• 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If we can't get one, I know a guy that can make one

LOL, I bet you do!! ;) I love it. That would be awesome. If you guys can make it happen, go for it. We have no time frame restrictions. And I am more then willing to pay for any extras involved. This is my "bucket list 700 magnum action" rifle. I am at a time in my life that I should be getting some of the bucket list crossed off.

I have wanted a custom 700 for years. I talked to Allen a few years ago about rebarreling another 700 and he expressed an interest getting in to customizing the 700 series rifles. I was hoping to get him build one for me when he decide to do it. I am excited to have my file in you guys hands. As I had said earlier build it like it's your own. Eventually it might even end up in a better stock. Although I kinda like the Web, Bell and Carlson stock. It's heavy and solid. It's a bench rest rifle so weight isn't an issue.

Keep having fun. I am excited to see what you guys come up with next.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awesome Allen. I've got plenty of patience's. I appreciate you going the extra mile on it! It gets done when it's done, NP! I am not in a rush at all. I am honored to be the owner of the first build you've done of this kind. I like I said earlier "Build it like it's your own rifle" and if we go over budget just give me a heads up.

I know this is going to be so worth the wait. I look forward to the updates. #2 rifle is ready to go out the door to you when this one is done.

Thanks Allen qnd Deene. Keep up the awesome work. You guys are amazing. I am very impressed with your craftsmanship. At some point we should link this over to the Gunsmithing forum. I know it will get a lot of attention over there.

Larry :ingo:

Hehehehehe.....told-ya.....:):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just to confirm...this rifle came new from Remington all screwed up like that???

Let's not turn this in to a Remington bashing thread. I bought these knowing that not much was going to be reused on these rifles. And I have the right guy(s) on the job.

Deene Vanmeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Plainfield
    Just for the record, it's not that they are screwed up. All manufacturing processes have tolerances that are allowed. As a machinist and toolmaker, I know first hand how to use those to my advantage. That is why most mass produced parts have slight differences. Is it perfect, no. But is to print.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just for the record, it's not that they are screwed up. All manufacturing processes have tolerances that are allowed. As a machinist and toolmaker, I know first hand how to use those to my advantage. That is why most mass produced parts have slight differences. Is it perfect, no. But is to print.

Yep. And there is a big difference between mass produce and a custom built. When you have an issue in mass produced you can end up with thousand of rifles with issues. I know you will get it right.

And you are right, what fun would there be in a stock rifle. :): Remington has their custom gun shop. I called about time frame to run something threw a few years ago and it was a 18 month waiting period. I don't have that long to wait. And doubt that they wouldl spend as much time as you guys will.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    A little more eye candy. Deene has been hard at work and has the bolt 95%. I wanted to share some of the pics. I think it looks awesome.

this link should be active after a bit. still uploading a video of 3D milling the bolt lugs....a really poor video from my phone :(

[video=youtube;bTyOliHU5zI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTyOliHU5zI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Now for the fun part

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Holy sh*t!!!! That is awesome! I love it. Deene my friend, you are the man!!! That's some seriously awesome work. What an awesome update. Thanks Allen. And the Youtube video came out perfect.

Thanks Allen and Deene. To say I am impressed is an understatement. I guess you would call that diamond jeweling?? How appropriate!

Larry

Deene Vanmeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Plainfield
    After all the other work I had already done on the bolt, I was very nervous doing the fluting. Glad your happy with it. I know Allen and I was happy with it

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    After all the other work I had already done on the bolt, I was very nervous doing the fluting. Glad your happy with it. I know Allen and I was happy with it

Oh yeah. I am happy. I know you had to feel a bit nervous cutting on that but you totally nailed it! It does not look like that's your first attempt. You have crazy mad skills!!

Top Bottom