• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Though I don't own one, I had a chance to shoot a Beretta U22 Neo a little while ago. It was easy to handle and shot like a dream. Plus you get to look like you're from the future when you're holding it! :D

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Most of the guns mentioned are good choice; it's hard to go wrong with a Browning, Ruger or Hi Standard. I've shot all of them and they all feel good in my hand. But, when I added another recently I went with the Beretta Neos, 6" barrel. Fits my hand so well, comes with an integral rail, 2 magazines and disassembly is a sanp; unlike my Ruger. And it looks great next to my communicator. ;)

NRA Lifer since 1971

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My favorite 22 would be a Ruger mk 3 22 45 with a 5.5 inch bull barrel which is very accurate and reliable mine has had over 5000 rounds though it this year alone

pfeigert

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    I currently have 3 22's which I use on a regular basis: 1) Colt Woodsman - fine gun very accurate. 2) Beretta Model 76 - no longer made but was replaced by the Model 87. It's a target gun and well balanced. 3) Walther P22. Just got this one a couple of weeks ago. I've put about 150 rounds through it without any problems. I bought it to compliment my PK380. They are about the same shape and size but the P22 is cheaper to shoot. My very first gun was a Ruger wheel gun and I wish I still had it. Great gun and reasonably priced. I guess the model depends on whether you like semi-autos or revolvers. Good luck and have fun shopping. I hope this info helps. You really can't go wrong if you stick to the name brands. Pete

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    If you want the best, find a old High Standard Victor. If you want a plinker then Ruger Mark III, Buckmark, or SIG trailside will do. All should be reasonably priced, accurate, backed by a decent warranty, and reliable. Good shooting.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The Best?

High Standard Victor? The Best? Hmmm... I think I'd still take my Browning Gold Medalist. 'Course they haven't made them since, what... 1970? Might be a little hard to find these days. Well come to think of it the Victors can be almost as old and just as expensive. Eh. It's a toss up, but damn the Gold Medalists look SHARP!

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My P22 has been very reliable. Not a hiccup in 200 CCI minimags or the 500 federal bulk pack afterwards.:twocents: Accuracy is so-so. The Rugers I have fired before have been a bit more accurate, but they all had feeding problems. I was able to rule out a mag fault with the Rugers, but I never did find out why they were FTF'ing.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    My P22 has been very reliable. Not a hiccup in 200 CCI minimags or the 500 federal bulk pack afterwards.:twocents: Accuracy is so-so. The Rugers I have fired before have been a bit more accurate, but they all had feeding problems. I was able to rule out a mag fault with the Rugers, but I never did find out why they were FTF'ing.

which Ruger?.... my MKIII has never had FTF in over 2000rd's of what ever....just wonderin'...

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    My High Standard is a sport king m103. Not as expensive as a Victor Or a Citation but pretty accurate and very dependable. It has a really good feel to it . Probably about 300.00 TO 400.00 for a pretty nice one.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Was looking around the wabash area & was at the local big r & found a ruger mkIII 22/45 for the right price .I like the placement of everything(mag release,slide stop etc.) felt good in my hand & the price is right.thanks to everyone that contributed in my decision.I have owned a couple of ruger 22 autos in the past & have kicked myself later fo something I thought I wanted worse.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    +1 I have 4 mark II's and only issue I have ever had is the one competition model must have a hair tighter chamber and won't fully chamber the longer CCI stinger case.

Good to know I'm not the only one with that problem. I have two piles of .22LR ammo. The pile that will work in the Ruger and the pile that will work in everything else. :)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Was looking around the wabash area & was at the local big r & found a ruger mkIII 22/45 for the right price .I like the placement of everything(mag release,slide stop etc.) felt good in my hand & the price is right.thanks to everyone that contributed in my decision.I have owned a couple of ruger 22 autos in the past & have kicked myself later fo something I thought I wanted worse.

The Mark IIIs are nice guns. I think you'll be very happy with getting reacquainted with them.

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis

Congrats! Great choice! :) Hope to see some pics up soon, and maybe a range report/review after you get a chance to put a few rounds through it.

Top Bottom