Millennium Custom
    TechWear USA
    Starlight Cases

Gold Level
    CPSWA
    Rugged Gear

Silver Level
    Decot HyWyd

Last year the match was the 2nd largest attended State/Sectional Sanctioned Match and 11th overall most attended USPSA Sanctioned Match (excluding the Nationals) (A2,DoubleTap,A1,A6,A8,A5,A7,A3,A4,VA/MD,IN Sect)
    So don't miss out. If you like alot of shooting, lot's of options on how to shoot stages, good mix of near, far, close, tight, go fast, not so fast stages then this is your match.
    Here are the last 3 years Section Matches
    2009 Match
    YouTube - jakemartens's Channel
    2008 Match
    2007 Match

Match can be shot in 1 day format Saturday or Sunday
    or 2 day format Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning (limited slots)
    Staff will be shooting on Friday (limited exceptions to slots for competitors on Friday)

$85 entry fee
    Jr's $50
    (includes match shirt)
    ($110 after 6/1/10)
    NO REFUNDS after 6/1/10
    Entry Form:
    http://www.uspsaindiana.org/downloads/2010_Indiana_Section_Entry.pdf

We are currently seeking Range Officers and Range Staff. Match RO/Staff shoot for free, includes match shirt, and hotel accommodation for
    June 25th- 26th.
    Please notify Jake Martens ASAP if interested.
    Atlanta Conservation Club
    Indiana Section - USPSA
    Match Director: Jake Martens
    317-828-5338
    jakemartens@comcast.net

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    can't wait :rockwoot:

Over the last 3 years the Indiana Section Match has become a must shoot match for alot of competitors all over. Holding it at Atlanta Conservation Club puts it right in the center of the state at a great location.
    We are expecting 250-300 shooters this year.
    Between me, Coach and Mike we have put together 10 really good stages.

We have got
    7 stages of 32 rounds
    1 stage of 16
    1 of 11
    and 1 of 6

there will be 39 pieces of steel, at least 4 foot pad activators, 3 or 4 drop out ports, some drop turners and swingers and some hard cover targets.

It will be a great mix of stages that will offer lots of options for shooters to complete.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Over the last 3 years the Indiana Section Match has become a must shoot match for alot of competitors all over. Holding it at Atlanta Conservation Club puts it right in the center of the state at a great location.
    We are expecting 250-300 shooters this year.
    Between me, Coach and Mike we have put together 10 really good stages.

We have got
    7 stages of 32 rounds
    1 stage of 16
    1 of 11
    and 1 of 6

there will be 39 pieces of steel, at least 4 foot pad activators, 3 or 4 drop out ports, some drop turners and swingers and some hard cover targets.

It will be a great mix of stages that will offer lots of options for shooters to complete.

Sounds like great fun:rolleyes:

Count me in when and where can we get signed up.

Last edited:

nipplehead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    crown point
    Glad you brought the Sectional to a more central Location. I know you had good attendance were it was but I hate to drive to Kentucky to shoot an Indiana Sectional. It becomes alot more do able for those of us that might work weekends..only have to take one day off or call in sick!!:patriot:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Glad you brought the Sectional to a more central Location. I know you had good attendance were it was but I hate to drive to Kentucky to shoot an Indiana Sectional. It becomes alot more do able for those of us that might work weekends..only have to take one day off or call in sick!!:patriot:

I hear what you are saying and I even understand it. But there are some things to consider that many shooters don't seem to get.

1) There are very few places in the state to hold a quality state match. We need to have ten stages and they need to be more than stand in a box and shoot three targets in order to draw people and for those people to have fun.

2) For the same range to hold a major match like this is a lot of work for the host club and the few people who build these stages and tear them down. If it moves around a bit it helps spread out the work. I have worked the match every year since 2005 and I know how thin the work crew is.

3) If some club up north would have the bays and the props the state match could come back up North. FWAPS have hosted it before and Warsaw is thinking about some dirt work so they could host.

