• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I love it as my all around gun, I can download ammo so my kids can shoot it and it makes a dandy defensive cartridge. But my favorite reason it makes a great Hog Gun! I really like this one gun concept as it keeps me very familiar with my carry gun!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a 10mm Glock 20 and 29.
    I don't reload 10mm.
    There's places online to get it for prices that don't break the bank.
    If you can afford to shoot a .45ACP you can afford a 10mm, as they aren't that different.

It's a great round to shoot, good for self defense, and don't let people shy you away from it.

And if by chance you do reload 10mm, it's one of the most versatile handgun cartidges.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    I love my 10mm g20 gen4. I bought into the 10mm after shooting my father inlaws s&w 5906 . he is a former ky state trooper. the s&w was his issued pistol. he had tons of ammo at the time......free to me :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You guys have me dreaming about my ideal carry guns again: a pair of STI 2011s in 10mm with railed short dust cover frames and a similar commander-length gun to make a trio.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You guys have me dreaming about my ideal carry guns again: a pair of STI 2011s in 10mm with railed short dust cover frames and a similar commander-length gun to make a trio.

Rhino, I think you should go all the way. Bren 10 with sunglases, no socks and pastel colored shirt with white jacket. That would be killer!!!

In seriousness I would love to find an old S&W 1076 with the de cocker like the FBI Issued for several years.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Rhino, I think you should go all the way. Bren 10 with sunglases, no socks and pastel colored shirt with white jacket. That would be killer!!!

In seriousness I would love to find an old S&W 1076 with the de cocker like the FBI Issued for several years.

It was Miami Vice that got me started on 10mms and once I figured out how versatile the round is I became a devotee.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I picked up a g20 for carry on our black bear property. Sure I could have gotten a .44 or .357 mag, but why have 6 when you can have 16? On a not so funny reloading mistake, I was asked why I was shooting black powder out of it? Large dark cloud, multiple witnesses. And I couldn't hit squat that day. I was disgusted with my self. But I noticed something strange. The targets looked like I had used a small amount of shot on them (the close ones).
    Wasn't till after competition I figured it out. The moral of the story is don't exceed the reccomended velocity of the projectiles. I had used the same load data for JFP on a lead cast. The cloud was the bullit disintegrating out the end of my barrel. And bullit fragments on close targets. Funny now. Was bad at the time. And competing with hot loads wore me out big time. But it is an awesome gun. I love it

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I picked up a g20 for carry on our black bear property. Sure I could have gotten a .44 or .357 mag, but why have 6 when you can have 16? On a not so funny reloading mistake, I was asked why I was shooting black powder out of it? Large dark cloud, multiple witnesses. And I couldn't hit squat that day. I was disgusted with my self. But I noticed something strange. The targets looked like I had used a small amount of shot on them (the close ones).
    Wasn't till after competition I figured it out. The moral of the story is don't exceed the reccomended velocity of the projectiles. I had used the same load data for JFP on a lead cast. The cloud was the bullit disintegrating out the end of my barrel. And bullit fragments on close targets. Funny now. Was bad at the time. And competing with hot loads wore me out big time. But it is an awesome gun. I love it

Along those lines I made the mistake of loading up some plated bullets once and I couldn't hit a pie plate 7 yards away. Every pull of the trigger left me wondering WTH, how'd I miss? There's just now way to cut corners and make a 10mm cheap to shoot. After that I loaded nothing but 200gr hornady jhp bullets. Outstanding bullet that'll do everything a 10mm was meant to do.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Despite my username I have a Glock 20 SF. A great gun! When I carry it Underwood 180 Gr Bonded GP ride in it. Awesome ammo! I tried the 150 & 165 Gr weight rounds but I handled the 180 Gr weight better.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Along those lines I made the mistake of loading up some plated bullets once and I couldn't hit a pie plate 7 yards away. Every pull of the trigger left me wondering WTH, how'd I miss? There's just now way to cut corners and make a 10mm cheap to shoot. After that I loaded nothing but 200gr hornady jhp bullets. Outstanding bullet that'll do everything a 10mm was meant to do.

My standard plinking round is Ranier Plated 180s at about 1120fs (iirc). I can keep 3" circle at 50' with boring regularity. One week I decided to not change the paper target and I basically shot out the 3" center circle over a hundred rounds or so.

Now, my hot and nuclear loads are a very different story!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love the idea of a 10mm AR.

I hd the luck of shooting a FBI H&K MP5 in 10mm. A little different than the 9mm MP 5's i was use to.

In 1992 the issue gun for both the Billings Montana Police and Yellowstone County Sheriffs department (the county Billings is in) was the Glock 20 in 10mm. Billings PD soon went to Glock 22's in 40 but Yellowstone County Sheriffs Department was still using 10mm Glock 20's as of a couple years ago.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The scarey thing is that the FBI converted a full auto Thompson into 10MM. It was the most uncontrollable thing ever made.

I think the 1990s auto ordinance once made some 10MM semi auto versions.

One of the problems with 10MM with roller delayed blowback in the MP5 was that you needed to change parts when you went from downloaded 10MM to full power 10MM.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Years ago, Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supply almost always had a few S&W 1066 and an occasional 1076 in the case. They were dirt cheap at the time and I kick myself for not buying some of them.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I own a Glock 20SF and a Kimber in 10mm , love them both , and today I saw Sig announced in Sept. they will begin making a P-220 in 10mm , if so that will be the other must have for me.
    I say go for it, whats the worst thing that could happen ? you'd end up selling it INGO ?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Years ago, Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supply almost always had a few S&W 1066 and an occasional 1076 in the case. They were dirt cheap at the time and I kick myself for not buying some of them.

I hear you. If I could go back I would have hoarded some of those super cheap police trade in S&W Wheelguns for like $150-$300 bucks back in the day.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The scarey thing is that the FBI converted a full auto Thompson into 10MM. It was the most uncontrollable thing ever made.

I think the 1990s auto ordinance once made some 10MM semi auto versions.

One of the problems with 10MM with roller delayed blowback in the MP5 was that you needed to change parts when you went from downloaded 10MM to full power 10MM.

As of 2009 that is why almost 100% of the FBI SWAT team has went to M 4's of some type. There might be 1 or 2 still out there but that was the last time I actually saw one in their hands.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hear you. If I could go back I would have hoarded some of those super cheap police trade in S&W Wheelguns for like $150-$300 bucks back in the day.

Amen! In 1994 or 95, I got my 4 inch S&W 686 for $300 at Shoe's Gunrack and that was a little salty based on the current market. On the bright side, at least you can still find a 5906 on the cheap any time you need a reliable, sturdy 9mm pistol.

10mm S&W revolvers are pretty cool too, and if you choose you can shoot .40 short and weak in them.

Top Bottom