side, it's going down.

The fire didn't need to make it more brittle, it would have peeled anyway.
    The steel back then wasn't even near as strong as it is today.

If you run the side of your car along a vice on a bench, don't be surprised that it punctures the wall of your car.
    Doesn't matter if you had a fire in your seat or not.

That sounds like an analogy based on true events, but was there a conspiracy behind it?

Top Bottom