• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    just wandering how much experience should a shooter have before they try to take part in something like this

Do what I did last year, shoot a handful leading up to it and go shoot it. They are too much fun to miss and you get to see some bad a** dudes run and gun.

Got to meet and BS with Bob Vogel last year :rockwoot:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    just wandering how much experience should a shooter have before they try to take part in something like this

As long has you have safe gun handling skills and understand the sport some why not shoot it.

By understand it some I mean
    a Basic understand of the USPSA Rules
    Don't shoot yourself or anyone else
    Be safe
    Scoring
    Basic understanding of the course of fire

then just shoot it

JT's advice is sound, come out to the monthly club matches between now and then, hook up with Coach or Rhino and take an ACT class (HUGE help for a new shooter).
    You have this coming Sunday the WVPPS match, then the following Sunday a club Match at ACC.
    Then in May there is South Central, Warsaw or Silver Creek (which is having a special classifier 2nd Sunday) then WVPPS again on the 3rd Sunday and then ACC is having a special classifier and 4 additional stages 4th Sunday in May.

That is a sh*t load of shooting to get ready, plus get you classified.

As a matter of fact now looking at the calendar for the next 6 Sundays there are great matches to go to and 2 special classifiers. There is no reason for anyone that has been too much of a "I wanna, but I don't know" and hasn't shot a match yet.

This is either shut up and take up knitting or get the price tag off that pistola you bought 3 months ago and haven't shot it and get out to a match and get your entry in for the Section match!!!

No more excuses, no more I want to come and watch. Stop watching reruns of "24" and acting it out in your basement, and get your butt to a match and see what you are missing.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well, I earned the USPSA HTFU award...

Ended up in the hospital today. Looks like I have a blood clot from my knee surgury so they admitted me at ST Francis.

Hopefully I get out before Sunday so I can shoot :D

In all seriousness, I probably should have stayed home this weekend, now knowing that I put my life at risk.

I'm glad Jake had a cart!

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Dang Hickman! Out shot me all day AND defied death!

Hope you recover quickly and get back on the range.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well, I earned the USPSA HTFU award...

Ended up in the hospital today. Looks like I have a blood clot from my knee surgury so they admitted me at ST Francis.

Hopefully I get out before Sunday so I can shoot :D

In all seriousness, I probably should have stayed home this weekend, now knowing that I put my life at risk.

I'm glad Jake had a cart!

Dang Hickman! Out shot me all day AND defied death!

Hope you recover quickly and get back on the range.

sorry to hear about that knee
    You might want to stay at home for awhile and let the rest of us catch up

:rolleyes:

I'll see you at Riley if the knee's willing.Tell those Doc's to quit screwing around and fix it already

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Looks like it wasn't a blood clot, more than likely a blockage. Will find out this afternoon.

Frigging knee and heart, no wonder I sucked the 2nd half of the match!

I'll be ready for this match though!!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ron Cooper and his wife Mary Ann Cooper, two local competitors that also own "Target Sports" gun shop in Sheridan, IN have donated a Smith and Wesson M&P Pro for this years match.
    We are going to use this as a raffle gun, but also anyone that has already signed up or that send their entry in post marked by May 25th will automatically be entered in for the drawing.
    So get your entry form filled out and sent in postmarked (and entry fee paid) by May 25th and you will receive 1 chance to win a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro!!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    State match

It would sure be nice a lot more Indiana natives sign up and shoot this match. The price is right and the stages will be fun and challenging and there will be options on how to shoot most every single stage.

ACC is a fine facility and is run by good people. The match is sanctioned and the stages are approved. Which means we get to do what we want now. :D

The prizes will be by random draw. By signing up early you have a chance to win a gun.

The weather will be wonderful. Come on out and shoot in the state championship.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    bah, you'll have time to get that new badazz Brazos of yours broke in by then.

I think I'm going to stick with production thru the state match and then switch.
    I would like to get at least 1000 trouble free rounds through the STI( I'm at 400 with 2 FTF's) and a few more matches in Production ( more reloading) before I switch.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I shot production today trying to move up... should have shot Limited.

I'm giving up too many points in scoring shooting this .40.

I'll be shooting Limited from here on out.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is going to be a tough one and very challenging especially for the FNG / Me. !

The match will be set up to be competitive for all level of shooters. We are not fans of stand and shoot 8 round positions and then move.
    The stages will test all aspects of competitive shooting. Thinking that it will be too tough though is really just part of the mental game.
    If you think it will be too tough then you have already set yourself up for that.
    However if you are ready to be challenged in a fun and safe match that will present you with 10 stages that will present you with many options to complete then get your entry form in
    Saturday is starting to fill up quick.
    There are several open slots available on Friday and Sunday.

Get your paid entry in by May 25th and get entered into the drawing for the donated Smith and Wesson M&P Pro that Target Sports gave us.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I shot production today trying to move up... should have shot Limited.

I'm giving up too many points in scoring shooting this .40.

I'll be shooting Limited from here on out.

Yeah I know , I'm doing the same thing and I haven't worked up a minor load either:rolleyes:
    I am doing it to get used to stage breakdown with less rounds , reloading practice and to get classified in production. I had never shot production until the match before Warsaw.
    I kind of like it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I love Production, but shooting a .40, it's unproductive

4 points for B/C's instead of 3 and 2 points for D's instead of 1.

I will shoot Production in FNS and occasionally in USPSA, since I still want to make "C".

Top Bottom