We want to make the match as easy to attend for Hoosiers as we can. We will have folks from Tennessee attend the match even though it is north of Indianapolis this year. Clint Upchurch usually attends and he is from North or South Carolina. Black Barry Martens will attend and he lives in Kansas City. (I have never seen his horns by the way) :)

Silver Creek where the match was is in Indiana according to the way most people figure geography. I agree with you that it was in Kentucky, because in my mind Northern Kentucky starts at US 40.:)

Just some food for thought about the state match and its location since I have some experience with putting the match on.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    pics of new one?

How do you pick your staff?

I wouldn't mind taking a day or two of vacation to help out.

I accept people's offer to help.
    For staff we need people that can help do set up during the week leading up to Friday.
    All staff needs to be available Friday AM to finish final stage set up, hang targets and then review the walk through and other information about the stages.
    Then we shoot Friday afternoon. Reset the stages before we leave Friday.
    Saturday early AM to make sure everything on their stages are ready to go. Targets set, got pasters, shooting list, other needed supplies.
    Sunday we do it all again, and there tear it down Sunday after the scores have been posted and we call the match final.
    Each stage will have a dedicated staff running it for Saturday and Sunday.
    Their will be a CRO = Chief Range Officer who is in charge of the stage and is Range Officer Certified, is responsible for ensuring the proper running of the stage, runs shooters, assist in scorekeeping, ensure safety is in place at all times, that shooters are following rules etc.
    There will be at least one Range Officer = assistant to the CRO, Range Officer Certified and does all the crap work the CRO doesn't want to do (assit running shooters, scorekeep, ensure the stage remains safe at all times)
    Stage Staff = will help with keeping flow of stage, ensuring targets are pasted and reset, assist in scorekeeping, keeping order of shooters and all the grunt work the RO doesn't want to do.

We will require at a minimum 1 CRO, 1 RO and 1 stage staff to make the match. To make the match run smooth and be enjoyable for everyone I would like to have 1 CRO, 2 RO, 2 Stage staff for every stage.
    Now 3 of the stages are in the same bay, so yeah we need at least 35 people to run the stages.
    Then there are about 5-10 other jobs that we need help with, like
    running score sheets, running water, helping at check in, helping at lunch, etc..

It is a long weekend, but just helping a being a part of a big match like this a competitor can learn alot.
    The help is needed and I always try to have a good prize table just for the Staff.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hear what you are saying and I even understand it. But there are some things to consider that many shooters don't seem to get.

1) There are very few places in the state to hold a quality state match. We need to have ten stages and they need to be more than stand in a box and shoot three targets in order to draw people and for those people to have fun.

2) For the same range to hold a major match like this is a lot of work for the host club and the few people who build these stages and tear them down. If it moves around a bit it helps spread out the work. I have worked the match every year since 2005 and I know how thin the work crew is.

3) If some club up north would have the bays and the props the state match could come back up North. FWAPS have hosted it before and Warsaw is thinking about some dirt work so they could host.

We want to make the match as easy to attend for Hoosiers as we can. We will have folks from Tennessee attend the match even though it is north of Indianapolis this year. Clint Upchurch usually attends and he is from North or South Carolina. Black Barry Martens will attend and he lives in Kansas City. (I have never seen his horns by the way) :)

Silver Creek where the match was is in Indiana according to the way most people figure geography. I agree with you that it was in Kentucky, because in my mind Northern Kentucky starts at US 40.:)

Just some food for thought about the state match and its location since I have some experience with putting the match on.

Also don't forget that I am asking to basically take over the range for 5 to 6 days, use all their props, facilities and equipment. It takes alot of stuff to put up good stages, especially when 5 or 6 of them are long courses.
    We will show up on Tuesday morning before the match and start building stages. We will use every bay so that means that the members can't shoot for that week. Now obviously we don't do this for free and pay the host club for use of the range, and use of the equipment and they also get a a portion of every paid entry fee.

Moving the match around helps expose it to different people and different clubs. It allows for a different setting so you are not stuck putting on the same kind of stages in the same bays every year. You get different people helping (although I see alot of the same people out there every year!!)

I my goal is to put one of the best big matches out there each year and keep getting the same people back and bringing in new people each year!!!

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    Sent you an email about helping out. Thanks for all the hard work already by all involved
    to put this event on.

Top Bottom